ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After ILR wife going outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yoyo2015
Newly Registered

After ILR wife going outside UK

Post by yoyo2015 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Hi All,

I was on HSMP/Tier-1 and wife on my dependent visa..Now we both are on ILR.
I will be applying for naturalization after 12 months, however she will not be around as she planning to live outside UK for 12-16 months.

Now at the time of naturalization, when I have to mention my wife's details in AN-Form question 1.35 where wife address is going to be outside UK..would it impact my naturalization process?
Can some been through same situation plz share his experience?

Many Thanks.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: After ILR wife going outside UK

Post by milan69 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:06 am

It could potentially have an impact:
Re: ILR & Canada
Postby ban.s » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:41 am

unless married to a british citizen or in crown service, one of the requirements of naturalisation is that you would continue to make UK as your main home. (Q2.3 of the AN form).
if your wife lives in a separate country they may question your future intention of living in the UK after naturalisation (and not joining your family abroad).
perhaps you provide explanation in support of your family circumstances in section 15.
ban.s
I am sometimes wrong.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:28 am

Living 12-16 months outside is fine, the real question here is why would you not put her address same as yours? Even if she is not in the country she can be use your address as her address. Do you have any posts in her name like bank statements, bills etc which have the same address as yours? If yes then put your UK address and all should be fine.

yoyo2015
Newly Registered

Post by yoyo2015 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks for your responses guys.

The form asks for PRESENT address in 1.35 thats why I wasnt sure.
Also I have all bills council tax on both of our name BUT if she going away for more than a year than there is no point of me renting a expensive property I would rather move into shared accommodation.

So basically she wont be in the uk and I wont have any proof address etc.

I would imagine there mayb many couples living separately UK due to change of circumstance...Have you seen any cases where their naturalization process got into any trouble?? I cant find any on this forum..so not sure if its me overly thinking or this is actually going to cause problems.

Guys please advice :-)

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:23 pm

I mentioned it only as a possibility of having a problem, maybe small possibility.
I also never came across a problem like that on this forum.
I am sometimes wrong.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:27 pm

yoyo2015 wrote:Thanks for your responses guys.

The form asks for PRESENT address in 1.35 thats why I wasnt sure.
Also I have all bills council tax on both of our name BUT if she going away for more than a year than there is no point of me renting a expensive property I would rather move into shared accommodation.

So basically she wont be in the uk and I wont have any proof address etc.

I would imagine there mayb many couples living separately UK due to change of circumstance...Have you seen any cases where their naturalization process got into any trouble?? I cant find any on this forum..so not sure if its me overly thinking or this is actually going to cause problems.

Guys please advice :-)

milan69 has already quoted a senior member, let me highlight:
unless married to a british citizen or in crown service, one of the requirements of naturalisation is that you would continue to make UK as your main home. (Q2.3 of the AN form).
if your wife lives in a separate country they may question your future intention of living in the UK after naturalisation (and not joining your family abroad).
perhaps you provide explanation in support of your family circumstances in section 15.
So probably, it will be down to discretion that if Case Worker is satisfied or not. You have got ILR now, if you are concerned, then just to be on safe said, wait till she returns (13 months you said?) then once she is with you, you can apply the very next month with her details as living in UK.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.