ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siddharthpandey
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General

Post by siddharthpandey » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Hello,

I am currently on Tier 2 General visa that was issued on 1st Jan 2014 for 3 years. As per the contract with the sponsor (organisation A), I am supposed to work on-site with other organisation (organisation B) and this is a permanent role. Its not an umbrella organisation as such, this decision was made as the management of both these companies are common and they agreed to do it this way.

As of today, 6th Feb 2015, organisation B has got a valid Tier 2 G sponsor license from the UKBA which has A rating. They are ready to generate a COS in April 2015 as I'm going to my home country in March. They have also agreed to give sponsorship for 5 years instead of 3 years and once approved I'll get a new job contract.

Rest everything is same like package, employment type, soc code, job roles, etc.

I've got few questions below:
  • - Can organisation B offer me 5 years of visa instead of 3? If you have read my case in the above paragraph, this is a switch not an extension at the same organisation.
    - Do I need to show proof of English communication skills and maintenance?
    - Does organisation B needs to show Resident Labour Market Test?
    - As such my current visa is valid till Dec 2017, if due to any reason my visa application gets rejected with organisation B, can I still work with organisation A ? As per the contract, I still work at organisation B but just get paid from organisation A as they are my current sponsor.
    - This is linked with the question above: when does my current COS & BRP expire - is it the moment I file a new application with a new COS or after I get a positive confirmation for this new visa application?
Please help me to find answer to these questions above and anything else that I must take care to successfully get this new visa for 5 years.