ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ab112

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by ab112 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Faz1985ashraf wrote:Guys there seems to be a lot of hostility towards others due to conflicting information. Please try to relax... Firstly always check the help anyone is giving U... Always confirm things before doing.

Like I said prepare and do your research first. The girl who is shouting at everyone. You still have time you should not panic you can always reschedule your appointment. You have started requested help after submitting online. In hindsight you should ask all the questions before but don't worry we have all been there.

I find it hard that everyone is convinced that the 28 day rule is tied to the date is online submission... Think about it, the online application discusses only the applicant and the people connected to the applicate, parents and spouce and sponsor. It never asks you about financials. These questions are only answered on paper therefore they will only know about this info after you hand documents in! I think it's clear to see that your documents must be most upto date when you hand them in because you can book and pay online 2 or so months on advanced if I remmber clearly... And obviously financial situation can change in a month or 2 so they want you to prove everything is spot on right upto of he date they start looking at your application.

Anyways believe what you want most of the visa application is common sence once you get your head around all th requirements. If you think im talking nonsense it's not my issue all that info I provided got my wife the visa, so I don't see how I'm wrong.

Thanks a good luck
Sorry if this is a stupid question but this is my first time applying. Did you say you can pay online at www.gov.uk a month or two before handing to gerrys? I am about to post my documents to my wife.
Can I pay for her application now and wait for it to get to her by post, then she would ring gerry's to book appointment? I thought you make the appointment for geyy's while paying online!
Also how much notice do you have to give gerry's to book an appointment (ie how much in advance do you have to ring)? I worry because there may not be appointments available and we miss 28 days! its been 10 days already!
Sorry if my questions sound stupid but as I said its my first time and most people I know applied years ago when rules were different!

H4mid
Newly Registered

Post by H4mid » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Assalam-O-Alaikum ! I hope and pray everyone is well and in good health. I just joined the forum after going through a few pages and I think it's the best place to help each other. Such a great feeling to see everyone is extremely helpful and share their good or bad news with others.. simply a great community.

Congrats to all those who got their visa's already and my best wishes & prayers with those who are still under process or refused. Being patient is the hardest part but we must keep faith in Allah and pray to get through this test without suffering so much..

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:28 pm

izainab5 wrote:
tallojani wrote:
December13 wrote:Can anyone help me please? If my payslip is dated 17th October and online application was submitted on 18th November, am I within the 28 day ruling? One user mentioned one calender month which has me slightly confused.
from 17 oct to 18 nov 2014 its more than 28 days so yu are out of 28 day rule, dont panic your payslip is only out by a couple of days eco might give consession to yu. If Allah swt wills yu will get, keep praying and in sha Allah yu will get the visa.
its 3 days over 28 days rule . mine were 4 days older than 28 days and i got refused just because of this reason . this reason is the most common reason of refusal at them moment and i m afraid they are really strict abt it . I hope u dnt go thru this pain tho .

Hi ,

So did you get refused because your last pay slip was more than 28 days of your online application or the date you made the appointment for submitting papers?

Please confirm.

Thanks
Visa Granted Shukar Alhamdulillah :)

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Has any one applied with a tenancy agreement for a seperate accommodation (not a room in a house but a whole flat) without property inspection report? What was the outcome? Did you get rejected? Sorry to bring bad memories but I really need to know the answer to this.

What about safety part of the accommodation? Do I have top provide anything? Are they picky on this? I was going to send some photos of the flat.

Thanks

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:58 pm

ab112 wrote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but this is my first time applying. Did you say you can pay online at http://www.gov.uk a month or two before handing to gerrys? I am about to post my documents to my wife.
Can I pay for her application now and wait for it to get to her by post, then she would ring gerry's to book appointment? I thought you make the appointment for geyy's while paying online!
Also how much notice do you have to give gerry's to book an appointment (ie how much in advance do you have to ring)? I worry because there may not be appointments available and we miss 28 days! its been 10 days already!
Sorry if my questions sound stupid but as I said its my first time and most people I know applied years ago when rules were different!
Submit and pay the fee online, on the same website book an appoinment for a gerrys vac where yur spouse will submit the docs, when booking a date for the appointment remember to give yourself enough time for the docs to reach your spouse, dont surpass the 28 rule.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:01 pm

ab112 wrote:Has any one applied with a tenancy agreement for a seperate accommodation (not a room in a house but a whole flat) without property inspection report? What was the outcome? Did you get rejected? Sorry to bring bad memories but I really need to know the answer to this.

What about safety part of the accommodation? Do I have top provide anything? Are they picky on this? I was going to send some photos of the flat.

Thanks
if yu are concerned why dont yu get an inspection report done, this way yu would have covered the safety aspects too.

taimoorkiani41

Post by taimoorkiani41 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:42 pm

taimoorkiani41 wrote:
Helloooo

Wanted to ask has anybody applied for a spouse visa using ONLY savings and not working?
Do u know if you need to have the money in a savings account or will a normal current account be sufficient?

Are there any other conditions with this type of application?
Any kind of info will be appreciated :D

Hello

To apply only on savings you need to have the money in a SAVINGS account for 6 months and also make sure you can have the facility to withdraw the money anytime you want(but you shouldnt withdraw any money for it) to apply on savings(category D) you need to have £62,500.Male sure you explain in your cover letter where you got the money from(general savings,gift etc) in case of a gift you need the bank statement of the person who gifted you the money showing money leaving his account and going into your account and get a signed declararion from him aswell stating that the money is a gift and not a loan, best of luck.
Thanks, so if its just savings that you've put together then do u need to justify/prove that?
Also does it make a difference if you have the money in your account but during the 6 months you travel to Pakistan or wherever? You don't have to be in the country during the 6 months do u?

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:10 pm

tallojani wrote:
ab112 wrote:Has any one applied with a tenancy agreement for a seperate accommodation (not a room in a house but a whole flat) without property inspection report? What was the outcome? Did you get rejected? Sorry to bring bad memories but I really need to know the answer to this.

Thanks
if yu are concerned why dont yu get an inspection report done, this way yu would have covered the safety aspects too.
If I want to get property inspection it would take 2 weeks and one week for docs to get to my wife, I will miss the 28 days!

Did you supply property inspection? what about safety docs?
I want to know if it is definitely required for self contained flats.

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:14 pm

tallojani wrote:
ab112 wrote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but this is my first time applying. Did you say you can pay online at http://www.gov.uk a month or two before handing to gerrys? I am about to post my documents to my wife.
Submit and pay the fee online, on the same website book an appointment for a gerrys vac where yur spouse will submit the docs, when booking a date for the appointment remember to give yourself enough time for the docs to reach your spouse, dont surpass the 28 rule.
So i book the gerry's appointment at the time of making payment on www.gov.uk website (and no need to contact gerry's separately)?
If that is the case then i will wait for docs to get to my wife before making payment and booking appointment.

December..1ST

Post by December..1ST » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:21 pm

tallojani wrote:

Thanks
I sent them an email for escalation and got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.

With regards to your query, please be aware the processing time for a
settlement visa can take up to 24 weeks so we will not be Escalating this
application so early in the timescale thank you for your patience."

My husband applied 1st Dec Mirpur :/

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:24 pm

tallojani wrote:
ab112 wrote:
If I want to get property inspection it would take 2 weeks and one week for docs to get to my wife, I will miss the 28 days!

Yu will struggle to find an answer, if i was yu i would get an inspection done regardless of being self contained flat.
there is no such thing as safety docs, in my house inspection it stated house is safe according to some house safety clause/act.
yes yu could wait till the docs have reached yur spouse then submit the online application, would yur wife have access to computer to print the copy of the online application after submission? Which she would need to hand in at gerrys with the rest of the docs.

December..1ST

Post by December..1ST » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:35 pm

December..1ST wrote:
Kuzak wrote:
December..1ST wrote:
Kuzak yours has been concluded? When did you apply what date of Dec??
I applied on 3rd December 2014, it is in my signature. Once you contact them few times for Status Update, then they ask you to escalate, you can escalate yourself also by providing the information as a user already advised you.
I applied 1st dec so I have have an outcome now. Where u add the gwf number and then it says question u ask them to escalate there?

service.

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:45 pm

tallojani wrote:
tallojani wrote:
ab112 wrote:

Yu will struggle to find an answer, if i was yu i would get an inspection done regardless of being self contained flat.
there is no such thing as safety docs, in my house inspection it stated house is safe according to some house safety clause/act.
yes yu could wait till the docs have reached yur spouse then submit the online application, would yur wife have access to computer to print the copy of the online application after submission? Which she would need to hand in at gerrys with the rest of the docs.
Yeah she has access to computer. So you are saying my wife needs to print off some sort of proof of payment to take to gerrys? I am making the payment in uk, if so i can email her the confirmation or whatever i get after the payment.

H4mid
Newly Registered

Post by H4mid » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:04 am

I have a few questions if anybody could answer them please. I have applied for my wife's visa in January.. I provided all necessary documents but still there's something missing.

1: I did not provide any communication evidence other than money sent to Pakistan and any online gifts. (Which was quite frequent) however I did mention in forms that it's an arranged marriage, so communication thing is out of the picture right?

2: I provided 6 months pay slips with an employment letter clearly stating my income is well over the required amount. However, 3 of my pay slips are blank (weekly slips) (I didn't get paid as I was in Pakistan for that period on unpaid holidays to get married).

So do you think 3 blank pay slips is a problem? Even though I have an employment letter stating my actual annual wage?

I work in public sector, bus driver in London.

Thanks for all your help. May Allah SWT be with all of us..

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:57 am

H4mid wrote:I have a few questions if anybody could answer them please. I have applied for my wife's visa in January.. I provided all necessary documents but still there's something missing.

1: I did not provide any communication evidence other than money sent to Pakistan and any online gifts. (Which was quite frequent) however I did mention in forms that it's an arranged marriage, so communication thing is out of the picture right?

2: I provided 6 months pay slips with an employment letter clearly stating my income is well over the required amount. However, 3 of my pay slips are blank (weekly slips) (I didn't get paid as I was in Pakistan for that period on unpaid holidays to get married).

So do you think 3 blank pay slips is a problem? Even though I have an employment letter stating my actual annual wage?

Bro your communication will be a major problem. My friend was refused because he ONLY submitted Skype logs and she didn't wish him a happy birthday etc so they didn't believe communication was real...

There was an arranage marriage too.
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:35 am

Laiba1234 wrote:@AMB1 apparently i didn't meet the financial requirement. The eco clearly didn't know how to do his maths when calculating my finance. My solicitor has done the calculation for the eco. The eco also had mentioned that i did not submit a bank statement showing the previous payslip being paid into the account but still added the income from that payslip which doesn't really make sense because he just seems to contradict himself. Tbh it wasn't meant to be then again because if it was Allah's will it would of happened. But Inshallah if Allah wills this appeal will be successful just have to have faith and be patient.

@Khan2013 my husband received the refusal letter on the 14th Jan so hopefully we shall be sending the appeal in 1/2 days. When you sent of your appeal on the 5th Jan did you get any sort of notification to let you know its been received? Keep me updated with your appeal seen as though we are both in the same boat. I will let you know if i hear anything. Good Luck! I hope your appeal is successful Inshallah.
No I haven't received any confirmation by post yet but I rang them and e mailed them.They said the appeal has been received and registered. I think you should apply online, as it's more quicker than sending it by post.yeh will definitely update you about my appeal if there is any new development.
Inshallah we will get our visas Sis.My Allah give us patience.

taimoorkiani41

Post by taimoorkiani41 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:44 am

» Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:04 am

I have a few questions if anybody could answer them please. I have applied for my wife's visa in January.. I provided all necessary documents but still there's something missing.

Those blank wage slips will be a problem even if your employer has stated how much ur annual salary is. We had the same problem when applying, 2 of the payslips were significantly less than the rest due to unpaid leave for visits to pakistan (once for the actual wedding itself which was explained in the cover letter). We had letters from the employer stating the annual salary but it wasn't taken into consideration as the payslips are the proof and if there is any problem with that then you're screwed. I was told by a solicitor to work it out by adding together the gross salary stated on all 6 payslips, then divide by 6 and multiply by 12. If you get £18,600 or above you might be ok. Hope it works out for u.

roger354

Post by roger354 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:30 am

Asslamualaikum taimoor If i was you i would explain in my cover letter that the savings money is from my general savings from work, you don't need to be in the country, just money has to stay in your savings account for 6 months and the balance shouldnt go below £62,500 even for a single day, best of luck!
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

roger354

Post by roger354 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:34 am

H4mid wrote:I have a few questions if anybody could answer them please. I have applied for my wife's visa in January.. I provided all necessary documents but still there's something missing.

Hello h4mid even if its a arranged marriage you must ve communicated with your wife after you got married? So it can be a big problem if you didnt provide communication evidence as far as 3 payslips being blank you should ve got your employer to explain this in the employer letter, but if your payslips for 6 months has gross salary over £18,600 it shouldnt be a problem, best of luck!

December..1ST

Post by December..1ST » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:03 am

roger354 wrote:

Hello h4mid even if its a arranged marriage you must ve communicated with your wife after you got married? So it can be a big problem if you didnt provide communication evidence as far as 3 payslips being blank you should ve got your employer to explain this in the employer letter, but if your payslips for 6 months has gross salary over £18,600 it shouldnt be a problem, best of luck!

service.

Can someone help please....

izainab5
Newly Registered

Post by izainab5 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:47 am

[/quote]

Hi ,

So did you get refused because your last pay slip was more than 28 days of your online application or the date you made the appointment for submitting papers?

Please confirm.

Thanks[/quote]

when they assess any application , the first thing they look for is if any of the financial docs are older than 28 days cos if they are then they dont have to go thru the rest of application cos they got a valid reason to refuse application . we are only numbers for them not humans so to improve their application processing statistics they refuse people on these small errors without thinking once about asking for further docs or anything .
i know someone whose financial doc was only 29 days old and they refused him . All we can pray is they overlook this error .

December..1ST

Post by December..1ST » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:14 am

izainab5 wrote:

Hi ,

Please confirm.

Thanks[/quote]

when they assess any application , the first thing they look for is if any of the financial docs are older than 28 days cos if they are then they dont have to go thru the rest of application cos they got a valid reason to refuse application . we are only numbers for them not hum
ans so to improve their application processing statistics they refuse people on these small errors without thinking once about asking for further docs or anything .
i know someone whose financial doc was only 29 days old and they refused him . All we can pray is they overlook this error .[/quote]

Please can some tell me what this means im getting worried. Ppl are starting to hear dec and I applied 1st dec. I escalated my case and they replied we can't escalate as its too early we take upto 24 weeks!! :/

roger354

Post by roger354 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:41 am

December provide them escalation details again and write that you have applied n havent heard anything since 2 months,i applied 8th december and got my case escalated

December..1ST

Post by December..1ST » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:59 am

roger354 wrote:December provide them escalation details again and write that you have applied n havent heard anything since 2 months,i applied 8th december and got my case escalated
What did you get for your reply? It was sent to my husbands email at 2.52am Saturday night in p.k. they said too early to escalate takes 24 weeks! !!

roger354

Post by roger354 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:26 am

Pre assessment and online checks done was the reply i got, humawakas applied on 29 december n he got the same reply