ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation needed for passport application, with PR card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DeepBlueUK
Newly Registered

Documentation needed for passport application, with PR card

Post by DeepBlueUK » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi everyone,

My query relates to the specific documents that have to be submitted for the citizenship application, after one has already obtained the permanent residency card. Since the PR card signifies that your documents have been checked for the first 5 years in the UK, does one need to resubmit them again with their citizenship application? Or, do they just submit the PR card, together with all the evidence relating to the final additional year (the year occurring between obtaining the PR card and submitting the application for a passport)?

Thanks for your help,

James

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Documentation needed for passport application, with PR c

Post by milan69 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:33 am

You have to submit PR, passport, AN form, English test, LIUK. You have to have been resident for the last 5 years and hold PR for one year.
I am sometimes wrong.

DeepBlueUK
Newly Registered

Post by DeepBlueUK » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi, many thanks for the response, however, it is still a bit unclear.

So, in terms of my evidence for employment & residency, i do not provide anything? No evidence for the 5 previous years (as I have the PR card), but also no evidence (for employment & residency) for the last 12 months?

Thanks in advance,

James

boloney

Post by boloney » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:50 pm

You could send bank statements for the final year to prove that you lived in the UK. I'm not sure what I have submitted with my application but it could been few tax assesments to show that I lived in the UK all that time. But you PR card would cover 5 years, so don't need to send that again.

zero1
Newly Registered

Post by zero1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:52 pm

You only need the documents that milan69 has said: application form, passport (preferably covering the 5 year period), proof of ILR, LIUK test, (English test / degree if applicable).

If they need anything else they will ask you.

They should be able to tell where you have been from your passport (though the system is not 100% reliable especially if you don't leave the UK by air / go through Ireland).

Naturalisation applications currently rely quite a bit on the applicants being honest.