ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applicants who received further 3 - 6 months letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1unicorn
Newly Registered

Applicants who received further 3 - 6 months letter

Post by 1unicorn » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi everyone,

It looks like quite a few people have received a letter from home office today about the further 3 - 6 months investigation, below is the letter:

Dear xxx

I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for British Citizenship,
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 months target.

Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will he applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British citizenship. Your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6 months

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3 to 6 months but we will write to you again if this is not going, to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

Please do not contact the UKVI Contact Centre regarding the progress of your ease as they will not be able to provide any further information.
This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Yours sincerely

Nationality casework.

I have received this letter today too. I think it would be great if we list our applications under this topic so we can keep us updated, and hopefully we get to receive the decision sooner than they said, or at least figure out why they picked us.

I sent them an email about a week ago asking about my application status. I wonder if this is their reply or if I just happen to be one of the ' lucky' ones.

Anyway, here is mine:

ligibility criteria: 2-year Sponse +ILR (in UK since 2006 as a student)
Language criteria met: Master degree
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 13.08.14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 19.08.14
Payment method: CC/DC
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19.08.14
Date of further 3 - 6 months notice: 03.02.15
Date approval received: TBC
Date of ceremony:TBC

Please let us know the possibility of receiving this letter, if you can make a guess. or simply list your application timeline.

Thanks
Last edited by 1unicorn on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

francesca_
Newly Registered

Re: Further 3 - 6 months letter receivers, please come in.

Post by francesca_ » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:51 pm

HI there,

I have received the same letter today. I wrote to Home Office about 2 weeks ago and I have got the same response! I do believe that they reply with a standard response to everyone. This process is driving me mad!
Details of mine application below:

Eligibility criteria: 6 years and 11 months residence in UK with PR card ( EEA3)
Language criteria met: ESOL test
Date of application: 25.06.14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01.07.14
Payment method: credit card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 27.06.14
Date of further 3 - 6 months notice: 25.12.14

Mafikizolo
Newly Registered

Post by Mafikizolo » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:21 am

I got the same letter yesterday 6th os February, yes telling me to wait another 3-6months. I applied through post office Special delivery. Application date 02/07/2014 and acknowledgement was on the 9th of the same month after fees was deducted on the 7th of the same month. Well now am well over 7months and into my 8th month since my application, no decision yet. My cousin though applied on the 13th/01/2015 and yesterday got her approval. What a :D . Both were ILR myself criteria was 9yrs stay/divorced spouse of a british citizen/ ILR held over one year. Pretty straight forward case yet no decision 7months on. Am sincerely frustrated.

1unicorn
Newly Registered

Post by 1unicorn » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:00 pm

francesca_ wrote:HI there,

I have received the same letter today. I wrote to Home Office about 2 weeks ago and I have got the same response! I do believe that they reply with a standard response to everyone. This process is driving me mad!
Details of mine application below:

Eligibility criteria: 6 years and 11 months residence in UK with PR card ( EEA3)
Language criteria met: ESOL test
Date of application: 25.06.14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01.07.14
Payment method: credit card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 27.06.14
Date of further 3 - 6 months notice: 25.12.14
I am wondering if this is actually a good sign, at least they are finally looking into our cases. Or am i simply being naive? lol

1unicorn
Newly Registered

Post by 1unicorn » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Mafikizolo wrote:I got the same letter yesterday 6th os February, yes telling me to wait another 3-6months. I applied through post office Special delivery. Application date 02/07/2014 and acknowledgement was on the 9th of the same month after fees was deducted on the 7th of the same month. Well now am well over 7months and into my 8th month since my application, no decision yet. My cousin though applied on the 13th/01/2015 and yesterday got her approval. What a :D . Both were ILR myself criteria was 9yrs stay/divorced spouse of a british citizen/ ILR held over one year. Pretty straight forward case yet no decision 7months on. Am sincerely frustrated.
Hi Mafikizolo,

it could be the case that they are finally reviewing our applications, i believe our cases were sitting there for the last few month without assigning to any caseworker. Otherwise what makes it so long when some people get to receive a decision in a few days? keep positive and we have to!

kelley2014
Newly Registered

Re: Applicants who received further 3 - 6 months letter

Post by kelley2014 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Hello All,

I too received the same letter yesterday, February 6th. I am actually relieved to see that others have received the same letter as I was thinking they were delaying due to my circumstances; after applying with NCS on August 1, 2014 and over 6 years of residency with an EEA spouse, no IDLR as guidelines stated it wasn't necessary (it also takes up to 6 months to receive at a cost of £1106). Unfortunately my residence document visa expired on Nov 5, 2014, so I was forced (as the Naturalisation application would not confirm my eligibility to work when my employer used employee checking services after the expiry) to reapply for another Residence document so I could return to work (which was advised by HO migrant worker division, but now I realise EEA3 would have been better option). Now I am applying for the EEA3 in hopes that I will have something permanent in the next 3 months!

stillwaiting4it
Newly Registered

Post by stillwaiting4it » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:14 pm

I have also received this letter. I agree with the idea that these applications were just sitting there collecting dust. There is nothing in my immigration history that should be an 'indicator' as there has been no legal non-compliance with any immigration regulations.

It seems more likely that they built up a backlog and the review of these 'new' requirements offers a convenient excuse to give us the exact, same original timeframe of an application...which was always about 3-6 months.

Additionally, I have complained to my MP. They gave us an SLA of no more than 6 months unless exceptional circumstances exist. I fail to see how new regulation that came into affect after the application is an exceptional circumstance. It is £906 we have paid which is quite a lot of money no matter what the decision on the application is. This kind of thing would never be acceptable for an actual business and you could expect compensation.

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:16 pm

ours cases may be very genuine. But honestly among us there are so many who abuse the system by declaring false statement , shame marriages etc etc.that's why they have tighten the system. Its there rights to make a proper check. Even my application is with them. But whatever they are checking I am ok with it.I shouldn't be allowed to stay if I don't have the right to stay. Your case is 100 % genuine but you are suffering .Think positive with these checks nobody will abuse the system. Its for your future and your kids future. Hope you also don't want fraud people among you. They are living in our surrounding and abusing the system and at the end run away with a very big cash from bank.
Be patient you will get it very soon .

Storm_b_ringer
Newly Registered

Post by Storm_b_ringer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:16 pm

I never received this letter. I applied in May 2014 and by December 2014 (past the 6 months), I rang the HO who could not give me an update over the phone and requested I send a letter. I did that at the beginning of December. By the end of January I still had no response whatsoever so I sent an email. About 1 week after the email, I received a letter requesting alternative evidence.

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:35 pm

I fully appreciate tough tests to ensure only genuine, decent people are awarded British citizenship. Britain doesn't need other country's crooks, they've got their own already. But hiding behind "tough checks" is an excuse by the Home Office. How then is it possible that some people are now getting these 3-6 months letters where others still get their approval within 8 weeks? I agree, if this was a commercial enterprise it would be out of business by now ... and probably sued left right and center for compensation. This is just a cover-up exercise because too many old applications ended up at the bottom of the pile and haven't even been touched yet. Why don't they just admit it?
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:45 pm

probably will to have wait till March (since past 6 monhts) to get hold of this golden letter.....as we speak Usually people receivng this letter are the ones who applied before the end of August.

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:13 pm

What I’d be curious to know is if anyone who applied before 10th of August and is still waiting DID NOT receive a similar letter...

heisenberg150
Newly Registered

Post by heisenberg150 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:11 am

I applied for my citizenship end of May 2014, Up to now I have not heard anything from the HO or is it the UKBA. I have written two letters, made several phone calls and no update yet. Apparently my case is still in progress. Fact- the HO is in shambles, how can they justify deducting money and not providing a service they had said they would within a specific time frame?

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:19 am

heisenberg150 wrote:I applied for my citizenship end of May 2014, Up to now I have not heard anything from the HO or is it the UKBA. I have written two letters, made several phone calls and no update yet. Apparently my case is still in progress. Fact- the HO is in shambles, how can they justify deducting money and not providing a service they had said they would within a specific time frame?
Get your MP involved, that might speed things up a bit.

stillwaiting4it
Newly Registered

Post by stillwaiting4it » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:22 pm

zeusmagnanimous wrote:
heisenberg150 wrote:I applied for my citizenship end of May 2014, Up to now I have not heard anything from the HO or is it the UKBA. I have written two letters, made several phone calls and no update yet. Apparently my case is still in progress. Fact- the HO is in shambles, how can they justify deducting money and not providing a service they had said they would within a specific time frame?
Suspect it depends how busy the MP is electioneering. I messaged mine almost a month ago now with 2 additional messages of updated information between now and then and no response whatsoever. I have however heard from the MPs campaign team looking for donations multiple times :roll:

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:44 pm

stillwaiting4it wrote:
zeusmagnanimous wrote:
Suspect it depends how busy the MP is electioneering. I messaged mine almost a month ago now with 2 additional messages of updated information between now and then and no response whatsoever. I have however heard from the MPs campaign team looking for donations multiple times :roll:
Contact the campaign people asking for donations and tell them that you did not hear back from MP and thus will consider not voting for him this time if this is not resolved soon - cc the MP too :) It might work or not but worth a try.

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:18 pm

My case is somewhat similar I guess but not at the same time.

I applied on the 6th of November, actually received a letter of approval on 19th of December however the council I applied through did not receive my certificate. I kept phoning to find out only to be told that the certificate has not arrived.

I wrote to UKVI complaints department on the 23rd of January explaining my case, received a couple of general responses and was finally told that the letter was sent in error and that my application required further checks.

Nothing I could do but wait. Today I received an email which is somewhat similar to the original posters letter however with slightly different information as follows:

-it seemed like the case worker assumed that it had been 6 months since the date of my application
-I was told that they will decide on my application within the next 3 weeks rather than 3-6 months

All of this has been quite confusing, I honestly do not even know what is happening anymore.

To add to my confusion the case worker quoted HO Reference number that is different to my HO Reference number, unless these HO Reference numbers are not unique, I don’t know.

I shall update if I receive anything further, I feel a rejection letter coming my way for some reason, that quick approval sounded too good to be true.

stillwaiting4it
Newly Registered

Post by stillwaiting4it » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:04 am

zeusmagnanimous wrote: Contact the campaign people asking for donations and tell them that you did not hear back from MP and thus will consider not voting for him this time if this is not resolved soon - cc the MP too :) It might work or not but worth a try.

Tempting :) I did take some, if not all, of your advice and finally just called the campaign office after a month of waiting for a response (they generally said don't call unless it's urgent.......so maybe overstepping things). BUT, they did say the MP should be writing to the HO on my behalf sometime this week.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:19 am

stillwaiting4it wrote:
zeusmagnanimous wrote: Contact the campaign people asking for donations and tell them that you did not hear back from MP and thus will consider not voting for him this time if this is not resolved soon - cc the MP too :) It might work or not but worth a try.

Tempting :) I did take some, if not all, of your advice and finally just called the campaign office after a month of waiting for a response (they generally said don't call unless it's urgent.......so maybe overstepping things). BUT, they did say the MP should be writing to the HO on my behalf sometime this week.
Yay .... glad to hear mate. I would given them a call every week or two to follow up until you get your approval :D