ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Benefits - EEA2Appeal Allowed-AwaitingResidencecard

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kabir143
Newly Registered

Claiming Benefits - EEA2Appeal Allowed-AwaitingResidencecard

Post by Kabir143 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:48 am

Hi,

My name is Kabir.

Background: I'm an Indian citizen married to a citizen from Hungary, we live in Wales. Our EEA2 application was rejected first, I appealed and it was accepted. I'm waiting for my documents along with the residence card back from the UKBA.

My question : Now, at this stage, if I apply for Child Benefit + Child benefit working tax credit + Maternity Grant, will it have any effect on my case? as I believe the UKBA will re-run my case to do some basic checks?

Thanks & Sincere Regards,
Kabir

Zhonor

Re: Claiming Benefits - EEA2Appeal Allowed-AwaitingResidence

Post by Zhonor » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Hi Kabir,

As far as I am concerned, EU/EEA citizens and their dependents should not be claiming benefits (if you want to qualify for EEA4 PR later on) and child benefits is one of them.

I am not sure if others have successfully claimed benefits and obtained their PR after doing so.

Best regards,

Zhonor

kkuk

Post by kkuk » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:11 am

No, this is wrong information.

You can claim child benefit and also in work benefits i.e Tax credits without affecting your residence card application.

Eea national and their family members are entitled to these like any british citizen.

Regards

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:57 am

Hi,

That's absolutely correct and also why don't you read the guideline in all benefits and see for yourself.

EEA AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBER CAN CLAIM IF YOU'RE STILL MARRIED/PARTNERSHIP TOGETHER BUT DO NOT CLAIM HOUSING BENEFIT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ALLOW YOUR WIFE TO MAKE THE CLAIM AND YOUR DETAILS CAN BE INCLUDED IN THE FORM.

YOU WILL BE FINE.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.