ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 ILR and dependant application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Senonthachil
United Kingdom

T1 ILR and dependant application

Post by Senonthachil » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:13 pm

Hello All

I have my T1 gen visa starting from May 1st 2010 and got my first extention on time expires may 1st 2015.
I got married last year and my wife came to UK on 1st August 2014 on T1 dependant and her visa expires may 1st 2015.

3 question I have for which i am expecting your expert advice as the rules look quite confusing to me.

1. Since i came to UK by 22nd May, should i be eligible to apply for ILR by April 1st or need I wait till April 22nd. I assume going through the forum I can from April 1st, but just double checking.
2. Days away from the country, including vacations/business trips needs to be specified and the current rules is, i should not be away from UK 180 days in any calendar year (jan - dec) OR any one year period (x - y) OR any year in the last 5 years from the application date (1 april 2014 - 1 april 2015 and 1 april 2013 - 1 april 2013.. etc if I am applying on 1st april)
3. Since my wife do not qualify for ILR with me as she applied last year only, should she apply for a PBS extension with me when i apply for ILR in the same PEO application or should she wait for my ILR application and apply for ILR dependant after my application or is there any other way

Any pointers will be great, thank you very much
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Board helped me all the way to make my appication on 19th March 2010 and living in Uk since then!

sagareva
BANNED

Re: T1 ILR and dependant application

Post by sagareva » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:33 am

Senonthachil wrote:Hello All

I have my T1 gen visa starting from May 1st 2010 and got my first extention on time expires may 1st 2015.
I got married last year and my wife came to UK on 1st August 2014 on T1 dependant and her visa expires may 1st 2015.

3 question I have for which i am expecting your expert advice as the rules look quite confusing to me.

1. Since i came to UK by 22nd May, should i be eligible to apply for ILR by April 1st or need I wait till April 22nd. I assume going through the forum I can from April 1st, but just double checking.
2. Days away from the country, including vacations/business trips needs to be specified and the current rules is, i should not be away from UK 180 days in any calendar year (jan - dec) OR any one year period (x - y) OR any year in the last 5 years from the application date (1 april 2014 - 1 april 2015 and 1 april 2013 - 1 april 2013.. etc if I am applying on 1st april)
3. Since my wife do not qualify for ILR with me as she applied last year only, should she apply for a PBS extension with me when i apply for ILR in the same PEO application or should she wait for my ILR application and apply for ILR dependant after my application or is there any other way

Any pointers will be great, thank you very much
1. You can apply from the 4th of April (28 days before 1st of May) provided you entered the country originally within 90 days of 1st of May 2010

2. Your wife will be applying to extend leave as a PBS dependant, she can apply at the same time or at any time later until 1st of may obviously so she would have no break in status. Even if you do get ILR first she should apply as a PBS dependant .

3. 180 days are counted in each 12-month period counting backwards from the date of application. So if applying on 1st of May, each 12-month period runs may to april of each year, going back 5 years
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

Senonthachil
United Kingdom

Post by Senonthachil » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:06 pm

thank you very much for your response.

On the PBS dependant application bit, when I try to book a PEO appointment (trying to figure out the booking process, though its early for me, as April dates are not yet released) I get the total fee calculated for SET(O) and dependant as £2986, but I understand the PBS dependant (T1) should be close to £2k.

Can I still use the same appointment for the application or should it be different for my ILR and her PBS T1 dependant application?
If thats the case is the apponitment booking different to include PBS dependant in the SET(O) application?

Thanks in advance!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Board helped me all the way to make my appication on 19th March 2010 and living in Uk since then!

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:15 pm

i am afraid you need separate appointments

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi Senonthachil,

First of all, apologies for barging into your thread.

Iam in the same boat as you are and Iam due to apply for ILR in July this year and my wife came here last year as Tier 1 dependent.

Could you tell me whats the amount of funds I should show for the last 90 day period for me as an ILR applicant and my wife as PBS dependent?? Also how much are the costs for the same day appointment for both of us??

And do you know how long the dependent visa is given for?

PS: Some of the answers given for your questions have already gave me some insight. For that, I would like to thank sagareva.

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:10 pm

any help would be appreciated.

Senonthachil
United Kingdom

Post by Senonthachil » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Chase53 wrote:any help would be appreciated.
I still haven't found all the requirements and settings yet, you might start by keeping minimum of 3k in your acc to be safe anyway.

i will inform you once i gather all that i need to know

Senonthachil
United Kingdom

Post by Senonthachil » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:27 am

Chase53 wrote:Hi Senonthachil,

First of all, apologies for barging into your thread.

Iam in the same boat as you are and Iam due to apply for ILR in July this year and my wife came here last year as Tier 1 dependent.

Could you tell me whats the amount of funds I should show for the last 90 day period for me as an ILR applicant and my wife as PBS dependent?? Also how much are the costs for the same day appointment for both of us??

And do you know how long the dependent visa is given for?

PS: Some of the answers given for your questions have already gave me some insight. For that, I would like to thank sagareva.
Hello Chase53, after reading a lot of info here and ukba guidance i decided to apply for T1 PBS dependant application for my wife after i get the BRP card.

So far i know the documents are as follows.
1. Dependant's passport
2. maintenance fund - bank statements for 90 days, in main applicant's name with No objection letter
3. Main applicant's brp/passport copies
4. Marriage certificate
5. Main applicant's employment letter
6. At least 2 Address proof in dependant's name from the following
a. Driving license
b. Bank statement
c. Payslip showing address
d. Tenancy agreement
7. Main applicant's Payslips (12 months from my ILR application)
8. Main applicant's Bank statements (12 months from my ILR application)
9. Main applicant's P60
10. Application form
11. Photos
12. Payment sheet (premium appointment)

It may be too much of documentation that i am carrying, but better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully i haven't missed anything

pmnagendra123

Post by pmnagendra123 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:25 am

Hi Senonthachil,

Did you apply for your wife already? how did the application go? I am in the same boat except my wife received her ILR and I am extending as PBS dependent as I still don't qualify for ILR due to 5 year residency clause.

Cheers

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi,

I got a PEO appointment for my Dependent this Saturday for Tier 1 (General) Dependent extension after i got my ILR approved 10 days ago. Could you please confirm whether the following supporting documents are enough for this (Please note that this is her first in-country dependent application after her entry clearance application in the same category in INDIA in 2014),

Dependent's documents:
1. Appointment confirmation & Payment sheets
2. Covering letter
3. Application form & Photographs
4. Original Passport
5. Maintenance funds from a Joint savings account for the last 90 days
6. (Provisional) Driving licence, Individual current account bank statement and NHS registration medical card for address proofs
(We are in a shared accommodation and all the bills are being looked after by my Landlord, So no Council Tax/Utility bills on our names... Please advice an alternative if it is going to be a problem)
7. Original Marriage certificate
8. Health Surcharge payment confirmation letter

Main Applicant's documents:
1. Self attested copies of My Passport and BRP card
2. Sponsorship letter (not sure this is required or not)
2. 6 months payslips (not sure these are required or not)
3. Corresponding 6 months personal bank statements (not sure these are required or not)

Please confirm whether the above documents are enough or not and please advice if i'm missing anything that is mandatory.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards
k_tier1

pmnagendra123

Post by pmnagendra123 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:04 am

You need to show main Applicants passport and BRP (original) not copies. They will not accept copies. They need to check the BRP and passport original only. Sounds strange but I faced this last week and luckily I had them with me so I could show.
Show Council Tax Bill and any utility bill(water,gas,electric) if both your names reflect on it.

Your other docs are fine - payslips, employer letter are a must to show that you have a job and can support your dependant.

k_tier1 wrote:Hi,

I got a PEO appointment for my Dependent this Saturday for Tier 1 (General) Dependent extension after i got my ILR approved 10 days ago. Could you please confirm whether the following supporting documents are enough for this (Please note that this is her first in-country dependent application after her entry clearance application in the same category in INDIA in 2014),

Dependent's documents:
1. Appointment confirmation & Payment sheets
2. Covering letter
3. Application form & Photographs
4. Original Passport
5. Maintenance funds from a Joint savings account for the last 90 days
6. (Provisional) Driving licence, Individual current account bank statement and NHS registration medical card for address proofs
(We are in a shared accommodation and all the bills are being looked after by my Landlord, So no Council Tax/Utility bills on our names... Please advice an alternative if it is going to be a problem)
7. Original Marriage certificate
8. Health Surcharge payment confirmation letter

Main Applicant's documents:
1. Self attested copies of My Passport and BRP card
2. Sponsorship letter (not sure this is required or not)
2. 6 months payslips (not sure these are required or not)
3. Corresponding 6 months personal bank statements (not sure these are required or not)

Please confirm whether the above documents are enough or not and please advice if i'm missing anything that is mandatory.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards
k_tier1