ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

arrest and a warning and naturalisation, Please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waiz89k

arrest and a warning and naturalisation, Please help

Post by waiz89k » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi there
Gurus and experts please shed some light on the following matter. I am sorry in advance if I am posting in the wrong area.
I am a silient reader of this forum for a long time and I must say that It is very helpful and I appriciate the efforts and inputs of eveyone.

I got my ILR in Dec 2013 after completing my 5 years on tier 1 General. Now I have got some questions regarding my Naturalisation which are making me cofused.

Situation 1. not guilty/Innocent
I have got arrested in 2011 not sure about the month but most probably Nov/Dec 2011 because of some misunderstanding between me and my girlfreind (she is not good in understanding english) as we had a big argument and our neighbor called police and when police came and asked my girlfreind what happened then she said we had an argument and he pushed me so police straightaway arrested me and took me to the local custody centre without even knowing the full story, my girlfreind was shocked that how come they are arresting me as she never wanted that to happen but anyways they kept me there for one night and released me next morning after taking my statement on cameras without charging/caution/warning me as it was cleared to them as well that it was a total misunderstading.

Situation 2. not guilty/Innocent
Roughly 8/9 Months ago while I was driving I was stopped by the police for crossing the zebra line (long story) anyways It was not a serious matter so policeman obviously took my details as they always do that and told me that he is giving me a (not sure whether it was verbal or recorded) warning and be careful next time (no paperwork given). So no points at all just a warning. It wasnt a trrafic police (unmarked car).

My questions are

Situation 1: Arrest (not Guilty/Innocent)
a) when police arrest you, do they give you any caution before/after arrest or not? is that arrest involved any cautions?
b) is that arrest going to be on my CRB/PNC?
c) Do I need to mention these in my AN form as I was not charged?
d) I have not mentioned when I apllied for my ILR. If answer to question C is yes then would it effect on the naturalisation application that it was not mentioned in ILR?
e) Does Home office do CRB/PNC checks on each application?
d) If yes to E then HO would have done it on the time of ILR, which means this arrest is not on my CRB/PNC???

Situation 2: Warning
a) Is that warning will be on PNC?
b) Do I need to disclose that on form AN?
c) If NO to B and if HO finds out later as it may show on CRB/PNC then would it affect my application?

Please gurus and experts take some time out and give your expert openion as it is bit tricky and confused situation for me.
looking forward to hear from you soon.
Thanks in advance.

waiz89k

Re: arrest and a warning and naturalisation, Please help

Post by waiz89k » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:59 pm

any suggestion please???

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:33 pm

I am not an expert on this but I can suggest that you check what police holds against you.

https://www.gov.uk/copy-of-police-records
I am sometimes wrong.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:13 am

milan69 wrote:I am not an expert on this but I can suggest that you check what police holds against you.

https://www.gov.uk/copy-of-police-records
Thanks Milan69 for ur reply.

I have visited the police station where they held me and they told me that yes they have it on their local system as they keep record of all arrests regardless of outcome and they r not sure about PNC but they have confirmed that no action has been taken and case was closed there n then and I have not been given any warning/caution/charges at all. I did not ask whether it was NFA or Innocent.

And about the second situation which was a verbal warning even if it is on PNC do I realy need to disclose that or does it make any impact on the application if not disclosed?

apart from above 2 things I have nothing that worries me.

I was reading somewhere else that if it is an arrest only without any charges or conviction then there no need to disclose that.

I am bit worried about the verbal warning on the road, whether would it have any impact on the application if not disclosed as I am not even sure it was recorded or not and disclosing this if its not even required can delay the process of my application.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:03 am

Once again, I am not expert on this matter and I can not give you correct answer but it may be of help to know that HO certainly carries police checks.
I am sometimes wrong.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:10 pm

milan69 wrote:Once again, I am not expert on this matter and I can not give you correct answer but it may be of help to know that HO certainly carries police checks.
Thansk Milan69 once again for ur reply.

If HO is doing police checks on each application then it would have been done on the time of my ILR too, isnt it ??

If my arrest would come up on PNC still it wont make any difference as it is not a criminal conviction and I beleive I dont need to disclose it as long as its just an arrest following NFA'd/not guilty/Innocent and there is no question on form AN that have u ever been arrested?. AM I CORRECT? Please other experts advice me on that.

I am more concerned about road warning if I dont disclose it and it comes up on PNC would it effect my application or its not that significant as it was a petty matter and no action was taken by the police too.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:48 pm

any suggestions will be much appreciated....

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Experts can tell you better, but here is my take:

ILR is a visa whereas Citizenship is a privilege so for ILR you have to meet different conditions and need not be supporting terrorists acts etc. But for Citizenship what matters most is your character, so they will definitely do Police Checks during Citizenship for sure, they might do Police Checks during ILR (still a visa, not Citizenship) but its up to them.

So I'd check with Police Station if you have a criminal record of any kind, if they say yes then I'd wait for 3 years.
More reading can be found in this thread which is a recommended read.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

benson147
Newly Registered

Post by benson147 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:44 pm

waiz89k wrote:Hi there
Gurus and experts please shed some light on the following matter. I am sorry in advance if I am posting in the wrong area.
I am a silient reader of this forum for a long time and I must say that It is very helpful and I appriciate the efforts and inputs of eveyone.

I got my ILR in Dec 2013 after completing my 5 years on tier 1 General. Now I have got some questions regarding my Naturalisation which are making me cofused.

Situation 1. not guilty/Innocent
I have got arrested in 2011 not sure about the month but most probably Nov/Dec 2011 because of some misunderstanding between me and my girlfreind (she is not good in understanding english) as we had a big argument and our neighbor called police and when police came and asked my girlfreind what happened then she said we had an argument and he pushed me so police straightaway arrested me and took me to the local custody centre without even knowing the full story, my girlfreind was shocked that how come they are arresting me as she never wanted that to happen but anyways they kept me there for one night and released me next morning after taking my statement on cameras without charging/caution/warning me as it was cleared to them as well that it was a total misunderstading.

Situation 2. not guilty/Innocent
Roughly 8/9 Months ago while I was driving I was stopped by the police for crossing the zebra line (long story) anyways It was not a serious matter so policeman obviously took my details as they always do that and told me that he is giving me a (not sure whether it was verbal or recorded) warning and be careful next time (no paperwork given). So no points at all just a warning. It wasnt a trrafic police (unmarked car).

My questions are

Situation 1: Arrest (not Guilty/Innocent)
a) when police arrest you, do they give you any caution before/after arrest or not? is that arrest involved any cautions?
b) is that arrest going to be on my CRB/PNC?
c) Do I need to mention these in my AN form as I was not charged?
d) I have not mentioned when I apllied for my ILR. If answer to question C is yes then would it effect on the naturalisation application that it was not mentioned in ILR?
e) Does Home office do CRB/PNC checks on each application?
d) If yes to E then HO would have done it on the time of ILR, which means this arrest is not on my CRB/PNC???

Situation 2: Warning
a) Is that warning will be on PNC?
b) Do I need to disclose that on form AN?
c) If NO to B and if HO finds out later as it may show on CRB/PNC then would it affect my application?

Please gurus and experts take some time out and give your expert openion as it is bit tricky and confused situation for me.
looking forward to hear from you soon.
Thanks in advance.

Hi mate, well so long as you did not get charge,given caution, or taking to court then you do not need to declare anything, hence why on the form it does not ask you to say if you were arrested or not, it ask if you have been charged,taking to court of anything, or caution or have pending court case and if you have been convicted for something, someone called the police on me by mistake and i was arrested, before i applied i contacted the police hq to request what record they hold on file about me and the response i got was that i have been arrested but no further action was taken and case was dispose as no further action is required, its not a crime to be arrested lol, it is a crime to commit an offence, so if you were not charged then all you police record will say is arrested but no further action, case closed or disposed, if you are in doubt you can request the police hq to see what record is held on the police national database of you to be sure.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:31 am

Thanks benson147 and fwd079

I do not have any criminal conivctions at all and that is for sure.

yes It is for sure that I was not charged, no conviction, no caution and no warning and I have confirmed it from the police station too where I was held. So it was only an arrest and as benson147 rightly said that arrest is not a crime.

can anyone please shed a light on second issue which is a warning on the road. can it effect my application if not disclosed??

ganesh123
Newly Registered

Post by ganesh123 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:31 am

I am quite sure this does not need to be disclosed... A verbal warning is just that- a verbal warning..

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:24 pm

I am sometimes wrong.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:44 pm

ganesh123 wrote:I am quite sure this does not need to be disclosed... A verbal warning is just that- a verbal warning..
THanks Ganesh123

I think so too but if lets say this warning is been recorded on the PNC and I dont disclose it, does it matter or effect my application, as I am not sure wehter its been recorded or not so I dont want to disclose it as it can linger the process if disclosed unnessecarily.

benson147
Newly Registered

Post by benson147 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:07 pm

waiz89k wrote:
ganesh123 wrote:I am quite sure this does not need to be disclosed... A verbal warning is just that- a verbal warning..
THanks Ganesh123

I think so too but if lets say this warning is been recorded on the PNC and I dont disclose it, does it matter or effect my application, as I am not sure wehter its been recorded or not so I dont want to disclose it as it can linger the process if disclosed unnessecarily.

I would advice you request information the police hold about you on the national data base, it should take about 2weeks to come through, but then you can see every record they hold on the system about you. its cost £15

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:02 am

Hi there

I have received a PNC report and it only has one record and it says that I was arrested in 2011 for common assault but NFA'd, so no criminal convictions, no warnings or no cautions at all. Just an arrest and No Further Action.

Does it need to be disclosed?

tinuola77
Newly Registered

Post by tinuola77 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:17 am

Hi

I will advice u to disclose everything that need to do with police/arrest because if HO find out on ur record they can use that against u, as you known there is no right of appeal so "prevention is better than cure" is better to declear it so that u can be on a safer side. That is my little advise for u. HO doesn't take little thing into consideration any more.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:25 am

waiz89k wrote:Hi there

I have received a PNC report and it only has one record and it says that I was arrested in 2011 for common assault but NFA'd, so no criminal convictions, no warnings or no cautions at all. Just an arrest and No Further Action.

Does it need to be disclosed?
No there is no need to disclose it.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:26 am

tinuola77 wrote:Hi

I will advice u to disclose everything that need to do with police/arrest because if HO find out on ur record they can use that against u, as you known there is no right of appeal so "prevention is better than cure" is better to declear it so that u can be on a safer side. That is my little advise for u. HO doesn't take little thing into consideration any more.
IMHO ..... absolutely unnecessary and basically asking for trouble.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:41 pm

So U guys think that i wont disclose it as it can cause unnecessary trouble. I think so too as on "form AN" there no question asked that have u ever been arrested? but what is ur take on the question 3.18 on form AN.

3.18 Have you ever engaged in any other activities which might indicate that you may not be considered a person of good character?

I personaly think that I have never been engaged in any activity which indicate that I may not be of good character as it was an arrest in result of misunderstanding and that is why the outcome was NFA'd. So i should not declare it.

What do u say on that?

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:54 pm

bump bump

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:08 pm

So U guys think that i wont disclose it as it can cause unnecessary trouble. I think so too as on "form AN" there no question asked that have u ever been arrested? but what is ur take on the question 3.18 on form AN.

3.18 Have you ever engaged in any other activities which might indicate that you may not be considered a person of good character?

I personaly think that I have never been engaged in any activity which indicates that I may not be of good character as it was an arrest in result of misunderstanding and that is why the outcome was NFA'd. So i should not declare it.

What do u say on that?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Have you Been arrested?
Have you been convicted?
I am sometimes wrong.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm

sorry by mistake I have started a new thread by u can go to the link below (old thread) and u will get to know my situation.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... t#p1146057
milan69 wrote:Have you Been arrested?
Have you been convicted?
yes I have been arrested in the result of misunderstanding and then released without any charge.

no conviction, no charges, no warnings, no cautions at all

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:39 pm

If you were arrested by mistake and there were no charges, no convictions or warnings then I think you are fine.
I am sometimes wrong.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:44 pm

A police warning will be considered in line with a non-custodial sentence for an out of court disposal. If no warnings or other out of court disposals then shouldn't be an issue. Unless you have a pending prosecution.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.