ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in claiming Treaty Rights with no re-registration:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RedMoon

Re: Change in claiming Treaty Rights with no re-registration

Post by RedMoon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:04 pm

bump bump

RedMoon

Post by RedMoon » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:04 am

Hi all,

I've obtained new information so am resurrecting this post for 2 more questions:

My Treaty Rights claiming dates are presented in my much older post (first post): http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 42680.html

I essentially have a 3 months gap (June - Sept 2010) in being a (part-time) worker and this period is only covered by being a student (usually requiring CSI and proof of funds unless qualifying under transitional arrangements when smb registered their stay with HO as a student before April 2011). I am not sure whether I registered my residence as a student (qualifying for transitional arrangements) or as a worker (not qualifying) because for most of that period I was (and could potentially do) both.

I've managed to contact UKBA via the phone and found out that: there is no tick-box to indicate whether an application was done as a worker or as a student. However, there are names (not actual documents anymore) of documents I have submitted and also UKBA inquiries with regards to my registration. These are: proof of funding from the Student Loans Company and a fax to University from UKBA.

Do you think that I can confidently take that (and a case worker considering my naturalisation would also take that) as a proof that my application was made as a student? I have nothing in writing but should what UKBA has got be enough?

Also, in transitional arrangement it is written: "Transitional arrangements are being introduced, so that an application for permanent residence as a student will not be refused solely on the grounds that there is no evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance on the date of decision where: ..." -does this "as a student" mean "then" (i.e. for the period claimed as a student) or at the point of application (one needs to still be a student when applying) -I will not be a student but a worker when I would be applying.

Big thanks for your suggestions.

RedMoon

Post by RedMoon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:33 pm

Any opinions anyone?

RedMoon

Post by RedMoon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Anyone could help me?

RedMoon

Post by RedMoon » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:49 pm