ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kid outside UK for more than 90 days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

Kid outside UK for more than 90 days

Post by Buzz bee » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi all,

We are planning to apply BC in Feb 2015. Myself, hubby and kid will be applying. Myself and my hubby do not have any problem with absences from the country. But my little one is 110 days away from the UK in the past 1 year. He had to stay with his grandparents for a while. Do you think he is eligible for bc. I see the condition no more than 450 days of absence from the country in the past 5 years and no more than 90 days outside the country in past 12 months. Not sure if that applies to my kid. I don't see any such condition in the under 18's application form for our category. Still confused... Please advise. Has anybody faced this scenario?

Thanks,
Buzz bee

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Kid outside UK for more than 90 days

Post by milan69 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:12 pm

In general you would have to apply for discretion for absences over 90 days.
I am not sure if it applies for children and I would look to follow this thread.
I am sometimes wrong.

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

Post by Buzz bee » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:54 am

Thank you Milan. Just so you know, checked with UKBA via email and got the response that there is no residential requirement for my little one's category of application, section 1(3).

So I need not dwell upon his absences :lol:

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:29 pm

Buzz bee wrote:Thank you Milan. Just so you know, checked with UKBA via email and got the response that there is no residential requirement for my little one's category of application, section 1(3).

So I need not dwell upon his absences :lol:
Yes for MN 1(3), child is entitled to register as BC so you don't need to worry about absence.