ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cmpic

Re: July 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by cmpic » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:47 am

assa81 wrote:Hi,

I have send an email last week asking what is going on with my application, since 6 months had already passed.
Today I got a letter in the post from Home Office asking for ORIGINAL documents confirming my English language skills.

I was rather surprised by this, as I have applies with local checking service at the council, so everything was checked. The lady who was dealing with took copies of all those documents and told me there is no need to send originals anymore.

Well I am sending off my originals in the post today. I hope that means I will be getting an approval soon. I guess they would have mentioned if anything else was missing.
Could you share to whom you sent the email? To general complaints email address? or to someone specific?

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Received a letter today telling me the same crap like everyone else.
"We are doing to scrutiny on certain cases after chief inspector's report and your case is one of them that's why it isn't processed in 6 months and it can take another 6 months or even more but we will contact you. We advise you not to contact us again unless your circumstances change."

What about the scrutiny of those who's applications been processed in a week even after chief inspector report and what the hell my application was doing for last 6 months even before that report.

Vibek8
Newly Registered

Post by Vibek8 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi all

2 week ago I sent request letter to home office
Recived an a update today they will processes my application within next 3 -6 month time also saying do not contact us

Mafikizolo
Newly Registered

Post by Mafikizolo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi all, seems like today, a few of us got the standard letter advising us to wait for another 3-6month period before a decision is made. I applied on the 1st of July 2014. Haaa still waiting, actually because am travelling next month, I requested to have my passports back and they did return them swiftly. But hey 7months on and now well into the 8th month am still waiting and to add salt to injury the letter states a decision will be made in 3-6 months. They are literally telling me, give us a year to decide wether it is a yes or a No. Frustrating to say the least.

mavis123
Newly Registered

Post by mavis123 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Mafikizolo wrote:Hi all, seems like today, a few of us got the standard letter advising us to wait for another 3-6month period before a decision is made. I applied on the 1st of July 2014. Haaa still waiting, actually because am travelling next month, I requested to have my passports back and they did return them swiftly. But hey 7months on and now well into the 8th month am still waiting and to add salt to injury the letter states a decision will be made in 3-6 months. They are literally telling me, give us a year to decide wether it is a yes or a No. Frustrating to say the least.
Applied on 29/07 & received a letter today same as yours.

assa81
Newly Registered

Post by assa81 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:53 pm

cmpic wrote:

I have send an email last week asking what is going on with my application, since 6 months had already passed.
Today I got a letter in the post from Home Office asking for ORIGINAL documents confirming my English language skills.

I was rather surprised by this, as I have applies with local checking service at the council, so everything was checked. The lady who was dealing with took copies of all those documents and told me there is no need to send originals anymore.

Well I am sending off my originals in the post today. I hope that means I will be getting an approval soon. I guess they would have mentioned if anything else was missing.
Could you share to whom you sent the email? To general complaints email address? or to someone specific?

I wrote to furthernationalityenquiry@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Mafikizolo
Newly Registered

Post by Mafikizolo » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:00 am

To add more salt to my already sore injury, my friend applied for naturalisation last month on the 13th and got her approval yesterday on the 6th dated the 30th January. Barely 3weeks from the time of her application. I once wrote to the HO and they wrote back to me telling me that " applications are dealt with in order of first come basis" surely this does not seem to be it. What curse befell us applicants of june-September? To be honest am not the happiest lass at the moment.

Mafikizolo
Newly Registered

Post by Mafikizolo » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:45 am

assa81 wrote:
cmpic wrote:

Well from experience of those who have gone through this, you will definately hear from them by next week or so. This is a positive thing, it only means that your application is being dealth with and they realised that document was missing hence why they have requested it, otherwise I bet your case would have closed. Good luck

I wrote to furthernationalityenquiry@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Kronos362
Newly Registered

Post by Kronos362 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:49 am

Eligibility criteria: Married to British citizen for 5 years & 2 years ILR
Language criteria met: English professional qualification (Chartered accountant)
Current nationality: South African
Method of application: 1st Contact visa
Council name if NCS used: n/a
Date of application: 15/07/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC/DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16/07/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 24/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 18/07/2014
Date approval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

I've just received the dreaded letter from Home Office. 3-6 month more to process application bla, bla, bla.

I've been a higher rate tax payer for a decade, have never claimed anything from the state. Came over as a highly skilled migrant and even have to daughter born and being raised in the UK.

I can truly say it is one of the most stressful things ever, My wife doesn't understand as she's born with a UK passport so has never been treated like a second class citizen just because of where she's been born. Hopefully I've got some hair left at the end of this process. I've missed a family member death/funeral in South African because I'm not able to travel at the moment; and my job is being affected as I can't travel for work which is causing some career damage.

Very, very, annoying.

PS: they were very quick to take my money:)

Anyway, good luck to everyone and God bless.

gaurjai

Post by gaurjai » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:57 am

Mafikizolo wrote:Hi all, seems like today, a few of us got the standard letter advising us to wait for another 3-6month period before a decision is made. I applied on the 1st of July 2014. Haaa still waiting, actually because am travelling next month, I requested to have my passports back and they did return them swiftly. But hey 7months on and now well into the 8th month am still waiting and to add salt to injury the letter states a decision will be made in 3-6 months. They are literally telling me, give us a year to decide wether it is a yes or a No. Frustrating to say the least.

Yes, I have also received same letter on 06th feb to wait for another 3-6 months... ridiculous....

Kronos362
Newly Registered

Post by Kronos362 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:14 am

gaurjai wrote:

Yes, I have also received same letter on 06th feb to wait for another 3-6 months... ridiculous....
Got the very same letter, joy...

Mafikizolo
Newly Registered

Post by Mafikizolo » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Kronos362 wrote:Eligibility criteria: Married to British citizen for 5 years & 2 years ILR
Language criteria met: English professional qualification (Chartered accountant)

I've just received the dreaded letter from Home Office. 3-6 month more to process application bla, bla, bla.

I've been a higher rate tax payer for a decade, have never claimed anything from the state. Came over as a highly skilled migrant and even have to daughter born and being raised in the UK.

I can truly say it is one of the most stressful things ever, My wife doesn't understand as she's born with a UK passport so has never been treated like a second class citizen just because of where she's been born. Hopefully I've got some hair left at the end of this process. I've missed a family member death/funeral in South African because I'm not able to travel at the moment; and my job is being affected as I can't travel for work which is causing some career damage.

Very, very, annoying.

Very frustrating to say the least, but my advice along your career lines are that if you sent your travel documents, just write to them the same address where you sent your application and ask them to send you your documents back.I did so last month as I have to travel to Kenya next month, they did return my documents plus birth certs both mine and daughter's and it does not affect your application at all so you should be able to travel. The 3-6 month thing is highly annoying I must say, my friend applied last month, decision of approval was recieved last friday and her ceremony is being done on wednesday this week, all in less than a month. Very frustrating I must say.

stillwaiting4it
Newly Registered

Post by stillwaiting4it » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Mafikizolo wrote:
Kronos362 wrote:Eligibility criteria: Married to British citizen for 5 years & 2 years ILR

Very, very, annoying.

Very frustrating to say the least, but my advice along your career lines are that if you sent your travel documents, just write to them the same address where you sent your application and ask them to send you your documents back.I did so last month as I have to travel to Kenya next month, they did return my documents plus birth certs both mine and daughter's and it does not affect your application at all so you should be able to travel. The 3-6 month thing is highly annoying I must say, my friend applied last month, decision of approval was recieved last friday and her ceremony is being done on wednesday this week, all in less than a month. Very frustrating I must say.
This is the key. I also applied in July. If I could know that your friend and others like her had full checks as well and just happened to get lucky that they went quickly, then fair game to her. It's the idea that we may not be getting checked equally that's a bother.

Worse, the idea that we were put to the side whilst regulations were clarified and now that they are clear, we're not first in the queue to get resolved.

Mafikizolo
Newly Registered

Post by Mafikizolo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:16 am

stillwaiting4it wrote:
Mafikizolo wrote:

Very, very, annoying.

This is the key. I also applied in July. If I could know that your friend and others like her had full checks as well and just happened to get lucky that they went quickly, then fair game to her. It's the idea that we may not be getting checked equally that's a bother.

Worse, the idea that we were put to the side whilst regulations were clarified and now that they are clear, we're not first in the queue to get resolved.
Exactly as you have said it, the nationality guys were apparently moved to deal with the backlogs at the Passport office between June -September 2014. Regulations stipulated and upgraded and when they returned they just picked up with the new applications as ours lay quietly gathering dust. These other late applications are being dealt with within a month or weeks yet for us we are waiting 7months on. It beats the logic of first come first served and the wait is not nice at all. When I asked for my travel documents last month, the letter accompanied with stated " when work starts on you application, and should we require your documents again, we will request them back" soundingly so, this was the 9th of January no work had started on my application.

Kronos362
Newly Registered

Post by Kronos362 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:14 am

Very frustrating to say the least, but my advice along your career lines are that if you sent your travel documents, just write to them the same address where you sent your application and ask them to send you your documents back.I did so last month as I have to travel to Kenya next month, they did return my documents plus birth certs both mine and daughter's and it does not affect your application at all so you should be able to travel. The 3-6 month thing is highly annoying I must say, my friend applied last month, decision of approval was recieved last friday and her ceremony is being done on wednesday this week, all in less than a month. Very frustrating I must say.[/quote]

Unfortunately my passport is expired as it's 10 years old, all it's good for is the ILR stamp in it. So caught in between a rock and a hard place. Need a new South African passport which will take at least 6 months or continue waiting for British citizenship then passport.

Not the end of the world, just very stressful. Worst thing is if for some reason they don't give me citizenship. I won't be absolutely distraught, but will be more angry at all the time and money I've wasted, as I could've just renewed my South African passport and gotten my ILR transferred into a new passport, which would've already been done by now.

Kronos362
Newly Registered

Post by Kronos362 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Sent a complaint e-mail to home office today as well as an e-mail to my local MP.

I'll keep you all updated on what happens

klevera
Newly Registered

Post by klevera » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 General 5 year + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: Bachelors with Hons from UK University
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Hertfordshire
Date of application: 29/07/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/07/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 31/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 20/08/2014

Letter received from Home Office that this can take upto 3-6 month more... Happy Days :roll:

arsenik1973
Newly Registered

Post by arsenik1973 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:23 pm

[quote="arsenik1973"]Eligibility criteria: 5 Years + Spouse of BC
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): English B1 + Life In UK Test
Current nationality: Turkish
Method of application: Post
Council name if NCS used: 
Date of application: 17/07/14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/07/14
Date of acknowledgment: 02/08/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 29/07/14 - Balance dropped on the account
Date approval received:11/02/2015
Date of ceremony: Waiting
Hey everyone
i got my approval letter today after 6,5 months.Thanks to forum and people towrite here.it was so hard to wait patiently.but you calmed me down mostly.By the way i called numerios time there.2 complaint email plus 1 by MP email to them.Last i ve sent complain letter again and finally they sent me big brown letter.inside my documents and approved letter.Good luck everyone.

stillwaiting4it
Newly Registered

Post by stillwaiting4it » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:46 pm

arsenik1973 wrote:
arsenik1973 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Years + Spouse of BC
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): English B1 + Life In UK Test
Hey everyone
i got my approval letter today after 6,5 months.Thanks to forum and people towrite here.it was so hard to wait patiently.but you calmed me down mostly.By the way i called numerios time there.2 complaint email plus 1 by MP email to them.Last i ve sent complain letter again and finally they sent me big brown letter.inside my documents and approved letter.Good luck everyone.
Congrats on the approval! Had you received the 3-6 months additional wait form letter before today?

arsenik1973
Newly Registered

Post by arsenik1973 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks stillwaiting4it
no i didnt get that letter thanks to the God.I was hopeless to be honest but painful process ended.bytheway yesterday i called.they said still in prosess.:)they are big joke.

quote="stillwaiting4it"]
arsenik1973 wrote:
arsenik1973 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Years + Spouse of BC
Hey everyone
Congrats on the approval! Had you received the 3-6 months additional wait form letter before today?[/quote]

docmonaco
Newly Registered

Post by docmonaco » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:34 pm

I am SO LIVID about this, you have no idea! I have written my MP several times (She's actually been helpful) and Sarah Rapson, several complaints, and now a dozen tweets about this travesty. I think it's the dismissive nature of their response that is really winding me up. And then they have the BALLS to suggest it will take another 3-6 months! If anyone has found a way to get answers, please do share -- I'm outraged!

Thanks!

Newly Registered

Post by 009516968 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5+ Exercising Treaty Rights and Married to British Citizen ( EEA/EU National )
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): Esol B1 test
Current nationality: Spanish
Council name if NCS used: Northumberland County Council
Date of application: 17/07/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/07/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 02/08/2014. ( Dated 29/07/2014 )
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 29/07/2014
Date approval received: 12/02/2015
Date of ceremony:18/02/2015

Final Update from me.

EEA/EU citizen exercising treaty rights for over 20 years but with NO PR card.
I did not get the dreaded letter advising that it could take a further 3 to 6 months.
I wish the best of luck to everyone remaining and hope you all get to hear from HO soon.

Best Regards

Alban1975
Newly Registered

Post by Alban1975 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:42 am

Eligibility criteria: 5+ EEA family member + 15 months ILR
Language criteria met: (UK) Masters degree + Life in the UK test
Current nationality: Albanian
Council name if NCS used: Bracknell
Date of application: 11/07/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: Can't remember
Date of acknowledgment: Dated 24/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 24/07/2014
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony:Waiting

Sent a letter to the caseworker in mid January for an update, and just like the rest of you I also received same letter from HO, (last Friday) that I have to wait a further 3-6 months. The response did not have caseworker's initials or any signature, which makes me believe that this is a general response without any specific reasons on why my (your) application has been delayed. This is really frustrating, as when I have tried to speak to the call centre, they don't have a clue what's happening, while writing to the caseworker provides a standard reply.

hs-french
Newly Registered

Post by hs-french » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:41 pm

hs-french wrote:
hs-french wrote:Hello everyone. My stats:

Eligibility Criteria: 6 Years (EEA National Exercising EC Treaty Rights)
Current Nationality: French
Language Criteria Met: Life in UK + Cambridge FCE (First Certificate in English, B2)
Method of Application: NCS (Bedford)
Date of Application: 15th July 2014
Date of Receipt by Home Office: 31st July 2014
Date of Debit of Fees: Debit Card (early August 2014)
Fee Paid: £906
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement: 4th August 2014 (Dated 31st July 2014)
Date of Receipt of Approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

Four months passed, no news. Pretty annoying when there is not much you can do about it. Keep waiting, you say? I am. But, still, it's not fair that applications that were received months after me got processed and approved while we KEEP WAITING!
Just a quick update on my application. Six months passed last weekend since my application was received. I called HO today. All I was told is that my app is still under consideration and they know no other details. They suggested I should write to the case workers to inquire.
UPDATE:

Language Criteria Met: Life in UK + Cambridge FCE (First Certificate in English, B2)
Application Method: NCS (Bedford)
Payment Method: Debit Card
Application Date: 15/7/14
Acknowledgement Letter Dated: 31/7/14
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 4/8/14
Payment Clearance: early August 2014
Approval Letter Dated: 14/2/15
Approval Letter Received: 19/2/15
Ceremony: Booked

I thank everyone who shared their experiences on this forum. My best wishes of good luck to those who are still waiting. I hope you all get sorted soon.

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:07 pm

hs-french wrote:
hs-french wrote:
hs-french wrote:Hello everyone. My stats:

Method of Application: NCS (Bedford)
Date of Application: 15th July 2014
Date of Receipt by Home Office: 31st July 2014
Date of Debit of Fees: Debit Card (early August 2014)
Fee Paid: £906
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement: 4th August 2014 (Dated 31st July 2014)
Date of Receipt of Approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

Four months passed, no news. Pretty annoying when there is not much you can do about it. Keep waiting, you say? I am. But, still, it's not fair that applications that were received months after me got processed and approved while we KEEP WAITING!
Just a quick update on my application. Six months passed last weekend since my application was received. I called HO today. All I was told is that my app is still under consideration and they know no other details. They suggested I should write to the case workers to inquire.
UPDATE:

Application Method: NCS (Bedford)
Payment Method: Debit Card
Application Date: 15/7/14
Acknowledgement Letter Dated: 31/7/14
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 4/8/14
Payment Clearance: early August 2014
Approval Letter Dated: 14/2/15
Approval Letter Received: 19/2/15
Ceremony: Booked

I thank everyone who shared their experiences on this forum. My best wishes of good luck to those who are still waiting. I hope you all get sorted soon.
Congratulations.
Could you please let us know if you received any letter asking you to wait another 3/6 months ?