ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC received but relationship ended!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarianneBoullet
Newly Registered

RC received but relationship ended!

Post by MarianneBoullet » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:48 pm

I have an unusual case...Me and my boyfriend were together for 2 years, I'm Uruguaian(non visa national) and He's Italian. We got married in August, applied foe eea2 en september, I got the residence card in november. He broke up with me 3 weeks ago but said he won't cancel my visa as he wants to help me and being supportive, so we're staying married just not living in the same place anymore.. My question is....is this even possible? And what if I go on holidays abroad and the IO ask me about my husband? Do they usually ask??
Thanks!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: RC received but relationship ended!

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:32 pm

Under EU route you both are not bound to live together under same roof and you as a non-eu national will still be treated as the family member of EU national. It will be better if you could let aware about your holidays plan to your EU national partner so if the authorities at airport try to contact then he will already be aware of that. Moreover, as a routine matter they do ask about EU national partner's activities.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 pm

It would be worth to point out that I believe this would be classed as a marriage of convenience, given that the relationship broke down and the marriage is being kept just for immigration purposes.

MarianneBoullet
Newly Registered

Post by MarianneBoullet » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Yes, my main fear is that we'd look like a marriage of convenience. I know someone in the same position as me, with the difference their relationship has ended after3 years of marriage, and she told me they never asked her what her husband does..she said she doesnt take the european queue, I dont know if makes sense but according to her the IO from the european side are used to easy checkouts so when someone with an eea2 rc comes they feel like they should ask more things...
Just thinking what would happen if they decide to call my ex and he's in holidays or something..he travels quite a lot because of his work.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:50 am

Question they often ask me in the Airport: I'm separated from my ex wife for many years and i always travel to various european countries. I even used EEA residence card to travel without VISA and never had any issues

Where is your EEA family member ?
How did you get this residence card ?
where she from ?
what was your status before this card ?
where did you meet her?

but the most popular question they often ask : Where is your EEA family member ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

MarianneBoullet
Newly Registered

Post by MarianneBoullet » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Guess I'll have to keep a track on my ex... :(