ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azul1982
Newly Registered

stamp 4

Post by azul1982 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:44 am

How Are you EveryBody First i would like to thanks all Members looking after this website and thier Help to Everyone thanks .
My question is am no Eu Married to Irisih citizen recently i Had my stamp 4 .and the immgration officier told me that the rules has changed before they used to stamp your passport with 5 years or residency .but now am going to stamp your passport with one 1 years of the residency and come back next year to stamp it again with other year and after that year come back to stamp it with 3 Years . am really confused can anybody explain to me please how the system work .like how long it will take to get a permanent residency ? or how long it take to apply for naturalisation or irish passport thank you .

azul1982
Newly Registered

Re: stamp 4

Post by azul1982 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:19 pm

i was looking online Thats what i found :
If you are the spouse or civil partner of an Irish citizen who is applying for Irish citizenship, you must meet the following conditions:

You must be married to or in a recognised civil partnership* with the Irish citizen for at least 3 years
You must have had a period of 1 year's continuous reckonable residence - see below - in the island of Ireland immediately before the date of your application
You must have been living on the island of Ireland for at least 2 of the 4 years before that year of continuous residence
Your marriage or civil partnership must be recognised as valid under Irish law
You and your spouse or civil partner must be living together as husband and wife or civil partners
You must be of full age, good character and intend to continue to live on the island of Ireland
You must have made a declaration of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State.

is That the answer to My Question or There is something else to add Thanks .

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:18 pm

Spouse of Irish citizens will get visa for the first year for 1 year, than for the second year for 1 years and the third year you will get a visa for 3 years.

At the completion of your three years, you would be able to apply for your Irish citizenship.

azul1982
Newly Registered

Post by azul1982 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:37 pm

am so confused can anybody please explain to me why some website say this :to apply for irish citizenship

You must be married to or in a recognised civil partnership* with the Irish citizen for at least 3 years
You must have had a period of 1 year's continuous reckonable residence - see below - in the island of Ireland immediately before the date of your application
You must have been living on the island of Ireland for at least 2 of the 4 years before that year of continuous residence
Your marriage or civil partnership must be recognised as valid under Irish law
You and your spouse or civil partner must be living together as husband and wife or civil partners
You must be of full age, good character and intend to continue to live on the island of Ireland
You must have made a declaration of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State.

did they change the rules ?

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:19 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Spouse of Irish citizens will get visa for the first year for 1 year, than for the second year for 1 years and the third year you will get a visa for 3 years.

At the completion of your three years, you would be able to apply for your Irish citizenship.
Hi CalvinKlein,

So if I am married to an Irish Citizen and we have been living together for 3 years (I am Non Eu, and living 3 years on a Stamp 4) after the first 3 years wouldn't I be able to apply for Irish Naturalisation? Why after the 3 years you need to come back to the immigration to get more 3 years? (Totalling 6 years)

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:11 pm

brunocavalcanti wrote:
CalvinKlien wrote:Spouse of Irish citizens will get visa for the first year for 1 year, than for the second year for 1 years and the third year you will get a visa for 3 years.

Hi CalvinKlein,

So if I am married to an Irish Citizen and we have been living together for 3 years (I am Non Eu, and living 3 years on a Stamp 4) after the first 3 years wouldn't I be able to apply for Irish Naturalisation? Why after the 3 years you need to come back to the immigration to get more 3 years? (Totalling 6 years)
hi
after 1 year they give you another 1 year residency and
after that they ll give u 3 years residency. not everybody wants
irish citizenship,one only would like to prolong her residency here,not having lost real chance to be resided here more time.after these years expire they would give you citizenship if u want or u just would leave the state for good in no need of irish citizenship

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:36 pm

zaza7625 wrote:
brunocavalcanti wrote:

Hi CalvinKlein,

hi
after 1 year they give you another 1 year residency and
after that they ll give u 3 years residency. not everybody wants
irish citizenship,one only would like to prolong her residency here,not having lost real chance to be resided here more time.after these years expire they would give you citizenship if u want or u just would leave the state for good in no need of irish citizenship
Hi Zaza7625,
So it means that after 3 years the Non-EU can request a naturalisation?

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:57 pm

brunocavalcanti wrote: So it means that after 3 years the Non-EU can request a naturalisation?
Use the link below, this will answer you spot on. If you are spouse of Irish citizen, please select "Spouse of Irish Citizen / Section 16 waiver application: 3 year"
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Na ... Calculator