ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE URG HELP-ADVICE REQD 4 ILR APPL 4 MYSELF AND MY WIFE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sinu.xlnc
Newly Registered

PLEASE URG HELP-ADVICE REQD 4 ILR APPL 4 MYSELF AND MY WIFE

Post by Sinu.xlnc » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:43 pm

PLEASE URGENT HELP ADVICE REQUIRED FOR ILR APPLICATION FOR MYSELF AND MY WIFE.
Hi Guys
First of all big thank you for the informative forum I would like some advice and help on ILR Application and if I’m submitting it correctly.
Please could you answer to the below Questions highlighted in BOLD
Visa Stamp Date : - 27 MARCH 2010 on TIER 1 GENERAL (got for 3 years until 27March 2013)
UK Entry Date – Same day as stamping on 27th March
Renewed on 21 March 2013 and got the Visa Extension for 2 more Years until 21 MARCH 2015.
I have questioned to the Immigration officers at the time that why my visa is not Issued till 27 March 2015 and they said I’ll get the visa renewal on the date of Application.
So I’m short of 6 days in terms of total 5 years TIER 1 Validity.
Question 1. When is the latest date I can apply for Visa? (as I’m told I can apply 28 days before the expiry , Should i consider as 21 march or 28 march) (Please advise as I’ll be booking the appointment date depend on your replies.)
About my wife :
She came to UK on 12 MARCH 2011 on Tier 1 General Dependent and her visa is valid until 21MARCH 2015 (same as my expiry date)
Question 2 – Is she eligible to apply for ILR application at the same time ? If so, I’ll be taking the appointment for both of us in person and pay the fee through online in advance. (Could you please advise on this) – I read that she is eligible to apply if she comes to UK before July 2012 – SO just need the confirmation.
Question 3:If we can both apply at same time then can we use only 1 Application? SET (O) Application ? Or do we have to fill 2 applications? (1 for each applicant?)
Question 4: What additional docs she needs to provide with the application?
For your Information and docs we have and will be providing are :
Question 5: My docs: (Please advise if any docs are missing or I need provide)
Passport ,
Biometric Card,
Photos,
12 months payslips,
12 month bank statements ,
Employer letter,
P 60
Life in UK test pass Certificate,
Educational docs ,
English language study Letter from University (India)
Question 6: My Wife Docs: (Please advise if any docs are missing or she needs to provide)
Passport
Photos
Life in UK Test Pass certificate
Her Educational Docs
English Language study Letter from her university in India

In Addition, I’ll be Providing
Tenancy Agreement,
Council tax on both names (have to order from Council) – Question 7: Is it Required?? -

Please advice if any other docs need to provided?
Question8: Also, DO I need to carry the photocopp of each docs mentioned above?

It would be very helpful if any of you guys can help with the Questions above.
Alternatively, Im happy to call any person to seek advice and discuss on these things.

These are the initial Questions i have might have some more Questions (just started to read the guidance and filling the application) and will continue the topic.
I Believe most of people here have same Questions and it will be helpful for others to check Questions.

Thanks in Advance for all and i'm waiting for your answers

Kindest Regards
Sreenivas

Sinu.xlnc
Newly Registered

Re: PLEASE URG HELP-ADVICE REQD 4 ILR APPL 4 MYSELF AND MY W

Post by Sinu.xlnc » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:36 pm

ANother Question would be :

Question 9 : List of Absences in last 5 years:

I have calculated and it comes up to 118 days i was outside UK in last 5 years.
All of them are on vacation/holidays to various countries except 7 days on Business Trip.

Now, this business trip is my Ex-Employee (now some other company acquired this company so i dont have any contacts in my previous company). However, I have a letter from Ex-employee stating the i'll be on Conference during these days in USA and i can apply for US Visa. IS this sufficient ? Or any other way i can provide this information ?

Also, For all the holidays (118 days) - do we need to show the proof? Show the online tickets of all the air flights ?
Or should i just mention the dates on Section 6(Immigration History) of the Application form SET (O) provided in the table ?

Thanks for providing the answers

bhattj
Newly Registered

Post by bhattj » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Question 1: Consider 28 March to calculate 28 days as that's when you will be completing your 5 years not 21st March.

Question 2: Yes, she is eligible under rules before Jul 2012

Question 3: One form is required. No need to fill in 2 applications.

Question 7: Include Marriage Certificate

Question 8: You only need to submit originals which will be returned no photocopies.

Question 9: Which visa are you currently on? If you are on Tier 1, no evidence is required as long as you haven't broken 180 day rule criteria. Just list your absence dates and you will be fine.

Sinu.xlnc
Newly Registered

Post by Sinu.xlnc » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks Bhatt.
On Q9.
Question 9: Which visa are you currently on? If you are on Tier 1, no evidence is required as long as you haven't broken 180 day rule criteria. Just list your absence dates and you will be fine.

I'm On Tier 1 General. So even if i go on Business trip the letter from Employer not required?

bhattj
Newly Registered

Post by bhattj » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:28 pm

Sinu.xlnc wrote:Thanks Bhatt.
On Q9.

I'm On Tier 1 General. So even if i go on Business trip the letter from Employer not required?
You don't require any letter as long as you are under 180 days. I just got my ILR and submitted the dates with a covering letter stating reason as Holiday, no questions asked.