ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Residence Card for Wife of EU national - quick question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gabrio
Newly Registered

New Residence Card for Wife of EU national - quick question

Post by gabrio » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:34 am

hi everyone, I have a rather simple question to ask:

I am EU National, Italian, working in UK. My wife is non-EU and she currently has her 5 years UK Residence. Fine. In 2016 her residence will expire as it is a 5 years one.

We cannot apply for PR as we were abroad for slightly over 6 months due to my work at some point so I'd like to apply for a new residence card for her, just ONE question:

Shall we wait that the current one expires or can I send a new application in, say beginning of 2016 (last time it took 3 months) and then they will apply a new 5 years one on her passport and void the other one?

There's no info on the official site for renewal but just either get a new one or apply for PR.

by the way this is the new link https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... d/overview and the PDF is now 120+ pages, last time it was 20+! they stepped up the game :)

Many thanks,
Gabrio

PrestonLancs

Re: New Residence Card for Wife of EU national - quick quest

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:38 pm

You can apply for a new one any time. NO need to wait till the current one expires. There is no renewal application as such. You just go through the same procedure as you did first time.

gabrio
Newly Registered

Re: New Residence Card for Wife of EU national - quick quest

Post by gabrio » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:39 pm

PrestonLancs wrote:You can apply for a new one any time. NO need to wait till the current one expires. There is no renewal application as such. You just go through the same procedure as you did first time.
cool, out of curiosity are they going to void the old one? or simply add a new one that will be valid from the end date of the other one?

thanks,
Gabrio