ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Spouse Visa after 6month

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rayking

Re: Applying for Spouse Visa after 6month

Post by Rayking » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:01 pm

No,it has no effect on the application.
Do make sure your employer writes the letter as eco wants it,not the way the employer thinks it should be Ok. Remember it should be your total earning in 6 months,multiplied by 2.
When you've got everything ready,look through and then explain anything you think might not be clear to whoever is going to treat your application Ok.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Rayking wrote:No,it has no effect on the application.
Do make sure your employer writes the letter as eco wants it,not the way the employer thinks it should be Ok.
And how does ECO want it ... is there an example ?!
I will not be able to get a contract :( apart from a simple letter from HR, stating my info + starting date + hour rate.
Rayking wrote:Remember it should be your total earning in 6 months,multiplied by 2.
Yes, importantly I make £9.300 (minimum) within 6 month - despite having one payslip being under £1.550

Rayking wrote:When you've got everything ready,look through and then explain anything you think might not be clear to whoever is going to treat your application Ok.
I had an idea in my head to write like a cover letter to explain what documents I have gathered and to why I do not have P60 and to why I got one payslip under £1550 and that I got £13K savings even tho , it does not benefit to my application.

If the letter makes a difference at all ....

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:55 am

Bucki wrote:
Rayking wrote:No,it has no effect on the application.
Do make sure your employer writes the letter as eco wants it,not the way the employer thinks it should be Ok.
And how does ECO want it ... is there an example ?!
I will not be able to get a contract :( apart from a simple letter from HR, stating my info + starting date + hour rate.
Rayking wrote:Remember it should be your total earning in 6 months,multiplied by 2.
Yes, importantly I make £9.300 (minimum) within 6 month - despite having one payslip being under £1.550

Rayking wrote:When you've got everything ready,look through and then explain anything you think might not be clear to whoever is going to treat your application Ok.
I had an idea in my head to write like a cover letter to explain what documents I have gathered and to why I do not have P60 and to why I got one payslip under £1550 and that I got £13K savings even tho , it does not benefit to my application.

If the letter makes a difference at all ....
You don't need any contract, the letter should be enough. As long as it's on letterhead
There's no particular way to write it,just make sure your income in the past 6 months is stated and what your annual income will be with that, if multiplied by 2
Something along the line.............his income in the last 6 month is........and is annual income base on this is.........
P60 isn't necessary and you can't be refused because of that,but explaining that wouldn't hurt either.
There's no point talking about one of your payslips is below 1550,as long as your total income in 6 month is 9300 or more,you're fine.The savings has no effect on your application as well.
Cover letter is a good idea and that was what I meant.
I hope your wife has got her test of English language and tb certificate? Don't forget that.
Your employer's letter should include this four important points

i) Your employment and gross annual salary;

(ii) the length of your employment;

(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and

(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:20 pm

UPDATE

Right ... good news on my side and yet worries coming along :/

I got a new job now as an IT Help Desk, just outside Coventry.
It is a 18 month fix term contract with an annual salary of £20.000

I guess, the 2 month worth payslip of the previous job , does not count anymore !?
Meaning, I have to start from beginning again ... :( !?

Besides that, I got a slight concern about accommodation.
I am looking for a 1 bedroom house (which is not easy to find and expensive too).

Wonder, if it would be alright if I rent a "shared" house but have my own bedroom !?
I would pay like £400pcm and all the bills / electric / council tax are included in that price.

Now, will this not be ok when it comes to "showing proof of council tax payment end bills payments etc"?
Would Border Agency not want all bills to be on my name ... ?!

Also, would it matter if I get a temp. accommodation and then change after 3 months etc. I dont think they would want last 6 month bills or council tax ... provided I have: tenants agreement, double bed room, and the bills paid or something showing where I live.

Please advise ...

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Bucki wrote:UPDATE

Right ... good news on my side and yet worries coming along :/

I got a new job now as an IT Help Desk, just outside Coventry.
It is a 18 month fix term contract with an annual salary of £20.000

I guess, the 2 month worth payslip of the previous job , does not count anymore !?
Meaning, I have to start from beginning again ... :( !?
Unfortunately that's correct... you would have to start the 6 months again if you only have 2 payslips in the current job.

Besides that, I got a slight concern about accommodation.
I am looking for a 1 bedroom house (which is not easy to find and expensive too).

Wonder, if it would be alright if I rent a "shared" house but have my own bedroom !?
I would pay like £400pcm and all the bills / electric / council tax are included in that price.
Sharing is fine - you just need a letter confirming that your landlord is OK for your wife and any dependents to move in.

Now, will this not be ok when it comes to "showing proof of council tax payment end bills payments etc"?
Would Border Agency not want all bills to be on my name ... ?!
You should also get this in writing. One way you can get proof of address is from your bank (statements in the post).

Also, would it matter if I get a temp. accommodation and then change after 3 months etc. I dont think they would want last 6 month bills or council tax ... provided I have: tenants agreement, double bed room, and the bills paid or something showing where I live
You don't need to provide 6 months worth of proof - just something as recent as possible when applying.

Please advise ...

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Ahh I see :)

You don't need to provide 6 months worth of proof - just something as recent as possible when applying.
would tenancy agreement (example) 6 month ago not be valid then ... since is not recent ?!
Think of me sharing a flat, all bills are paid through the monthly payment, therefor I wont have any bills on my name.

that is what it makes me confuse ... to how to show any bills in that address.
right, i could get bank statement to that address - but anything else ?!?

You should also get this in writing. One way you can get proof of address is from your bank (statements in the post).

what you mean by that ... also in writing !?

By the way, I read somewhere that ALL documents cannot be older then 28 days when applying for visa.
Now, the tenancy agreement will be older then 28 days anyway ... plus payslips will be older etc etc

Not sure which documents they mean, cannot be more then 28 days?!
the ones I can think off, are : bank statements and council tax but again, if it is shared flat ... council tax payment will be done by the landlord therefore I wont have any proof.

,mmmm

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:19 pm

actually, would this type of 1 room flat be sufficient for 2 adults:
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to- ... 83213.html

the bedroom is in living room lol aka. studio flat :/

or this: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to- ... 69105.html
it is shared Spam etc.

but yeh, doubt they would agree to this size!

==========

I wish I could simply use the current room I live in, but then my work is 2 hr drive away.
Doubt that home office would accept it ?!

:(

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:13 pm

hmmm

just thinking: do I have to rent a house ON MY OWN for a period of time, when it comes to making the visa application
or does the length not matter ?! As long as I provide an accommodation at the time of the application. right??

example@

I could live in a shared house with other people for 5 month, and then get my own place within next 1 or 2 months ;then I make the visa application. Is this alright ?!

oh by the way ....

could I simply make the application from my current place, where I have my own room at my parents?!
though, as told before ... i pay no council tax or any bills. (sure I give them some cash in hand money to help them out etc).

so, i am thinking, to move there but yet when I make application, I give this address where I live now ..
can I not do it ?! I will not change bank address etc.

so, yeh ... any advice??