ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEa family permit for non-EEA family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tihomirrr
Newly Registered

EEa family permit for non-EEA family member

Post by tihomirrr » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Good Day,

I have a question regarding a EEA Permit for my wife.I am a Bulgarian citizen a EEA member,and my wife is a Serbia citizen ..not a EEA member.We got married last year,we are planning to live and work in UK now .Both of us have a job offers,thru a recruiting agency in Swansea. My wife have a Bulgarian residence permit for extended stay...one year ,expires in 30.09.2015. What are the options for her?Does She need some sort of a permit or visa to enter,live and work in UK,and if she does ,what are the necessary step we need to take?could you please walk me thru the procedures of applying for the necessary permit?We are planning to apply from Bulgaria.Is it possible for my wife to travel to UK with me ,only with her passport and our marriage certificate...?

Thank you in advance.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: EEa family permit for non-EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:13 am

tihomirrr wrote:I have a question regarding a EEA Permit for my wife.I am a Bulgarian citizen a EEA member,and my wife is a Serbia citizen ..not a EEA member.We got married last year,we are planning to live and work in UK now .Both of us have a job offers,thru a recruiting agency in Swansea. My wife have a Bulgarian residence permit for extended stay...one year ,expires in 30.09.2015. What are the options for her?Does She need some sort of a permit or visa to enter,live and work in UK,and if she does ,what are the necessary step we need to take?could you please walk me thru the procedures of applying for the necessary permit?We are planning to apply from Bulgaria.Is it possible for my wife to travel to UK with me ,only with her passport and our marriage certificate...?
If you have time, the easiest thing is that your wife apply for an EEA Family Permit. You do not need to show any evidence of your assets or that either of you have or might have a job in the UK.

Where are you presently located?

If you are in a rush, it is possible to travel to the UK by land and enter through Calais. Read http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ carefully

tihomirrr
Newly Registered

Post by tihomirrr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:27 pm

we are both in Varna,Bulgaria ...does she have a option to fly with me to UK and enter the country with a me...and a translated marriage certificate?And then register in UK

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:58 pm

tihomirrr wrote:we are both in Varna,Bulgaria ...does she have a option to fly with me to UK and enter the country with a me...and a translated marriage certificate?And then register in UK
You should carefully read the link I posted above. I think it would be hard to get on the plane.