ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I have to complete a fresh 10 years to get DLR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverbird
Newly Registered

Do I have to complete a fresh 10 years to get DLR?

Post by silverbird » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi
I do have an enquiry regarding getting ILR after 10 years long residence in the UK.
I came here in 2008 as a student,
I have been on tier 4 for 4 years.
Then in 2012 I applied for family life parent route, i have been refused on error (they reckon i have no evidence the child is mine) and the appeal is taking a long time and will be finally heard in march this year 2015.
My total time of staying in this country is 6 years and I have never been back home.
I am very hopeful of winning this appeal as the home office refused me in error and I expect them to give me a 10 year parent route to settlement (which is 2.5 years x 4 renewals).

My question is can i wait 4 more years to be eligible to apply for 10 years long residence ILR as i have been here for 6 years?

Or in the event i am granted 10 years parent route to settlement (2.5 years x 4) Do i have to complete this 10 years as a parent starting from 2015 before I can be eligible to apply for ILR in 2015?

Thank you

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Do I have to complete a fresh 10 years to get DLR?

Post by Zee ali » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:17 pm

silverbird wrote:Hi
I do have an enquiry regarding getting ILR after 10 years long residence in the UK.
I came here in 2008 as a student,
I have been on tier 4 for 4 years.
Then in 2012 I applied for family life parent route, i have been refused on error (they reckon i have no evidence the child is mine) and the appeal is taking a long time and will be finally heard in march this year 2015.
My total time of staying in this country is 6 years and I have never been back home.
I am very hopeful of winning this appeal as the home office refused me in error and I expect them to give me a 10 year parent route to settlement (which is 2.5 years x 4 renewals).

My question is can i wait 4 more years to be eligible to apply for 10 years long residence ILR as i have been here for 6 years?

Or in the event i am granted 10 years parent route to settlement (2.5 years x 4) Do i have to complete this 10 years as a parent starting from 2015 before I can be eligible to apply for ILR in 2015?

Thank you
Why u think they refused u in error?
When u apply in 2012 under famiy life parent route. Its HO discretion to grant u or not. Its kind of a discretion. So stop saying again and again that its an error.

DId u have leave to remain when u put application in 2012?

when they refused u?

Did they give u right of appeal?

if your 3c intact and they grant u visa after hearing than u can add all your previous years towards 10 years long residency.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided