ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Promotion under Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MoAbdul
Newly Registered

Promotion under Tier 2

Post by MoAbdul » Sat May 03, 2014 3:41 pm

I were on a TIER 4 visa and got my MBA. I got a job and accordingly changed my visa to Tier 2 without a labour market test 16 months ago.
If I get a promotion to be the team leader, do I need to reapply for my visa?
Can my employer unfairly keep my salary as it is even after the promotion, because he knows that it is not easy finding another sponsored job?

If I found a new job with another employer, do they need to do a labour market test?

Thanks,

onlooker

Re: Promotion under Tier 2

Post by onlooker » Sat May 03, 2014 8:01 pm

I think you may or may not need a new visa because of your promotion, depending on your duties. Read official Tier 2 policy guidances. If you change jobs, a new RLMT will be necessary unless the role in the shortage occupation list. Regarding lowrt salaries, yes it does happen, but I think not on a massive scale.

Hamidg
Newly Registered

Re: Promotion under Tier 2

Post by Hamidg » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:29 am

Hi Moabdul,

I'm having the same issue and was just wondering what happened on your visa? did you need a new RLMT and a new visa? I'm getting promoted soon and will need to know this ASAP. Any update from those who had the same issue is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Hamid