ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national applying for BC without PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PYRZAN
Newly Registered

Re: EEA national applying for BC without PR

Post by PYRZAN » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi all,
Eligibility criteria: 5+1yr ILR without PR card
Language criteria met : B1
Current nationality: EU
Method of application: NCS Newham
Date of application: 14 July 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25 July 2014
Date of acknowledgment: 25 July 2014
Date approval received: Awaiting
Date of ceremony:
6 months soon and no progress.

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:56 pm

assa81 wrote:oh well, Next week it will be 6 months since I have applied and I have heard nothing so far.
I am not even sure if it is worth chasing..

Anyone else have actually had any progress?
I don't know if chasing them makes any difference, but it made me feel better because I knew that I did all that I could do on my part.

Besides, it's fun bothering obnoxious people :lol: :lol: :lol:
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

assa81
Newly Registered

Post by assa81 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Hey Guys, What number do you actually call to ask about the progress??

efm71
Newly Registered

Post by efm71 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi All,

Same situation here, EEA national, living in UK since 2008, applied end of September, no news yet.

I only sent P60s (and a letter from my previous employer as one of the P60s was missing). Applied through the NCS and they said that this was enough. I'm also married to a British National, but the NCS lady said that I didn't need to use this in my application as I was ok 'on my own merit'.

QUESTION:
did anyone send any other documents to as proof of residency for the last 6 years, or P60s are enough?

I have a big pile of payslips, but didn't include these in my application....

Cheers!

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi guys,

I am Hungarian and have pr since 2012 and got my approval in 5 weeks. So I do think it sped it up.
Good luck guys!

simply_the_best

Post by simply_the_best » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:28 am

efm71 wrote:Hi All,

Same situation here, EEA national, living in UK since 2008, applied end of September, no news yet.

I only sent P60s (and a letter from my previous employer as one of the P60s was missing). Applied through the NCS and they said that this was enough. I'm also married to a British National, but the NCS lady said that I didn't need to use this in my application as I was ok 'on my own merit'.

QUESTION:
did anyone send any other documents to as proof of residency for the last 6 years, or P60s are enough?

I have a big pile of payslips, but didn't include these in my application....

Cheers!

Hi pal Same as u came in 2008 and applied in end of sept as EEA. I have not hope before 1 year waiting anymore. As far as I'm concern if was to be refused would have been by now so Ita just a matter of time until we get our approval. And I also sent the P60 +letter from employer. What I have been told P60 should be okay

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:24 am

I hope you are right, but somebody from May and September just got declines this week. Makes me nervous. All fingers crossed the wait is worth it and we all get our approvals. I'd happily wait a year for all the checks if it's a yes! Especially as EU citizens who can live here anyway, we wouldn't be doing this if we didn't have a very strong connection (and often British husbands and wives, too!) in the UK.

simply_the_best

Post by simply_the_best » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:12 am

Julian11 wrote:I hope you are right, but somebody from May and September just got declines this week. Makes me nervous. All fingers crossed the wait is worth it and we all get our approvals. I'd happily wait a year for all the checks if it's a yes! Especially as EU citizens who can live here anyway, we wouldn't be doing this if we didn't have a very strong connection (and often British husbands and wives, too!) in the UK.

Your right but if you think that u have meet the requirements,no convinctions you should stay without worries. They cannot refuse us just because we don't have a PR card. The law says that you can apply after 6 years of meeting EEA requirements. We should be fine it's just the waiting time. Maybe they have backlogs and are doing more checks. I'm still positive about it and it's still early days for us

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:59 pm

Great news - we have our second no PR card acceptance! Just saw this in the June thread. :)
adamski1 wrote:Hello !
My journey to British Citizenship is over! It's been nearly 8 months waiting. Applied on 06/06/2014. I got a letter one hour ago:) ->'' I am pleased to tell you that this application for British Citizenship has been approved.''<- :lol:
I am Polish. Living in the UK since 2006. I wish you all the best :!:

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:05 pm

And one more, in the July thread! Congrats to all the EEA non-PR holders getting their approvals through.
misco78 wrote:Hi all! Finally received the approval letter today!!! Here is my timeline! It took them 6 months and 8 days (not counting...lol)

I hope everyone receives the brown envelope ASAP. Thanks to everyone on the forum.

Eligibility criteria: 5+1 -
Language criteria met : Trinity GESE grade 9/ Life in the UK test pass
Current nationality: EU
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Newham
Date of application: 14 July 2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16 July 2014
Date of acknowledgment: TBC
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 4th August 2014
Date approval received: 31st January 2015 (letter dated 24th January 2015)
Date of ceremony: TBC

Notjustok
Newly Registered

Post by Notjustok » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Hi all, i will like to update you guys that i receive a letter from home office after my MP contacted them regarding my application. here is the response: Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appear ur application will not be processed within the 6month target. we expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3-6 month, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. pls note we will contact you with further updates.

This also applies to any family members whose application for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

yours sincerely

Nationality Casework.

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:44 am

Yeah, it seems like quite a few people are getting this letter. Hopefully an extra 3-6 months is just to cover any possible additional delays and it won't actually take very long.

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:47 am

One more without PR! From July.
ella1 wrote:Hello,

Today I got approval letter! This is my timeline:

Eligibility criteria: EEA (5+1 year, issued workpermit in June 2008)
Nationality: Latvian
Method of application: postal
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/07/14
Date of debit of fees: 17/07/14
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 17/07/14 (received: 24/07/2014)
Date of receipt of approval: 04/02/2015 (letter dated 01/02/2015)
Date of ceremony- to be booked.

Good luck to everyone!

:)

mrkub
Newly Registered

Post by mrkub » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Eligibility Criteria : 9 yrs family of EEA National, no PR card
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 30/12/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 31/12/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 15/01/2015 (dated 06/01/2015)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 7/01/2015
Date documents returned: 21/01/2015
Date approval received: 05/02/2015 (dated 31/01/2015)
Date of ceremony: 12/02/2015

I was very surprised to see the envelope so quick, considering everyone else without a PR card is waiting for so long. I guess my advantage was that I have lived here since I was a kid, so they didn't need to do any checks in my home country.

Good luck everyone.

Bwishes
Newly Registered

Post by Bwishes » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:48 pm

mrkub wrote:Eligibility Criteria : 9 yrs family of EEA National, no PR card
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 30/12/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 31/12/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 15/01/2015 (dated 06/01/2015)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 7/01/2015
Date documents returned: 21/01/2015
Date approval received: 05/02/2015 (dated 31/01/2015)
Date of ceremony: 12/02/2015

I was very surprised to see the envelope so quick, considering everyone else without a PR card is waiting for so long. I guess my advantage was that I have lived here since I was a kid, so they didn't need to do any checks in my home country.

Good luck everyone.
Hi marking
congratulations for your approval.
I would like to ask you if you apply as a EEA family member and you are a EEA citizen yourself ? Thank you .

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:23 pm

I apply on th 11 of august2014/ 5+1year without PR, after waiting for 6 months this is a letter I receive today.

Dear sirs

I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for British Citizenship,
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 months target.

Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will he applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British citizenship. Your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6 months

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3 to 6 months but we will write to you again if this is not going, to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

Please do not contact the UKVI Contact Centre regarding the progress of your ease as they will not be able to provide any further information.
This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Yours sincerely

Nationality casework
Journey of thousands of miles begins with a single step

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:32 pm

One more non PR approval.
reki_14 wrote:Hello all,

I have been following your posts for some time but as my story was similar to most of yours I decided to share my experience just now as I received my approval today. I sent my application by post on June 22-nd and received my approval letter today which means that I have waited for 7 months and a half. I have contacted HO multiple times by phone receiving same standard answers that my application is in progress and they don't need any additional documents. In December just before Christmas (on the 23-rd of December) I have sent letter to the same address I sent my application asking for any information but didn't receive any answer. I called them in January and I was told that I was going to receive a letter very soon and finally I received it today. Thank you for your posts and good luck to everyone :D .

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years EU Nationality
Language criteria met (Life in the UK test & Esol L3):
Current nationality: EU Nationality
Council name if NCS used: sent application by post
Date of application: 22/06/2014
Payment method: Visa debit
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 30/06/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 30/06/2014
Date approval received: 05/02/2015( date on the letter 02/02/2015)
Date of ceremony:Waiting.....

efm71
Newly Registered

Post by efm71 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:51 pm

OK, I got a text from my wife and apparently the famous brown envelope arrived at home.

I still need to see to believe it, but just wanted to share with you.

I got my letter acknowledging receipt of application on Sept 25 (Applied via NCS)
Have been living in UK for 10 years
I'm a EEA citizen (with no PR card, which is also good news as apparently these cases were taking 7 months...)
Citizenship approval received: 6 Feb (if my wife is correct)

dkara
Newly Registered

Post by dkara » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:20 am

Hi all,

I am EEA citizen and I applied for British citizenship in October 2014. I did not have ILR or PR but at the time I applied I had completed 6 years in UK. During these years I had been studying towards a PhD degree and at the same time I had been working at uni to meet my expenses. I received my approval letter last week (in less than 4 months!). I believe I am an example of an EEA citizen who had been exercising his treaty rights continuously for 6 years and was granted citizenship without ILR or PR card. My timelines are as follows:

Eligibility criteria: 6 years EEA without ILR or PR card
Language criteria met: UK PhD degree + Life in The UK Test
Method of application: Special delivery by lawyer
Date of application: 20/10/2014
Date application received: 21/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 05/11/2014
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 13/11/2014 dated 05/11/2014
Date approval received: 05/02/2015 dated 30/01/2015 :D
Date of ceremony: TBC

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:57 am

I applied on the exact same day as you, also EU without PR. You give me hope! Congrats. :)

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:21 pm

One more... from May.
amk_amk wrote:
Julian11 wrote:
amk_amk wrote:Hi Everyone,
Finally my and 2 kids approval has arrived. Waiting is over, maybe not completely as ceremony takes place in 3 months time, but still happy I am through.
Wish everyone patience and luck.

My details as follows:

Eligibility criteria: EEA - 6 years of continuous work ( Application adult-AN+ 2children- MN1)
Language criteria met: B1 language test by Trinity College London and Life in UK test
Current nationality: polish
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Rutherglen
Date of application: 06/5/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/05/2014
Date of acknowledgement: received 14/05/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21/05/2014
Date approval received: 02.02.2015 dated 28.01.2015
Date of ceremony: 22.04.2015
Congrats - did you have PR? :)
PR status has been achieved after 5 years, never applied for the PR though. Went straight to naturalisation.

Storm_b_ringer
Newly Registered

Post by Storm_b_ringer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:01 pm

I applied for BC without PR. It tooks 8 months for the HO to write back. They have requested alternative evidence of residence, which I am in the process of providing.

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Sounds promising - usually such requests mean they were about to approve you but just need that one last thing!

Storm_b_ringer
Newly Registered

Post by Storm_b_ringer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:55 pm

Julian11 wrote:Sounds promising - usually such requests mean they were about to approve you but just need that one last thing!
I hope so. I've read so many conflicting messages here. Sometimes it seems like a lottery. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks!

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Some good news after all - congratulations and my best wishes to all those of you who have finally got the famous brown envelope!

I had my big day today, in Hatfield, and am as of this afternoon officially a British Citizen. It is a bit of an anti-climax. I thought I'd go to bed yesterday with my German accent and wake up with a cut glass British accent. Didn't happen ...

Just another remark, all these 3-6 months letters that are going out now are just an example of the HO's failure to deal with things properly. It is sad to see that we have sunk that deep. Additional checks ... that's all just a load of b/s.

To all of you who are still waiting, don't lose hope, it's annoying, but eventually, assuming all the documents are correct, the approval will arrive. Who knows, you may be some of the first ones to swear your allegiance to the King ...

Chin up and Hugs! It's worth it.

Kate :lol: :lol:
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein