ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant Visa - Main Applicant in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srinivasm18
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependant Visa - Main Applicant in UK

Post by srinivasm18 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Hi,
Please can anyone answer below queries which I could not find in UKBA website in detail:

1. Currently I am in Tier-2 (General) Visa valid until 2017 January. During my Tier-2 visa application I am offered with maintenance letter from sponsor. Now I got married and had to bring my wife from India to UK. Please can anyone let us know whether new maintenance letter from sponsor will be sufficient showing they will cover maintenance for my wife for one month or time being? So that I do not need to wait 90 days or hold funds in my account.
2. During my Tier-2 visa application (2122-Mechanical Engineer) is not in shortage occupation list but now it is. Which visa I have to apply for my wife Tier-2 dependant or Tier-2 dependant shortage occupation?

Please note: Just would like to make clear as I am already in UK under Tier-2 visa, I have to apply dependant visa for my wife only. Please kindly reply if you want more information to answer.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Dependant Visa - Main Applicant in UK

Post by iworker » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:16 pm

1. You can show maintenance by asking the company to issue a new letter similar to what u had for your application. Do not use the same letter.
2. you have answered the questions yourself.. if it aint shortage then why would u apply shortage dependent.

srinivasm18
Newly Registered

Post by srinivasm18 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks for reply, please can you let me know for how many months maintenance letter should cover?

cooldreamboy
Newly Registered

Post by cooldreamboy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:59 am

srinivasm18:

Maintenance letter issued from the company is generally for the 1st month and that is enough.

Cheers,
Coolguy

srinivasm18
Newly Registered

Post by srinivasm18 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Please can anyone confirm following documents will be okay to enough apply tier 2 Dependant:

1. Wife (Dependant) passport
2. Husband passport and visa photocopy
3. Marriage certificate
4. Sponsor letter for maintenance confirming free food and accommodation for month and employment type. Do I need to request my company to specify salary in this letter?
5. TB and degree certificate of my wife for health and English requirement.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:27 am

English certificate is not required for tier 2 dependents.
you need to do more research on this forum and see what other documents people have submitted.
In particualr, documents confirming that your relationship is ongoing are of more importance.