ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Tier 2 from India Query when main applicant in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

absquery
Newly Registered

Dependent Tier 2 from India Query when main applicant in UK

Post by absquery » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi,

I have few queries , I'm in UK on Tier 2 general visa and Wife need to apply dependent VISA from India

1) Regarding maintenance part -
"Each dependant must have £630 available to them whether they apply with you or separately. This is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself.
You must have proof you have the money, and that it’s been in your bank account or your dependant’s bank account for at least 90 days before you or they apply."

1.1 )Can we show both 945 + 630 GBP equivalent in Indian Bank for last 90 days.

1.2) on the above only 1 Indian bank account statement showing 945 for me , and 1 Indian bank account statement of my wife showing 630 for Her
OR
single Indian bank account statement of mine showing 945+630 ... or may be of her showing 945+630?

This is because I have not yet completed 90 days in tier2 general in UK but have same balance in Indian bank accounts at this moment.

2) If she is working does it required NOC from current employer of hers ?
I have not seen this mentioned anywhere !

3) what set of documents are required for the application in this case --
Wife as Dependent Tier 2 when main application has reached UK (duration in UK is around roughly 2 months currently)

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent Tier 2 from India Query when main applicant in

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:49 pm

1. It can be single account or a combination of both. Do note that the total should not go below even for 1 day in the last 90 days before the application. Also, cross verify the exchange rate to convert the INR to GBP using oanda.com (official site used by home office). There's nothing wrong in having a bit more in the account.

2. Not a mandatory document. But, I've heard some applicants submitting it. Do some reading around, you may find those cases.

3. For the complete set of documents, please read the guidance document thoroughly. You will also find many successful dependent applicant cases in this forum which you can go through.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

absquery
Newly Registered

Post by absquery » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks for the reply !

Just one thing on maintenance -

If we show total of (945+630) in dependents\Wife's Indian bank account for 90 Days (not a joint account but account only in name of wife) - Is this fine ?? -- Considering the fact that I'm already in UK but no bank statements of UK here in this application (as around 2 months only have passed)

Thanks in advance.

Regards!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:05 pm

As you are already in the UK with T2 leave only Wife has to show maintenance, you don't. You could also ask your employer to certify maintenance for her in which case bank statements are not necessary.

absquery
Newly Registered

Post by absquery » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Thanks so only her bank statement will suffice (as I understood) no need for my bank statements for 90 days.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:04 pm

either your or her bank statement, or a combination of both, will do if it shows min. £630 held continuously for at least 3 months prior to her application