ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing job immediately after submitting application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mbf82
Newly Registered

Changing job immediately after submitting application

Post by mbf82 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi,
I'm planning on submitting my citizenship application in a week or so.
I've got a letter from my current employer certifying that I've worked there for the last 7 years. This letter mentions that my emplyment will terminate next month (i.e. after I've submitted the application).
In the form I've listed my current employer in all the places where it asks for it.

What should I do? Should I also get a letter from my new employer and explain the situation on page 15?

Note that I don't want to wait to submit my application as I've travelled a lot in March and April 5 years ago (so I cannot be sure that they would receive my application 5 years after a day I was in the UK) and because I don't want to wait for the fees to be increased again in April!

ryan1512lon

Re: Changing job immediately after submitting application

Post by ryan1512lon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:59 pm

You don't have to, as employment is not a requirement for naturalization.

mbf82
Newly Registered

Post by mbf82 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:06 pm

But I need to show which treaty rights I'm using to stay here (I'm European) and to show that I'm able to provide for myself.

ryan1512lon

Post by ryan1512lon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Only for the first 5 years :

o Evidence of exercising Treaty Rights for 5years for the relevant EEA national. This may include:
o Confirmation of tax payment for individuals who are self-employed/business person
o Confirmation of payslips/P60 for workers
o Confirmation of enrolment and attendance of an accredited course for Students
o Evidence of funds and comprehensive sickness insurance for self sufficient persons and students
o Evidence of state pension (not occupational pension) for retired person.
o Medical report if permanently incapacitated

Alternatively you can also apply for a permanent residence card before you apply for British citizenship.