ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN form queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kvora

AN form queries

Post by kvora » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Dear seniors,

I would like to offer my gratitude for the immense knowledge and information that the website provides to hundreds of users of this website. I have been one of them and I successfully applied for my ILR last year. Now, I am preparing to apply for Naturalization. I have few queries pertaining to the AN form.

1. Section 1.22 has an option 'I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013', which I met as part of my application for ILR. Do I need to submit the LIUK certificate and any supporting documents for English language requirement with form AN?

2. Section 2.1 - date and place of first arrival in the UK. Guide AN suggests that enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, i.e. my assumption is that it refers to one of the settlement routes which in my case is the my entry into the country after I received my work permit or is it the first time I entered the UK on a student visa? My issue is that I do not have an entry stamp in my passport as I travelled to UK from RoI first time I came to UK as a student and there was no immigration officer present at the Holyhead immigration checkpost.

3. Section 3.5 - address of tax office or tax office reference. I have enclosed information pertaining to my Employer PAYE reference (Office number/reference number). Is that sufficient?

4. Lastly, although the AN form clearly states that until a FPN becomes a conviction or a recurring pattern there is no need to worry. I had a FPC in April 2013, May 2011 and November 2009. Do I need to mention those in the AN form?

Many thanks in advance. I will appreciate a prompt response from any senior/experienced member of the group.

Kunal

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: AN form queries

Post by milan69 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:20 am

1. Just tich the relevant box. HO has your LIUK in the system.
3. That is fine.
4. AN guide:
3.6 – 3.7 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices will not normally be taken in to account, unless you have had more than one fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months. In that case you may wish to wait to make your application until you have no more than one fixed penalty notice in the 12 month period before applying. Drink driving offences must be declared. If you have any endorsements on your driving licence you must provide the paper counterpart.
I am sometimes wrong.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:15 am

kvora wrote:Dear seniors,

I would like to offer my gratitude for the immense knowledge and information that the website provides to hundreds of users of this website. I have been one of them and I successfully applied for my ILR last year. Now, I am preparing to apply for Naturalization. I have few queries pertaining to the AN form.

1. Section 1.22 has an option 'I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013', which I met as part of my application for ILR. Do I need to submit the LIUK certificate and any supporting documents for English language requirement with form AN?

2. Section 2.1 - date and place of first arrival in the UK. Guide AN suggests that enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, i.e. my assumption is that it refers to one of the settlement routes which in my case is the my entry into the country after I received my work permit or is it the first time I entered the UK on a student visa? My issue is that I do not have an entry stamp in my passport as I travelled to UK from RoI first time I came to UK as a student and there was no immigration officer present at the Holyhead immigration checkpost.

3. Section 3.5 - address of tax office or tax office reference. I have enclosed information pertaining to my Employer PAYE reference (Office number/reference number). Is that sufficient?

4. Lastly, although the AN form clearly states that until a FPN becomes a conviction or a recurring pattern there is no need to worry. I had a FPC in April 2013, May 2011 and November 2009. Do I need to mention those in the AN form?

Many thanks in advance. I will appreciate a prompt response from any senior/experienced member of the group.

Kunal
1) I have the same issue but to be safe I just selected the first box and provide the KOL certificate again. I even re-took an English test just to get a new certificate. I can't find any note that says the evidences don't have to be provided again if they were provided in the past.

2) This should be your entry date as Tier 2 work permit. Reason would be that students aren't meant to be considered entering with a view of long term stay in the UK.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

kvora

Post by kvora » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Thanks happyguy82 and milan69.

I will appreciate if anyone has had a similar issue with their application and can share their experience.

Many thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:09 pm

happyguy82 wrote:
1) I have the same issue but to be safe I just selected the first box and provide the KOL certificate again. I even re-took an English test just to get a new certificate. I can't find any note that says the evidences don't have to be provided again if they were provided in the past.

2) This should be your entry date as Tier 2 work permit. Reason would be that students aren't meant to be considered entering with a view of long term stay in the UK.

1. Not my situation but yes personally I think if you want it to be "quick" then send KOL proof again.

2. My friend entered first-ever entry ie Student entry and got approval within two weeks. So my tip would be to state honestly.

Further to point 2, my personal idea is that its more to do with your own view than visa status, besides any Resident Permit is considered long term ie whatever is not some kind of "visitor" visa.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:16 pm

fwd079 wrote:
happyguy82 wrote:

1. Not my situation but yes personally I think if you want it to be "quick" then send KOL proof again.

2. My friend entered first-ever entry ie Student entry and got approval within two weeks. So my tip would be to state honestly.

Further to point 2, my personal idea is that its more to do with your own view than visa status, besides any Resident Permit is considered long term ie whatever is not some kind of "visitor" visa.
I think the HO are quite lenient with the entries. I know someone who made several mistakes on his form but still got approved. This does not mean that the info entered is correct, but that they are fortunate to get a lenient case worker.

On Point 2, you really shouldn't enter the start date of a temporary visa that isn't meant to help you to get ILR eventually. Examples of these are WHM, Tier-5 and Tier-2 as well as Student visas. Doing so may open a can of worms because you are declaring that you entered the UK with the intention of long term stay with a temporal visa. If they wanted to know the first date you entered, then they wouldn't have worded the way it is on the guidance notes.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:40 pm

happyguy82 wrote: On Point 2, you really shouldn't enter the start date of a temporary visa that isn't meant to help you to get ILR eventually. Examples of these are WHM, Tier-5 and Tier-2 as well as Student visas. Doing so may open a can of worms because you are declaring that you entered the UK with the intention of long term stay with a temporal visa. If they wanted to know the first date you entered, then they wouldn't have worded the way it is on the guidance notes.
Student isnt a temporary visa as far as I know, however I can see your point in current environment with so many pressures on kick students out. His next visa was old five-year work permit then he got ILR and Naturalisation, if that is of any help.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:04 pm

fwd079 wrote:
Student isnt a temporary visa as far as I know, however I can see your point in current environment with so many pressures on kick students out. His next visa was old five-year work permit then he got ILR and Naturalisation, if that is of any help.
Ahh ok I should re-word it more clearly. What I meant by 'temporary visa' are categories that do not count as qualifying periods for ILR. This is in effect almost all categories apart from Tier 1 these days.

My point was, when a person applies for WHM, Tier 5, Tier 2 etc, they do so with the understanding that they'll have to leave the UK after a certain point. If they then declare this period as 'with a view of long term residence in the UK' then it's admitting a violation of that particular visa's purpose.