ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

six month period of validity

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aaron76
Newly Registered

six month period of validity

Post by aaron76 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm pleased that my wife has received her EEA family permit.
However we have noticed that the permit is valid for six months. Now, I know this is normal, but as she will not be arriving until 1st April and the permit is dated as becoming invalid on 19th July, could there be a problem in applying for the residency card?
Does anyone know how long residency cards usually take to apply for/process?
I qualify for permanent residency in the UK as a person born in Northern Ireland. I am employed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Sorry, not sure why my post appeared 3 times... Deleted the others already.

aaron76
Newly Registered

Re: six month period of validity

Post by aaron76 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:56 pm

I'm reading online that the residence card just has to be applied for before the six months on the family permit expires. Then a letter of application is issued. I'm guessing this covers the applicant until a decision is made.
If the residence card can take up to six months and the family permit is only valid for six months...it must be possible for the two periods to overlap.

Any additional information or confirmation of this would be greatly appreciated.

manu_uk
Newly Registered

Post by manu_uk » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi, could you provide the link where you found said information?
According to UK visas site that is not the case.

Thanks!

Kerr b
Newly Registered

Post by Kerr b » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:46 pm

No you should not have a problem the 6 month stand as a entry clearance once she is here you send in your and her documents and apply for eea2 that's what I did with my kids who join us in the uk