ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general - Job Promotion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashleyransoo

Tier 2 general - Job Promotion

Post by ashleyransoo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi,

I have a concern in such that my company has undergone major restructuring of employees and there is a good change of me getting moved into a more senior position.

If I do get promoted, I have a couple of questions as to how this might affect my status:

1. Am I allowed to be promoted with a more senior title? In which case do I need to inform the UKBA?
2. Do I need to go through RLMT again and terminate my current COS and get issued a new COS for the senior role?
3. I was previously granted pre April 2011, before the new rules come in place. Will I be considered under old rules if ever I'll have to apply for a new COS and will it still be under the unrestricted category as I'm supposed to be?

Many thanks in advance.

Looking forward to hear from the administrators.

Thanks,
Ashley.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 general - Job Promotion

Post by david1955 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:06 pm

ashleyransoo wrote:Hi,

I have a concern in such that my company has undergone major restructuring of employees and there is a good change of me getting moved into a more senior position.

If I do get promoted, I have a couple of questions as to how this might affect my status:

1. Am I allowed to be promoted with a more senior title? In which case do I need to inform the UKBA?
2. Do I need to go through RLMT again and terminate my current COS and get issued a new COS for the senior role?
3. I was previously granted pre April 2011, before the new rules come in place. Will I be considered under old rules if ever I'll have to apply for a new COS and will it still be under the unrestricted category as I'm supposed to be?

Many thanks in advance.

Looking forward to hear from the administrators.

Thanks,
Ashley.
you have to make a new application using unrestricted COS

john353

Post by john353 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Does your job change involve a change in SOC code? If not the following link has some info

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#662902

Hamidg
Newly Registered

Post by Hamidg » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:28 am

Hi Ashleyrabsoo,

I'm having the same issue and was just wondering what happened on your visa? did you need a new RLMT and a new visa? I'm getting promoted soon and will need to know this ASAP. Any update from those who had the same issue is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Hamid

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Hamidg wrote:Hi Ashleyrabsoo,

I'm having the same issue and was just wondering what happened on your visa? did you need a new RLMT and a new visa? I'm getting promoted soon and will need to know this ASAP. Any update from those who had the same issue is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Hamid
Yes if your COS / job function changes you will need to go through a new application with new COS and RMLT.