ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Ex Stop New Partner's Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Can Ex Stop New Partner's Visa

Post by MovingOn » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi there,

I am hoping for a little reassurance.

I am going through divorce and have met a man from non EEA Country that I am hoping will be able to come and visit me, we have been in a relationship for just over 1 year.

My soon to be ex found a draft letter I had written the immigration to sponsor my new partner, which hasn't been sent yet. We are still finalising financial details of the divorce and he is very bitter and jealous. He told my adult daughter and parents that he has written to the immigration office to get his visa stopped. Now I am pretty sure he can't do this, but I thought I would ask your helpful people. The letter I wrote (which he copied without my knowledge) only had my partners name, no DOB, or passort number. Am I correct in thinking it is all hot air and especially as there is no visa application the immigration office won't know what he is talking about.

He also told my parernts he has spoken to the police here in England, God knows what he has told them and I fail to see what they could do - he probably told them I have been sending him money before the divorce is finalised (we are separated) :(

Many thanks

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Re: Can Ex Stop New Partner's Visa

Post by MovingOn » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:40 pm

Can anybody help please?

He has also said that he has been to the Police and they will stop him entering the Uk, which I am also fairly sure cannot be true.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:58 pm

He has no power to prevent your current partner applying for a visa or entering the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Post by MovingOn » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:00 pm

Thank you, thank you Casa :D :D

I did think so, but you know you always have that little doubt.

Thank you for taking the time to reply

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:14 pm

You're welcome. The only additional advice I would give you is to ensure your partner shows strong reasons to return to his home country without overstaying the visitor visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Post by MovingOn » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:23 pm

Yes thanks, we are deciding whether Student visa to Study English would be best. I believe this would have to be Student Visitor visa as Tier 4 are only availble to degrees - which is a shame as he won't be able to work on Student Visitor Visa; but this would enable us to live together before taking our relationship to the next stage.

Thanks again