ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Received COA but information they given is incorrect

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

judithktaylor124
Newly Registered

Help! Received COA but information they given is incorrect

Post by judithktaylor124 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Received my COA today, but i don't know how it can stated there saying that i'm applying as unmarried partner or an extended family member of my husband!!!
It also stated that i didn't give them the current valid identity documents of my sponsor? Therefore they are unable to confirm my right to work in the UK???

Me and my husband been married for 1 and half years and been together for 4 years. We send our marriage certificate and all sorts of proofs that we've been together for that long and my husband original identity card. So how can i apply as an unmarried partner?!?! And i just recently given birth to our daughter in UK itself!! So how can i be unmarried partner or extended family member of my husband?!?

Anyone experience this before? Is there any contact number i can contact them to ask regarding this matter?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Help! Received COA but information they given is incorre

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:05 pm

If you have not provided them with the necessary documents as written on application form then they are right in not confirming your right to work although they mistakenly issued you with th e COA relating to unmarried partner.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

judithktaylor124
Newly Registered

Post by judithktaylor124 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:13 pm

well we are not bothered by the fact that they don't give me the right to work as i just given birth 2 months ago, so i won't be able to work anyway.
But it stated there as "the applicant is the unmarried partner or an extended family member of an EU citizen who is exercising European free movement rights in the United Kingdom".
and it says "The Home Secretary must consider whether, in all the circumstances of the case, it would right to issue a Residence Card on this basis. This means that until we determined that you qualify as an unmarried partner or as an extended family member by issuing a Residence Document, you are not able to work on the basis of your relationship to your EU citizen sponsor".

What me and my husband is worrying by they stated there that we're unmarried? we send the original wedding certificate, proofs of our tenancy agreement since the past 4 years and all sort of proofs. And our wedding certificate clearly stated the date we were married last year on July 2014.
We are worried that it will effect my application because it stated that i'm applying as unmarried couple. :/
And for "current valid identity documents for your sponsor", i've send my husband original Identity card. So isn't that the proof for his identity?
I'm confused...

We do not want our application to be refuse or delay due to their mistakes of issuing my COA saying that i'm applying as unmarried couple when we are clearly married. :/

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:34 pm

As you said that you have sent the original national identity card which is absolutely fine. Perhaps the caseworker overlooked it. You must immediately write back to the caseworker on the address written on coa to send you the correct coa as you have sent all the necessary documents.
REGARDS

judithktaylor124
Newly Registered

Post by judithktaylor124 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:50 pm

But is there any number i can call to enquiry regarding this matter?

If i write it back to them and quote the person's name that send me this COA, do i have to send this COA back to them? Because i want to make sure they stated there that we are married but not applying as unmarried couple. That is just very strange for them to even sending or stating it wrongly when we clearly apply as married couple. :/
And my husband identity card is definitely there. Even my husband right now is saying that what else can he prove of his identity? Is the identity card not enough and it's definitely valid too. So don't even understand the whole COA that i received at all. :/

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:21 pm

You can prepare a precise covering letter highlighting the fact and can send them back the original coa via recorded delivery. But you should also keep a copy of that coa too for your record. Perhaps your partner's original identity card has been overlooked and I believe once you will inform them their error then they will send you a correct new one.
REGARDS

judithktaylor124
Newly Registered

Post by judithktaylor124 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Right, will definitely send them a letter tomorrow. Is this even normal for them to actually send a wrong info COA or am i just the unlucky one?!? Just pretty strange to me like. :/
But is there any number that i can call too?