ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stay in Uk or Leave

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TABU2
Newly Registered

Stay in Uk or Leave

Post by TABU2 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi.

My employer has applied for my WP last week, but we havnt heard anything yet from the Home office. I have spoken to one of the immigration advisior in home office and she think i need approval letter from HO to extend mt current visa and that HO can not give temperory leave for WP,.

My visa expires in 2 weeks .

does any one have any idea how i can round this matter,??

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:54 pm

Pls see this discussion and ask if you have any further questions. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0
Jabi

TABU2
Newly Registered

Post by TABU2 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:23 pm

I have read the thread and it is exteremely helpful,

Docterror wrote
I suggest you make a postal application with the FLR(IED) with all the documents except the WP and then wait for the WP so that you will not become an overstayer.

documents means here are letter from my employer and my passport, etc..???

sorry i forgot to mention that my employer contact HO and employer told me that HO is currently looking at applications submitted on august 27, where as my application was sbmitted on 10 sept 2007

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:24 pm

documents means here are letter from my employer and my passport, etc..???
Yes. Download the form and have a look for the exact info.
Jabi

TABU2
Newly Registered

Post by TABU2 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:39 pm

magsi23 wrote:

I disagree you wont get FLR without WP letter since FLR would be based on the outcome of WP application.
VictoriaS wrote:

He didn't say that you would. But you can apply for FLR before the wp is approved, and then ask them to hold off on a decision until the decision is made on the WP. We do this all the time.

CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN VICTORIA'S STATEMENT HERE. I THINK THIS COULD BE USEFUL FOR ME BUT I KNOW KNOW HOW THIS WILL BE IMPLEMENTED

About what decision they will hold off here. (I guess regarding FLR).

What if my FLR is refused ..?

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:24 pm

The decision they will hold off is to decide whether to give you the extension or not.

If all documents are correct, your FLR will be refused only if your WP is refused as well. In such a case you will cancel the application and return back home or find some other way to stay over.
Jabi

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:38 pm

You can include a covering letter that explains that your employer has applied for a work permit for you (include details such as date application sent and any ref your employer may have) and ask them to wait till the outcome of the work permit application is known. Also say that if the wp application is positive, you will send them the wp as soon as you receive it.

Sending the app for FLR(IED) will ensure that your stay is legal while awaiting the decision on the wp.

trana210
Newly Registered

Post by trana210 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi
If any one opted to leave the country(because visa expiring) while his/her WP is under processing should inform HO before he leave the country.
couple of questions in this regards

1.Its client responsibility or employers. I think its employers responsibility to inform the HO that the applicant is leaving the country

2. Does employer need to lodge a fresh WP application as the circumstances has been changed or existing Application would be fine .

thanks