ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i play for OCI or PIO VISA

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Easy Tiger

can i play for OCI or PIO VISA

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:49 am

hi , i would like to know if i can apply for OCI or PIO card from my parents or my wife. my mum has a British passport by nationalization and my dad has Indian passport. my wife who has lived in the UK since December 2011 and has Indefinite Leave To Remain in the UK , so can i apply for a OCI or PIO card through my dad or my wife. if yes what documents will i need.

i would really appreciate anyone who has been in my experience by not know anything about OCI or PIO cards , to answer my question.

thanks

easy tiger

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: can i play for OCI or PIO VISA

Post by gbhsmp » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:32 am

Current rules allow a person to apply for OCI on the basis of spouse citizenship
http://cgibirmingham.org/page/display/10/67

BTW there is no such thing as of now called PIO. PIO is scrapped and only thing available is OCI(OIC)

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:35 am

Hi , I am new to all this OCI / POI card processe so I would be really appreciate it and it will be very helpful to me if someone could answer my previous question.

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:59 pm

can i apply for a OCI Card if my dad has a indian pasport and my mum has british passport. if no as my wife has a indian passport with with ILR.

Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:29 pm

yes, you can apply for OCI but also check the eligibility conditions to ensure you satisfy all requirements.

https://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html#aa

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi , I'm not familiar with the OCI visa process but I would really appreciate it if any one who knows more about this process to confirm if my dad has a Indian passport and had a British passport can I apply for OCI and what documents would I need.

Imy wife also has a Indian passport so can I apply for OCI through her !

Thanks !

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:58 pm

I believe your questions have been answered in the previous posts and am am not sure what additional information you require.

As an applicant you need to review the requirements and submit the application. Refer to the links above for specific processes including documents, method of submission etc.
if you are still unsure, please ask specific questions or you may wish to consult professional advisors.