ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen living abroad wants to move back with husban

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali0123
Newly Registered

British Citizen living abroad wants to move back with husban

Post by ali0123 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:37 pm

Hi,
One of my friend who is Pakistani citizen living in Iraq with his British wife. They are married for 5 years and have a British son. They want to move back to UK due to the circumstances in Iraq now. Whats the best way of doing this please. Does wife have to come back to UK, work for 6 months and then apply for Visa ? Or she can sponsor him on the basis of their savings ?

Any input from experts will be highly appreciated.
Kind Regards

Rayking

Re: British Citizen living abroad wants to move back with hu

Post by Rayking » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:04 am

She can do it either way.

ali0123
Newly Registered

Post by ali0123 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:06 am

Thank you for your reply. How much saving she has to show ? Does it have to in account for long time ?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:41 am

ali0123 wrote:Thank you for your reply. How much saving she has to show ? Does it have to in account for long time ?
You'll need £62500 in you account or joint account and the money must have been in your account for 6 months.
You sponsor must also have a job offer before moving to uk in addition to the financial requirement.
You'll need to sort out accommodation as well and all these must be included in your application.
I want to believe you're aware of having proof of English language as well?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:57 am

If they have £62,500 in savings a job offer isn't required. If they have been earning the equivalent of £18,600 per annum in Iraq and the British sponsor has a confirmed job offer in the UK to start within 3 months of arrival, paying an annual salary of £18,600 this will meet the financial requirement.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Oh my bad! Sorry for misleading information.