ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA raided property where Long residence ILR holder lives t

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cool mind

UKBA raided property where Long residence ILR holder lives t

Post by cool mind » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello board,
One of my friend recently got ILR based on long residence and when he was on night duty the UKBA officers raided the property in search of EU national & non-EU national couple who about to marry. But in same big house they captured two illegal immigrants too as the whole house is sharing. UKBA officers cut the luggage of my friend too who has ILR and in his absence checked all of his documents too and messed up the whole of his items. When my friend came back from night work then he amazed and don't know what should he do?? His all papers and documents are scattered and messed but nothing has been taken. Now kindly tell me that what should he do because on warrant letter its only written the name of those two illegals immigrants in the column of items/materials seized. So guys what should my friend do and does he in danger too??

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UKBA raided property where Long residence ILR holder liv

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:05 pm

Keep better company?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:28 pm

Of course but its just sharing accommodation as everybody cannot afford to have his own home. But what you think the ILR holder friend should do as his only documents and rooms items were messed up but all of his documents are still there and on warrant list in the column of seized items/person only the name of those illegal migrant written. Can my friend who holds ILR be in danger or what should he do?

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:20 pm

cool mind wrote:Of course but its just sharing accommodation as everybody cannot afford to have his own home. But what you think the ILR holder friend should do as his only documents and rooms items were messed up but all of his documents are still there and on warrant list in the column of seized items/person only the name of those illegal migrant written. Can my friend who holds ILR be in danger or what should he do?
i don't think he should be worried about anything, is not that he is the one that owned the house and they didn't take anything that belong to him. Is not that they find him doing things that are illegal, so i don't know why he is worried.normally they will ransack the whole house as they need to find all the document that belong to those people.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:29 pm

No he does not owns house rather simply share the house with other tenants and few tenants have French nationality too except two illegals. But all he is worried that when he is on night job then why UKBA officers cut his luggage, checked all of documents such as ILR brp then left the things there while making all of them fully scattered & messed up? All seems that they just checked his immigration status then they left things and did not leave any message for him but only left a warrant letter with the note that items/material seized where they write the name of those illegals. Now in this light is my friend with ILR is safe and don't need to do anything as he is travelling abroad soon too??

iamnew

Post by iamnew » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:46 pm

cool mind wrote:No he does not owns house rather simply share the house with other tenants and few tenants have French nationality too except two illegals. But all he is worried that when he is on night job then why UKBA officers cut his luggage, checked all of documents such as ILR brp then left the things there while making all of them fully scattered & messed up? All seems that they just checked his immigration status then they left things and did not leave any message for him but only left a warrant letter with the note that items/material seized where they write the name of those illegals. Now in this light is my friend with ILR is safe and don't need to do anything as he is travelling abroad soon too??

I don't think he needs to worry at all if his passport, BRP or any other documents are not gone missing, the officers were simply doing their job. You are saying your friend holds ILR, so looks like his paperwork is fine. With ILR he never have to worry unless he used deception to get it and that information only he can tell. Travelling is not an issue provided he doesn't stay abroad for more than two years which he probably knows anyway

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:19 pm

He should not be worried because always such raid does not limited to one particular person rather indirectly for all of whoever exist there and usually they ask visas and if someone shows then they not ask anything from such particular person. But if someone not in home then usually they do same because they don't have much time but they checked and explore everything in property unless the person itself primarily shown them visa. I personally think they just did their job and found nothing wrong otherwise in warrant letter they definitely write something and left the message for that ILR holder. Warrant letter is like receipt or customer copy like a contractor give receipt of its type of service provided, so warrant letter is the sole indicator as what they did and planned primarily. Remember such things on road and stations can also be possible. If such inconvenience is mild and able to ignore then just he need to ignore otherwise can complain about it. Again repeating that if no documents has been seized/taken away and warrant letter does not indicate that then he just need to sleep & rest and ignore this.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

mustafa_DE
Newly Registered

Post by mustafa_DE » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:09 pm

don't worried

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:14 pm

I agree with hunter because warrant letter is like receipt/report highlight the title of job they planned and underneath they usually mention the items/person/material they seized. If they not took any of his documents and the same not mentioned in warrant report which they left then no worry at all.

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:34 pm

Out of curiosity, does that mean UKBA can come and raid my house too at any time of the day or night regardless of the fact that whether or not I solely own the house and only my close family member are occupants along with me, just because they got a tip off from some "so reliable" source!!

What are my rights in this situation? Even if they don't seize anything but doing the whole house upside down in search of papers is a messy job and of course... humiliating too.

I am just gob smacked on how these people will enter premises and "cut up" luggages, throw stuff all around the room and leave without even trying to put it back to where it was. This is just outrageous.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:17 pm

My friend is about to go on holidays and he bought precious gifts for relative which UKBA officer messed up too and damage the suitcase too. Is that their part of job? Noooooooo.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:35 pm

cool mind wrote:My friend is about to go on holidays and he bought precious gifts for relative which UKBA officer messed up too and damage the suitcase too. Is that their part of job? Noooooooo.
Its too harsh language u r using in public forum.

Better to keep your violent thinking away from this forum.

Gurus and moderators take notice of this.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Zee ali wrote:
cool mind wrote:My friend is about to go on holidays and he bought precious gifts for relative which UKBA officer messed up too and damage the suitcase too. Is that their part of job? Noooooooo. They act like stealer/robber and these arrogant officers should be hanged in front of public or burn alive who for no reason disturb innocents :evil: :oops: :twisted:
Its too harsh language u r using in public forum.

Better to keep your violent thinking away from this forum.

Gurus and moderators take notice of this.
Just shut up and mind your own business and keep busy in advising about FLR (FP).
Gurus and moderators are already doing fantastic work.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:58 pm

As much as i detest what they did to your friend, I will not tolerate any use of violent language or advocacy for lynching or murder or any violent conduct.

The forum will run into disrepute if such conduct is allowed. I am therefore editing that part of your comment.

Please try to act in a courteous manner to other members.

Notwithstanding the fact we may not know each other personally, we must try and deal with others as we will like others to act towards us.

I how we will not need to have this discussion again coolmind.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:05 am

cool mind wrote:My friend is about to go on holidays and he bought precious gifts for relative which UKBA officer messed up too and damage the suitcase too. Is that their part of job? Noooooooo. They act like stealer/robber and these arrogant officers should be hanged in front of public or burn alive who for no reason disturb innocents :evil: :oops: :twisted:
Really? Theres is no hope for you if you think that, that is sick, sick beyond belief...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:16 am

Wanderer i have addressed the issue, there is absolutely no need to fan the flame.

Please we all have duty and responsibility to ensure the smooth running of the forum.

I hope you are mindful of this .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:30 am

Thanks Obie for advise. My mind for few seconds got boiled from cold to hot when it came again in my mind that how inhumanely they cut luggage, damage suitcase filled with gifts demonstrating the room like sunken titanic. I will always be cool mind, it won't happen again :)

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:41 am

Obie wrote:As much as i detest what they did to your friend, I will not tolerate any use of violent language or advocacy for lynching or murder or any violent conduct.

The forum will run into disrepute if such conduct is allowed. I am therefore editing that part of your comment.

Please try to act in a courteous manner to other members.

Notwithstanding the fact we may not know each other personally, we must try and deal with others as we will like other to act towards us.

I how we will not need to have this discussion again coolmind.
Thanks Obie
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided