ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 applied after the start date on CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aruncea
Newly Registered

Tier 2 applied after the start date on CoS

Post by aruncea » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:19 am

Hello Team Members,

My name is Arunodaya. I have been offered a job in UK. For this, I have applied Tier 2 General visa.
I got my Certificate of sponsorship (CoS) on 14th Jan 2015 and applied online on 16th Jan 2015. The start date of my job is 2nd Feb.

However, while filling out the form, i realised late that I may need to translate many documents to English (I am a resident in France for 4.5 years, and most documents are in French). Taking this into account, I booked and attended my appointment for biometrics and submitting documents on 3rd Feb 2015, at Paris UK visa centre operated by Teleperformance. It was only done to gain time to get translations and nothing else.
Now, this means I have applied for my visa after the start date mentioned on my CoS.
I have discussed with the company and for them its not a problem to join late. But I am really worried if this is an issue for UKBA?? In principal, can someone apply for Tier 2 general visa after the start date indicated on CoS?? Please help. This question is keeping me awake for so long now...

Second thing i want to know is that I have a French residence Permit card, called Carte de sejour. Its in French. Does this also needs to be translated? Normally I never had to translate this for my other visas , for g USA and China.

Please help me
Thanks you friends

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Tier 2 applied after the start date on CoS

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:15 am

Don't stress about the start date. Get a letter from the company saying the start date will be dependent on the visa being granted and confirming they still want you.

Dont bother getting the ID card translated.

aruncea
Newly Registered

Post by aruncea » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:13 pm

Thank you so much Frontier Mole for your reply and advice.
But i have already submitted my docs during the biometric session. So even if i wish, i cant give them such a letter.
Do you think without this letter, there will be some issue?
Thanks again

aruncea
Newly Registered

Post by aruncea » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Don't stress about the start date. Get a letter from the company saying the start date will be dependent on the visa being granted and confirming they still want you.

Dont bother getting the ID card translated.
Thanks :)Thanks so much for your advice. But i have already attended my visa appointment and submitted my docs. So even if i wish, i cant give them this letter now. Do u think its an issue without this letter?

tier2_refused
Newly Registered

Post by tier2_refused » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:13 pm

you may be asked for that letter at immigration

aruncea
Newly Registered

Post by aruncea » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:31 pm

Thanks..I will ask the company to write me this letter.

I have a second worry. In the online application, I accidently wrote a wrong date of planned arrival in UK. I wrote it as 1st Feb. 2015 instead of 1st March 2015 (it seemed an issue with the drop down list). I had corrected it and signed it while submitting my documents infront of the lady who was taking my biometreics at the Paris centre.
However I later realised, there is another place where this information is also entered..its just before the section where sponsor's details are to be filled. I did not correct the start date in this section.
Do you think its an issue?

I also did not correct in the additional copy of the application form that was asked. Is this also an issue?
Thanks

shradhacea
Newly Registered

Post by shradhacea » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Hello all,

I am in same situation. I made changes to arrival date on first page, but not in the section where sponsor's informations are needed.

Secondly, I need a help with translations whose answer i found no where.
I am a resident in France for last 4.5 years. I have the residence permit, called here as titre de sejour, which is renewed each year.
Does this also needs to be translated for UK tier 2 general visa? I am a bit perplexed as I never translated this for my other , for eg USA.

Thank you in advanc for someone who can help me.

Shradha