ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to prove permanent residence status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mbf82
Newly Registered

Documents to prove permanent residence status

Post by mbf82 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm finally almost done collecting all the stuff I need for citizenship (and my LIUK test is tomorrow).
At the end of the citizenship form section 4 says that I need to prove my permanent residence (using treaty rights as I'm European) by providing a PR card (that I don't have and I'm not planning on asking) or by providing:
  1. Evidence of excercising treaty rights for 5 yers (I have my P60s and a letter from my employer).
  2. Evidence of 5 years continuous residence in the UK.
I'm not sure what the second point involves and I haven't found anything in the guide nor in the booklet. Googling for it or searching in this forum was not very useful either as I couldn't find any definitive answer.

Are the P60s enough (how could I have been an employee if I didn't live here)?
Or should I provide something else? If yes, what?
I'm not sure I have a copy of my old tenancy agreement for the first few years. Now I live in a place I own and I could provide a copy of some document proving it, but then I could have bought the place and not actually live there.
An alternative could be council tax bills, but I'm not sure I have all of them (I used to share my rented house with a friend and maybe he kept the papers?).

ryan1512lon

Re: Documents to prove permanent residence status

Post by ryan1512lon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:04 pm

Tenancy agreements, bank statements, bills, council tax etc....

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Documents to prove permanent residence status

Post by milan69 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Your P60's should be fine.
HO will ask you for further proof should they need to.
I am sometimes wrong.