ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by newgirl123 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:48 pm

shareen24h wrote:
newgirl123 wrote:Hi everyone

I posted before that our appeal was adjourned and that we will get a new hearing date but it has been more than a month and we still have not received a new date.
Spoke to the solicitor and said that we just have to wait
is this normal?
what can we do?
Hi newgirl

I think your solicitors gave correct answer. I know some of them are waiting about 3/4 months for hearing date. But you might get a positive answer from HO before hearing, you never knows. Stay blessed.
Hey
we got a new date for May now
just more waiting now

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:56 pm

winners wrote:All Glory to God

My Appeal is allowed

Apply under 7 years rule and refused

Had my Hearing first week of January 2015

Am overstayers , children 9+,7+ and 4+ all born in UK

Thank you all
congratulations winner
we were supposed to have our hearing in the first week of January to but it got adjourned now we have hearing in may
I just wanted to ask what was the judge like?
What questions did they ask you?

Congratulations once again

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:47 am

Hi there

I am using this forum from a while. I found it extremely helpful. I have a situation, shouldn't be new to most of you guys.

I have got ILR last year. I have got 2 kids they are British nationals now. 5 and 3 years old. My Mrs came into this country 8-9 years back. But she does not have any status in this country.Now we decided to apply for her.

As she not been back to her country for long time. Can she go back and apply from there as i am earning more than £19000 per year.
Any suggestions in my case if she goes back , Merits & Demerits and any consequences which can effect on the applications. As my both kids just started school this year so i am looking to send her this summer to see her family and apply from there as well.Kids need to join back school in September again.
I believe if she will granted visa from back home . it would be 5 years instead of apply inside the UK discretionary basis 10 years route.
She stayed in this country illegally for such a long time , could this be a worst effect on the considerations for the application.

Does it make any difference if a person illegal entry or an over stayer?

I will highly appreciate for your expert advice and experiences.

Best Regards

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi guys

Can someone please tell me I applied for FLR FP is it 6 to 8 weeks from biometric done at PO date done biometric 9/12/14

My partner is still waiting for her outcome.

Has anyone else waited longer then 6 to 8 weeks.

We are still waiting

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:24 pm

Insomnia wrote:Hi there

I am using this forum from a while. I found it extremely helpful. I have a situation, shouldn't be new to most of you guys.

I have got ILR last year. I have got 2 kids they are British nationals now. 5 and 3 years old. My Mrs came into this country 8-9 years back. But she does not have any status in this country.Now we decided to apply for her.

As she not been back to her country for long time. Can she go back and apply from there as i am earning more than £19000 per year.
Any suggestions in my case if she goes back , Merits & Demerits and any consequences which can effect on the applications. As my both kids just started school this year so i am looking to send her this summer to see her family and apply from there as well.Kids need to join back school in September again.
I believe if she will granted visa from back home . it would be 5 years instead of apply inside the UK discretionary basis 10 years route.
She stayed in this country illegally for such a long time , could this be a worst effect on the considerations for the application.

Best Regards
Better to apply for her in conutry Flr fp application.

Best interest of child ( british kids and settled partner). Better to seek legal advice.

If u send her back, maybe she faces a 10 years ban.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

shanda84
Newly Registered

Post by shanda84 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Please I need some advice. I came into UK in October, 2009 on student visa, and have been renewing till last visa ended May 31, 2014. Since then, I have not made any application due to limited funds. My partner has legal status based on pending application on FLR O discretionary leave since Dec 10, 2014. He has not had any response since Biometric was done Dec 17, 2014.
Today, the home office came to our house and after interrogation served me IS96, took finger prints and photograph. They asked that my husband seek solicitor advice. We have a 5 year old child born in UK and has never left the country who is seeing speech therapist due to delayed speech. A copy of his birth certificate was also taken and he has never been included in any of our previous visa application. Am expected to report on Friday at immigration center (Myself Only).
Please what do I expect from the immigration center and What is the best option available to us now? Thanks In Advance.

babybabyluv
Newly Registered

Post by babybabyluv » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi, I think u need to see a solicitor ASAP. As for coming to the immigration centre,I think it's jst for u to sign on so they know where u are. They may have detained or arrested u had it not be for ur son or ur partners pending application. My situation is a bit similar to urs where as I am siging on pending my appeal hearing which I haven't received a date for yet. Been here 10yrs and appealing against removal (am an overstayer) have 2kids (4yrs and 2yrs). My 4yr old is also receiving speech therapy cos he's got speech delay and diagnosed with global developmental delay, and my partner has jst submitted an application to the HO(pending). God luck with ur case and seek. Solicitors advice.

babybabyluv
Newly Registered

Post by babybabyluv » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:08 pm

May I also say that I had previously submitted few applications that were refused, then served with removal notice which is appealable.

shanda84
Newly Registered

Post by shanda84 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:46 pm

Babybabyluv. Thanks for your response. Is it possible you recommend me any solicitor you are aware of. They advised I seek solicitor advice as well. Good luck with your appeal. Thanks.

babybabyluv
Newly Registered

Post by babybabyluv » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:46 pm

It depends on where u live I would suppose. The solicitor am using is with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. They have branches here in d Uk, the branch I use is in Luton, and she's very good(I think). Her number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Jst let them know u were referred because I recommended you. Hope it goes well.
Last edited by noajthan on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed name and number

shanda84
Newly Registered

Post by shanda84 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:00 am

Babybabyluv. Thanks for the information. If I may ask, How long have you been signing and when was your most recent application.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:48 am

Is new evidence or change of circumstance can be acceptable until the case reaches at First Tier Tribunal hearing?

My Mrs FLR (fp) was refused in December last year with appeal right which is under process.
I have ILR (LR) and we have British child as well.
N/A

babybabyluv
Newly Registered

Post by babybabyluv » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:31 am

shanda84 wrote:Babybabyluv. Thanks for the information. If I may ask, How long have you been signing and when was your most recent application.
I just started signing. It was my 2nd yesterday but my solicitor said I have nothing to worry about as I have a pending appeal hearing. I applid for the FLR in 2011,was refused in 2013 and I sent reconsideration later which was refused and then we asked for a JR which was also refused hence d appeal. I'm really trusting God on this.:)

shanda84
Newly Registered

Post by shanda84 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:30 pm

babybabyluv.

I just started signing. It was my 2nd yesterday but my solicitor said I have nothing to worry about as I have a pending appeal hearing. I applid for the FLR in 2011,was refused in 2013 and I sent reconsideration later which was refused and then we asked for a JR which was also refused hence d appeal. I'm really trusting God on this.:)[/quote]

You mean your FLRO took 2years before refusal?. I will be going for first signing this Friday. My partner is a medical doctor in the process of registering with General Medical Council and has a pending FLR O application, Now that am signing, I hope it won't affect his application based on my overstaying. He is confused right now.

God's time
Newly Registered

Post by God's time » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:41 pm

Hello forum family. Congrats to everyone that have been granted their visas.
And to those of us waiting, we pray for Gods' divine breakthrough.
Pls kindly open d link and read.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

God's time
Newly Registered

Post by God's time » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:43 pm

The above story can also be goggled or searched in yahoo.

babybabyluv
Newly Registered

Post by babybabyluv » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:40 pm

I read the news about the lady and her son, it's so sad that they took that against her. However the story I read on Yahoo news is quite different from this one. It says that she came in 2003 and claimed asylum some years after which was refused in 2008 and arrested the same year whilst working with fake documents and was convicted for 9months. After that she made another application which was refused and after then was set to be removed but it was delayed due to her suffering from some mental issues....

babybabyluv
Newly Registered

Post by babybabyluv » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:49 pm

@shanda84
I really don't know that much, I suggest u seek a professional'a advice. I don't think u have anything to worry about regarding signing on Friday though.

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Insomnia wrote:Hi there

Best Regards
Better to apply for her in conutry Flr fp application.

Best interest of child ( british kids and settled partner). Better to seek legal advice.

If u send her back, maybe she faces a 10 years ban.
Thanks for your reply. But i am still confuse why not send her back? She is not from my background so its hard for me to move over to her country and stay there. As my kids born here and started their schools now.I do not have many papers proof of her to stay together because of no bank account but personal references from friends and neighbours can get in good numbers.
I am afraid about my family being stuck there back home. On Human Rights ground they still can ban her?
For her some personal and family reasons i prefer to send her back for a while.
Please advice me further anyone what shall i do in this situation., I will appreciate.
Best Regards

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Zakir 1988 , please can you answer few of my questions.

when you recieved acknowledgment letter , after how long you received invitation to record biometric ?

or was biometric invitation came with same envelop as acknowledgment letter ?
zakir1988 wrote:Hello guys I have been following this thread carefully to cut to the point

My partner came to UK 2009 July with her mum and sister aged 16 as a visitor then her nan had a storke they all put in application for asylum got refused then made many applications then got refused they all went to court in September 2013 they where waiting for the decision.

All her family live in UK her nan, uncles aunty.

In 2012 I got married to her Islamic way her passport is with the HO when they made there first application they had to hand there passports over.

Few months later when she can back from court we found out the decision she got refused after then we received a latter saying where she currently lives we even provided them proof of marriage photos, wedding card with date on it etc.. Then we received another latter saying she needs to report to HO in london bridge every two weeks that what she's doing for the past two years then after doing some research and known a bit before we can't put in application if we have not lived together 2 year or more I didn't know what application we had to fill then I found out FLR FP was the right one for us.

We also have a daughter who is born here 6 months old now I'm a British citizen born here in UK London.
My partner age is now 22 her application was with her mum and sister after 18 she is a single applicant.

We made the application with a solicitor providing all the evidence needed my partner living with me I put her name on the house bill etc.. And also gave my work payslips I work part time.

Guys remember doing FLP FP you having to be living together 2 years or more and show proof living together.

After solicitor finished filling our FLR FP form he sent it date 27/11/14
Then received to do biometric 3/12/14 biometric done 9/12/14 at PO

we are still waiting outcome.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:06 am

ILR10YEARBASIS

I received both ackownledment letter with biometric needed to be done for my partner we applied FLR FP thru Solicitors.

We are waiting for outcome

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi Everyone
I am pleased to share a good news that appeal is allowed. Thanks everyone for wonderful support. My timeline is-

Applied for FLR(FP) - 25/07/2014
Acknowledgement dated - 30/07/2014
Biometric letter dated - 08/08/2014(received 20/08/2014)
Biometric done - 20/08/2014
Decision made - Refused on 30/09/2014 (received on 2/10/2014)
Appeal hearing on 19/01/2015
Appeal allowed dated on 6th Feb 2015

Me and my wife are allowed on human rights and my son is allowed under immigration rules.Just only one thing i need to know- end of the decision its written "No anonymity direction is made" what does it mean ? judge also did not wrote how long we will get visa.

winners

Post by winners » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:41 pm

Congratulations

Enjoy your hard earn freedom

It is the Home office will issue a visa if they didn't challenge the decision

Anonymity that no one can identify you and your family the court decision

Hope this helps
Last edited by winners on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:42 pm

Rubablu wrote:Hi Everyone
I am pleased to share a good news that appeal is allowed. Thanks everyone for wonderful support. My timeline is-

Me and my wife are allowed on human rights and my son is allowed under immigration rules.Just only one thing i need to know- end of the decision its written "No anonymity direction is made" what does it mean ? judge also did not wrote how long we will get visa.

Big congratulations to you and your family. I wish you all the best

No anonymity direction is made- you did not ask for your names including your son name not to be mentioned in fully in respect to the case. If you have seek for anonymity your names will only appear in pubic record as initials, however, this has notting to do with the judgement
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
Rubablu wrote:Hi Everyone

Big congratulations to you and your family. I wish you all the best

No anonymity direction is made- you did not ask for your names including your son name not to be mentioned in fully in respect to the case. If you have seek for anonymity your names will only appear in pubic record as initials, however, this has notting to do with the judgement
Hi Kukuwife
Thanks for your quick reply.