ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Restricted COS Application Form Queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jhabak
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Restricted COS Application Form Queries

Post by jhabak » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:09 am

Hi all

Request your help and guidance on my queries regarding Tier 2 out of country application

Below is my status

Currently on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner visa, valid from 15 Dec 2013 until Jan 2017
My current employer (A rated sponsor) has agreed to sponsor me, they did the RLMT test - complete as per process and by the book, got a restricted CoS approved and now allocated the same to me and given me the certificate number.
I am travelling to my home country and applying for the visa in Chennai, India in the the next few weeks (depending on flight and visa appointment availability)
My passport expires in September 2015 and I will apply for my Tier 2 visa before 6 months of the passport expiry.

My queries regarding Visa application

If my visa is stamped after my 6 months validity on passport - Is that an issue?
Will they reject my visa application basis only 6.5 months validity on my passport, what is the minimum time required before expiry of a passport
Can I travel back to UK without any issues at airport immigration control wiith 5.75 months validity on m passport (with the new Tier 2 visa)
Can I expedite the visa process by paying anything extra in Chennai? How much quicker can it be?

Visa online application form queries

Under Travel information section - Are you travelling with anyone? Yes or No I will be travelling with my wife who si currently on Tier 2 ICT Staff and will continue to be on the same until we return back from India. Once I get my Tier 2 stamped and we are back in UK I am planning to apply for her switch as my dependant. Should I say Yes or No in this scenario?
Date of planned arrival in the UK - I am planning to leave India within two days of receing my passport. My job start date on CoS in SMS system is 15 MArch 2015, hence I am planning to put 14 MArch 2015 as travel date. Is this date ok? Or is there an alternative suggestion to this?
How long do you intend to stay in the UK? - My CoS is for 3 years, hence do I mention this as 3 years? or should I say as long as my job is there?
Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Country in the last 10 years? I have had 3 visas - Student, Tier 1 Post Study Work and the current Tier2 ICT Staff Partner visa
Who would be the issuing authority for each of these visas - Online form suggestes 3 options like High commission, British embassy, consulate et cetera?
Student - Applied in Chennai (British Deputy High Commission)
Tier 1 Post Study Work - Applied within UK (Home office, may be?)
Tier 2 ICT Staff Partner - Applied in chennai through VFS (British Deputy High commission again?)
Have you ever travelled to the UK in the last 10 years? - How do I answer this, as per my below scenario?
I entered UK in 2007 as a student, converted to Tier 1 PSW Visa in 2009 and left in Feb 2010 to be back in India for good - Travelled on holiday to India 3-4 times between 2007-2010
Re entered UK in Dec 2013 and stayin ghere since then, exited UK 5 times for various work and leisure trips and this will be the 6th trip when I go an apply in India.
Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years? - Does this mean only extension as it says leave to remain? So should I mention only my extension for Tier 1 Post study work visa?