ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years Long residency continuous period start date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greypanda
Newly Registered

10 years Long residency continuous period start date

Post by greypanda » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:56 am

Dear All,

Could anyone please shed some light on the following.

When does the continuous residency period start when applying based on Long term (10 years) residency? Is it
28 days before the Entry Clearance Date OR 28 days before when you actually entered in the UK ?
My Student Entry Clearance Visa was issued 30-April-2005 and I entered in the UK on 28-May-2005.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 years Long residency continuous period start date

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:58 am

It starts from the date you ENTERED the UK, so in your case it is the 28th May 2005.

Provided you meet all the requirements, you can submit your applications no sooner than 28 days before 28th May 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

greypanda
Newly Registered

Post by greypanda » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:55 pm

CR001 wrote:It starts from the date you ENTERED the UK, so in your case it is the 28th May 2005.

Provided you meet all the requirements, you can submit your applications no sooner than 28 days before 28th May 2015.
@CR001 - Thank you for your reply

In some places like Page No. 22
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eriods.pdf
It mentions - "The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be
counted toward the qualifying period,as long as it does not exceed 90 days."

Do you believe this is only for 5 Years ILR applicants and not for long term ILR applicants ?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:27 pm

greypanda wrote:
CR001 wrote:It starts from the date you ENTERED the UK, so in your case it is the 28th May 2005.

@CR001 - Thank you for your reply

In some places like Page No. 22
It mentions - "The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be

Do you believe this is only for 5 Years ILR applicants and not for long term ILR applicants ?
The applicant must provide evidence, as above, for compelling or compassionate reasons
only.
For the Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) and highly skilled
migrant
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:31 pm

greypanda wrote:In some places like Page No. 22

That concession of 90 days in only applicable to ILR applications based on 5 years (PBS routes).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.