ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ViniciusBr
Newly Registered

Moving to Ireland

Post by ViniciusBr » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Hello!

I am moving to Ireland with my wife, I am an EU citizen but my wife is not.

I searched the entire internet and I did not find any "EEA FAMILY PERMIT" for Ireland. I know about the STAMP 4 EUFAM, but this visa is granted AFTER she enters Ireland.

My concern is about the immigration at the airport. What do we need do provide to the local immigration officer? Do we need do apply in advance for any kind of family visa?

Thanks for your help!

ViniciusBr
Newly Registered

Re: Moving to Ireland

Post by ViniciusBr » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:32 am

Please some help...

Thanks!

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:53 am

Here is the type of visa she should apply for: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens

The visa is free of charge and fairly easy to obtain as long as you have a marriage certificate and are showing that you intend t go to Ireland together.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:56 am

Note that there is no need to apply for a visa if her passports allows her to visit Ireland visa-free as a tourist (US, Canada, Australia, Japan, Korea, etc ...).

benfares

Post by benfares » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:06 am

ViniciusBr wrote:Hello!

I searched the entire internet and I did not find any "EEA FAMILY PERMIT" for Ireland. I know about the STAMP 4 EUFAM, but this visa is granted AFTER she enters Ireland.

My concern is about the immigration at the airport. What do we need do provide to the local immigration officer? Do we need do apply in advance for any kind of family visa?

Thanks for your help!

Hi

I came last week to dublin . They will ask you so many questions in the airport ( normal questions).
They asked me marriage Certificate . It took me about 10 mins .
the big problem in dublin is finding a flat woooow.
im still lookong for a flat .. i tried dublin ... near dublin .. kildare...portloaise.... it is so hard

Good luck

ViniciusBr
Newly Registered

Post by ViniciusBr » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi, thanks for the responses.
jeupsy wrote:Note that there is no need to apply for a visa if her passports allows her to visit Ireland visa-free as a tourist (US, Canada, Australia, Japan, Korea, etc ...).
My wife was born in Brazil, as far as I know who is from Brazil don't need a visa.

My question now is: Does she need a return ticket? We are finding lower prices in one-way only tickets.

What I am reading on the internet is that we only need to provide our translated marriage certificate and nothing else, is that true? I can't find an official information about this.

benfares wrote:
ViniciusBr wrote:Hello!

Thanks for your help!

Hi

I came last week to dublin . They will ask you so many questions in the airport ( normal questions).
They asked me marriage Certificate . It took me about 10 mins .
the big problem in dublin is finding a flat woooow.
im still lookong for a flat .. i tried dublin ... near dublin .. kildare...portloaise.... it is so hard

Good luck
Can you share how was your experience? What did you show to the local immigration officer and what did he ask you?

Regarding your difficulties in finding a flat is because January, February and March are the worst months to move to Ireland, after march things will get better.

Thanks a lot.

benfares

Post by benfares » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi

They asked memarriage certificate .

After that they started asking me.

Reason of comming to Ierland , where im going to stay , how much do we have ( money) , and how can we stay in hotel for 90 days..we said we will try to find a flat...
in the end my wife goes to that woman we want to stay in ierland we have rights from Irish Gov after that the woman changed and gave me 90 days

Just be honest with them

ViniciusBr
Newly Registered

Post by ViniciusBr » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:57 pm

So you provided only the marriage certificate and nothing more?

Did you apply for any kind of entry visa for your wife?

Thanks again.

jimmy110
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy110 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:33 am

u can come to ireland with ur wife as brazilian dnt need visa but after entering ireland u hve to go to garda for registration so they will stamp her pasport and u can start ur process for residence card after that.