ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prospective marriage visa, i need help...please

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

loneranger
Newly Registered

Prospective marriage visa, i need help...please

Post by loneranger » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:15 pm

at first,Hi to everyone in this forum

i met with her on the net at january of 2007,she is from australia ,and she came here to meet with me in person at august,and she stayed in my country for a month..and now she turned back..since i have met with her on net,i have been chatting with her everyday and at least 2 hours..
as far as i understand,i think we should apply for prospective marriage visa??am i right?
i visited immigration official page,but i couldnt find an answer who should apply first?can she apply from there with the form she fills in? or i should apply first?
also what documents i need when i apply?

thanks a lot for your answer from now

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:50 pm

Your nationality and the country you will come from are important information.

Are you planning to get married?

In which country?

Also, is your girlfriend an Australian citizen?

the Admin

loneranger
Newly Registered

Post by loneranger » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:54 pm

well i am turkish and i am from turkey..yes we want to get married in Australia, and she is Australian citizen, she was born there...

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:21 am

Sorry. Our forum was down for a server problem.

A Fiancé(e) visa for Australia
http://www.workpermit.com/australia/partner_fiancee.htm

may be one of your quickest routes. You MUST get married within 9 months, at which time you will need to have applied for & switch over to a

Spouse visa
http://www.workpermit.com/australia/partner_spouse.htm

You need to apply for the Fiancé visa from outside of Australia, which has the advantage of not attempting to enter the country first.

You will apply from your country at the Australian embassy, with your Fiancé acting as your sponsor. She will need to demonstrate the ability to support you, unless you have a substantial and documented job offering OR you have substantial wealth to support yourself.

You will need to CLEARLY demonstrate a viable relationship, one that has some duration and can be shown that is serious.

Your criminal record needs to be quite clean. Not perfect, but any offenses should be very minor and it is even better if they were some time ago (5 or 10 years help a lot).

You will need to demonstrate a fairly high level of English language. Your post here indicates you should not have very serious problems with that, if any.

The next question: do you intend to relocate to & permanently live in Australia?

If so, now is a good time to begin planning for naturalization, which you'll be eligible for in two (? maybe 4?) years. I can't recall the exact time on that depending on work permits, skilled employment & family-based .. it will need some research. A lot of Australian laws just changed on this subject ...

the Admin

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:12 pm

Also:

Australian citizenship test passes Parliament

This is an important development. If you intend to naturalize, establish your permanent residency as soon as possible to keep your waiting time as short as possible.

the Admin

loneranger
Newly Registered

Post by loneranger » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:09 pm

how can i show that our relation is viable?
well i dont have any criminal records,my page is quite white and only thing it writes in it is i didnt do any crime:).thank god.

i need to have a high level of english language?i see that question in the form i should fill in also, do i have to take any test in english after i applied for fiance visa?

and my most important question is, how long does it take?at most..for most long,how long it can take me to have my visa result?(i will be so happy if you answer urgently please)