ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of strong ties to home country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gemology

Proof of strong ties to home country

Post by gemology » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:46 am

Hi everyone,

My partner, who lives in the US, has just been refused a General Visit Visa for the usual reasons - not enough of her own money and not demonstrating strong enough links to her home country to make them think she will return there.

We are going to reapply, but I don't want the application to fail again. We are working on the money side of things, but any guidance you could offer on documentary evidence which could show strong links to her home would be appreciated.

At 23, she doesn't own any property or have any dependants and although her employer wrote a letter saying her job will be kept open for her, this wasn't good enough, particularly as the Officer didn't consider it to be a 'high profession' (which I think is both patronising and overly judgemental - this is the only job she is able to get at the moment due to a lack of qualifications).

Her name is on the lease of a rental property but I'm not sure whether this holds any sway seeing as she is intending to leave it for up to six months.

She does have a large family to whom she is very close (5 siblings and 11 nieces/nephews plus parents). Her Father has been left disabled by a stroke and her Grandmother has dementia which is becoming quite serious. She provides some support to her Mother in caring for her Father and Grandmother (both money and time) but this is on a casual basis with no hard evidence.

Please, please if you have any relevant experience of a similar situation or any pointers they would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

ban.s

Re: Proof of strong ties to home country

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:39 pm

Pls continue in original thread