ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed in regards to family member visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samz123
Newly Registered

help needed in regards to family member visa

Post by samz123 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:44 am

Hi,

I am a citizen of EU (Sweden) and am working as a dentist.

I have an uncle living in Pakistan who is sick and we don't have anybody to look after him. If I come to UK and get a job and rent a house is there anyway to bring him over here? If so how long do I need to work or be in UK?

Is there any other requirements for my situation and which visa is required to apply for.

Can you please provide more information or guides on how to do this.

Thanks

samz123
Newly Registered

Re: help needed in regards to family member visa

Post by samz123 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:39 pm

Anyone?

samz123
Newly Registered

Post by samz123 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:23 am

Come on guys, someone surely knows this and can help :)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:57 am

Is he wholly dependant on you?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

samz123
Newly Registered

Post by samz123 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Yes as in he lives alone and we send money for care taker...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:54 pm

samz123 wrote:Yes as in he lives alone and we send money for care taker...
That's not what I asked....

samz123
Newly Registered

Post by samz123 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:57 pm

what you mean wholly dependant...I am not there to take care of him so obviously paying a care taker

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:03 pm

samz123 wrote:what you mean wholly dependant...I am not there to take care of him so obviously paying a care taker
Does he have any other income?

A pension, for instance?

Are you covering all of his expenses? Food, etc?

Are you the only person sending money to him and if so, for how long have you been doing this and do you have proof?

samz123
Newly Registered

Post by samz123 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:09 am

No he hasn't got any income and cannot work due to health problems. I do have some of the proof that i have been sending money and haze been doing it for couple of years now. And yes am covering all his expenses.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:18 am

samz123 wrote:No he hasn't got any income and cannot work due to health problems. I do have some of the proof that i have been sending money and haze been doing it for couple of years now. And yes am covering all his expenses.

Depending on how conclusive your evidence for financial dependence is, you may or may not succeed in getting an EEA family permit for him. The UK is not exactly happy about issuing this to extended family members.

You then need to exercise treaty rights in the UK (work) and apply for his residence card. His stay in the UK will depend on you staying and working there. If you leave the UK, he will no longer have a basis for staying there, at least until he can get PR after five years.

samz123
Newly Registered

Post by samz123 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:59 am

Thanks for the info. so you are saying it is hard to get a visa but it is possible if strong evidence is available. also if I want to apply is it this category : https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:33 am

No, that link is for applications under UK regulations. You need to apply for an EEA permit for an extended family member.
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:27 pm

"Qualifying as an extended family member or unmarried partner

You can apply as an ‘extended’ family member’, eg brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, nephew or niece.

You must be able to show that you’re dependent on the EEA citizen or a member of their household, or have a serious health condition and rely on them to care for you.

You can also apply as an unmarried partner if you can show that you’re in a lasting relationship with the EEA national."

Please note that the 'serious health condition' mostly refers to people living in the same household - like if you were living in Pakistan with him and are the main and only available carer. That you have been paying a carer for him from abroad shows that you could continue to do so. So you will have to rely on showing that without your payments for his living expenses he would be without any means to get any income from any other source at all.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:00 pm

ALKB you've misread the post. They can't apply for an Unmarried Partner Visa. The dependent is the Op's uncle! :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Casa wrote:ALKB you've misread the post. They can't apply for an Unmarried Partner Visa. The dependent is the Op's uncle! :?

I didn't mean to say that they can apply for an unmarried partner visa.

It's just a full quote from the HO website regarding who is eligible under extended family member, hence the quotation marks. Should have made that more obvious.

Don't know why they throw the unmarried partner bit in. Didn't mean to confuse, sorry :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:32 pm

No problem. Just wanted to make it clear to avoid confusion. As with most UKVI information it's never clear. :?
(Casa, not CR001)

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi there

I am using this forum from a while. I found it extremely helpful. I have a situation, shouldn't be new to most of you guys.

I have got ILR last year. I have got 2 kids they are British nationals now. 5 and 3 years old. My Mrs came into this country 8-9 years back. But she does not have any status in this country.Now we decided to apply for her.

As she not been back to her country for long time. Can she go back and apply from there as i am earning more than £19000 per year.
Any suggestions in my case if she goes back , Merits & Demerits and any consequences which can effect on the applications. As my both kids just started school this year so i am looking to send her this summer to see her family and apply from there as well.Kids need to join back school in September again.
I believe if she will granted visa from back home . it would be 5 years instead of apply inside the UK discretionary basis 10 years route.
She stayed in this country illegally for such a long time , could this be a worst effect on the considerations for the application.
Does it make any difference if a person illegal entry or an over stayer?

I will highly appreciate for your expert advice and experiences.

Best Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:13 pm

Insomnia wrote:Hi there

I am using this forum from a while. I found it extremely helpful. I have a situation, shouldn't be new to most of you guys.

I have got ILR last year. I have got 2 kids they are British nationals now. 5 and 3 years old. My Mrs came into this country 8-9 years back. But she does not have any status in this country.Now we decided to apply for her.

As she not been back to her country for long time. Can she go back and apply from there as i am earning more than £19000 per year.
Any suggestions in my case if she goes back , Merits & Demerits and any consequences which can effect on the applications. As my both kids just started school this year so i am looking to send her this summer to see her family and apply from there as well.Kids need to join back school in September again.
I believe if she will granted visa from back home . it would be 5 years instead of apply inside the UK discretionary basis 10 years route.
She stayed in this country illegally for such a long time , could this be a worst effect on the considerations for the application.

Best Regards
What does this have to do with this thread? Please open a new one as this topic is about the EU SS route

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:33 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Insomnia wrote:Hi there

Best Regards
What does this have to do with this thread? Please open a new one as this topic is about the EU SS route
Alrite sorry about this. I did not realise it before. Can delete this post from here. Thanks