ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary & dividends - employed or self-employed?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mbhong1
Newly Registered

Salary & dividends - employed or self-employed?

Post by mbhong1 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for ILR from Tier 1 General. I have a limited company for which I'm a sole director & employee and earn salaries and dividends from it. I thought I was an employee, but just saw on an immigration adviser's website that I'd be considered self-employed for ILR purposes? Is that right...?

Also, I entered the UK on 13 Jan 2010. What's my 5 year continuous period? Is it from 12 Jan 2014 --> 13 Jan 2010?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind regards

Michelle

Malik44

Re: Salary & dividends - employed or self-employed?

Post by Malik44 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:52 am

mbhong1 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for ILR from Tier 1 General. I have a limited company for which I'm a sole director & employee and earn salaries and dividends from it. I thought I was an employee, but just saw on an immigration adviser's website that I'd be considered self-employed for ILR purposes? Is that right...?

Yes sole director of company considered self employed

Also, I entered the UK on 13 Jan 2010. What's my 5 year continuous period? Is it from 12 Jan 2014 --> 13 Jan 2010?

What is your visa stamp date ? If you enter within 90 days of stamping your visa then your visa stamp date will considered otherwise entry date to 5 years.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind regards

Michelle

stupidimmigrant

Re: Salary & dividends - employed or self-employed?

Post by stupidimmigrant » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Please check the difference for being self-employed and Limited company:

http://www.sjdaccountancy.com/informati ... ed-company