ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit clarification

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pilar
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit clarification

Post by pilar » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:43 am

Hi

I am planning to move to UK to pursue some job options and would like some input on whether I understood the rules correctly.

I am an EEA citizen living in Asia and will be moving with my wife and her 3 children (not legally adopted by me). My wife and children are all non-EEA citizens.

Therefore I plan to apply for Family Permit for my family, while I shouldn’t need anything.

My questions are:
1. Could there be problems getting the Family Permit, considering I do not yet have a job in UK?
2. Are the children covered by Family Permit even though they are not (yet) legally adopted by me?
3. Will my wife and children be eligible for Residence Card?
4. Will my wife be eligible for work even before receiving Residence Card?
5. Are there still issues with delays for Residence Card issuance? And what kind of process time can we expect for this?
6. Will we be able to travel before receiving Residence Card? Both internally in EEA and outside EEA?

I hope you can help with a little input on this.

Thank you

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA Family Permit clarification

Post by chaoclive » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:20 pm

pilar wrote:Hi

I am planning to move to UK to pursue some job options and would like some input on whether I understood the rules correctly.

I am an EEA citizen living in Asia and will be moving with my wife and her 3 children (not legally adopted by me). My wife and children are all non-EEA citizens.

Therefore I plan to apply for Family Permit for my family, while I shouldn’t need anything.

My questions are:
1. Could there be problems getting the Family Permit, considering I do not yet have a job in UK? NO ISSUES - I WAS IN THE SAME SITUATION BEFORE BRINGING MY PARTNER TO THE UK. I GOT A JOB WITHIN A MONTH OF ARRIVAL
2. Are the children covered by Family Permit even though they are not (yet) legally adopted by me? NOT SURE ABOUT THIS
3. Will my wife and children be eligible for Residence Card? AT LEAST YOUR WIFE WILL. NOT SURE ABOUT THE ADOPTED KIDS
4. Will my wife be eligible for work even before receiving Residence Card? SHE WILL BE ELIGIBLE BUT WILL FIND IT HARD TO PROVE TO THE POTENTIAL EMPLOYER. MY PARTNER GOT A JOB AS I KNEW THE MANAGER OF THE PLACE WHERE HE IS WORKING
5. Are there still issues with delays for Residence Card issuance? And what kind of process time can we expect for this? OURS TOOK ABOUT 3 MONTHS
6. Will we be able to travel before receiving Residence Card? Both internally in EEA and outside EEA? IN THEORY YOU CAN. WE ONLY TRAVELLED INSIDE THE UK AND IRELAND BEFORE HE GOT HIS SO I CAN'T REALLY COMMENT. AS YOU WON'T WAIT FOR TOO LONG TO GET THE RC IT SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE

I hope you can help with a little input on this.

Thank you

pilar
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit clarification

Post by pilar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:16 pm

Thanks a lot chaoclive.

Maybe someone else can help in regards to the kids.

I found this on gov.uk:

The family members of an EEA national (part 7 of the EEA Regulations) include:

-spouses or civil partners;
-direct descendants of the EEA national or their spouse/ civil partner under 21;
-dependent direct descendants of the EEA national or their spouse/ civil partner 21 and over;
-dependent direct relatives in the ascending line, for example parents and grandparents of the EEA national or their spouse / civil partner.

And as far as I understand it means that my wife's children will be covered.

I hope someone can help me clarify this.

Thanks