ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residency Documents query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Harry438

Long Residency Documents query

Post by Harry438 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi All,

I have a query regarding my partner's ILR application, she has completed her 10 years in uk and is now applying for her ILR. she was on student visa for 9 years and 1.5 year as a tier 2 dependent under me. I have a question regarding documents - we are submitting her
- 2 x passports
-2x photographs
- life in uk test
- english language test
- set (LR) form
- biometric
- council tax bill

are those documents enough for her application or is there any more documents i still need to provide from my side ?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residency Documents query

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:09 pm

- 2 x passports - Yes, do they cover the FULL 10 year period and the passport she used to enter the UK?
-2x photographs - Yes
- life in uk test - Yes
- english language test - Yes, is this at Level B1 or UK degree?
- set (LR) form - Yes
- biometric - Yes - I am guessing you mean her BRP Card?
- council tax bill - Not required
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi,

financial documents like employer's letter, payslips, p60 or bank statements required for long residency ILR application ?

Normally, almost all kind of visa extensions required above documents. Though, one of my friend told me don't need these documents for Long Residency ILR... Is it true ???

Please let me know...

Thaks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:30 pm

financial documents like employer's letter, payslips, p60 or bank statements required for long residency ILR application ?
These are not required for Set(LR) applications, the form is quite clear on what is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi CR001,

- yes passport do cover full 10 years which includes her old and new passport.
- submitting her level B1 certificate
- BRP card showing tier 2 dependent

Also doe she need to provide any bank statements as my solicitor is saying that its compulsory that we need to submit her bank statements, but i have gone through the guidance and it doesn't mention anything about the bank statements, am i right in thinking that they are optional ?

And if we don't submit the bank statements will that effect her application.

Thanks again !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:54 am

- yes passport do cover full 10 years which includes her old and new passport.
- submitting her level B1 certificate
- BRP card showing tier 2 dependent
Nowhere on page 20 of the Set(LR) form does it say bank statements are compulsory. If you submit the passports covering 10 years, there is no other documents besides those you have already listed that need to be submitted. The application is based on long residence, not income or employment etc.

Additional documents like council tax etc is ONLY required when you DO NOT have all the passports, the form clearly states this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:47 am

Thanks CR001 for the prompt reply, have gone through the form and yes you are right the council taxt and otehr documents are only required if we dont have 10 continuous passport.

Another query i had while going through the form is, on page 22 should i ask her to sign as it says "I understand that you will check whether the information and supporting documentation that I have supplied to the Home Office from a bank or utility company is correct. ‘Correct’ means that documents are unaltered originals issued by the bank or utility company and that the information
on them is correct and applies to me or the person named as a customer on the document"

What do you suggest should i ask her to sign ?

Thanks !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:05 pm

But as I have said, there is no need to submit council tax or bank statement so no need for that to be signed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:51 pm

CR001 wrote:But as I have said, there is no need to submit council tax or bank statement so no need for that to be signed.

perfect thanks !

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:45 pm

CR001 wrote:But as I have said, there is no need to submit council tax or bank statement so no need for that to be signed.
HI CR001,

i have noticed that on page 27 it suggests the list of documents we need to provide while applying for ILR, do you think that we need to submit each and every document mentioned or is other way round.

sorry to bombard you with so many questions !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Please read page 22 properly. It clearly states that you need all passports, LIUK, English and BRP. If you DO NOT have ALL the passports, ONLY then do you need to submit all the other documents to prove your 10 years residency.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:59 pm

CR001 wrote:Please read page 22 properly. It clearly states that you need all passports, LIUK, English and BRP. If you DO NOT have ALL the passports, ONLY then do you need to submit all the other documents to prove your 10 years residency.
Got it, thanks !

12years

Post by 12years » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:33 am

Harry438 wrote:Thanks CR001 for the prompt reply, have gone through the form and yes you are right the council taxt and otehr documents are only required if we dont have 10 continuous passport.

Another query i had while going through the form is, on page 22 should i ask her to sign as it says "I understand that you will check whether the information and supporting documentation that I have supplied to the Home Office from a bank or utility company is correct. ‘Correct’ means that documents are unaltered originals issued by the bank or utility company and that the information
on them is correct and applies to me or the person named as a customer on the document"

Thanks !
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... n#p1089065

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:25 am

@12 years - thank you for pointing that out. It is confusing on the form, as most things with HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:47 am

12years wrote:
Harry438 wrote:Thanks CR001 for the prompt reply, have gone through the form and yes you are right the council taxt and otehr documents are only required if we dont have 10 continuous passport.

Thanks !
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... n#p1089065
@12 years : thanks for the info, we are submitting the utility bill and not the bank statements, will that be ok ? its just a bit worrying as some people are saying that we need to submit and some are suggesting there's no need for that. Do you think just because we don't submit the bank statements her application will get complicated ?

Thanks 1

12years

Post by 12years » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:02 pm

@ Harry438

The advice CR001 gave is spot on.

CR001 wrote: Please read page 22 properly. It clearly states that you need all passports, LIUK, English and BRP. If you DO NOT have ALL the passports, ONLY then do you need to submit all the other documents to prove your 10 years residency.

I personally did NOT submit either utility bills nor bank statements and it did not complicate my application.

But the choice at the end of the day is down to you. Go with your personal understanding of the application form and guidance which is quite clear.

Make sure you do complete, sign and date Section 5 even if you decide you are not submitting any bank statements or utility bills.