ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Since

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Since » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:28 pm

HI All,
I got a question about settlement case workers department. does this department deal with all type of settlement applications such as SET(0), SET(M), SET(LR), or they got their dedicated department based on settlement application type.

I am asking this question because I have seen November applicants are currently getting consideration for SET(0). follow the following link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... -6980.html

Thanks

shoaibsuleman

Post by shoaibsuleman » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:14 pm

shoaibsuleman wrote:
K4 wrote:
Allesheikh wrote:Hi Everyone

Got letter today saying that can't expedite my application as they have to do further enquiries. Is regarding English language requirement as media coverage for abuse of English language requirement and we have to hold some applications they For further enquiries and invite for an interview shortly.

Has anyone else had an interview. What would they ask, I had my masters degree from university of east London and also provided marks sheet. very worried please advise I think few members had issues with toiec but I have nothing with toiec.

Thanks in advance Ali
hi Allesheikh

Did you use toeic when you applied for masters degree?? I am in the same situation tho I haven't receive any letter yet I used toeic in a extension
Check this out:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 70059.html

Blessed2015
Newly Registered

Post by Blessed2015 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:36 pm

ratz wrote:
Blessed2015 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Can anyone see the application tracker spreadsheet now please

I've tried to view it several times but the Google link isn't working

Thank you
Hi All,

Is the spreadsheet working now? I have cleared my web history but still can't open the spreadsheet.
Is anyone able to open it please?
Thank you

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Question1, Yes but double check on ukvi.
Question2:The last passport used for travel or/and immigration purposes(Up to the best of my knowledge)
Question3: You can enter the entry dates from your passport and the exit dates could be a day early as PIA reaches next date, I think
Question 4: Photocopies of all the documents, It would be good if you copy even blank pages of yr passport. I recon
I think it will helpThanks
Jan

imi99999 wrote:Need Few Answers, Just filling Up SET(LR)
QUESTION 1.
SET (LR) Application Form (version 12/2014)
Comments: IS ABOVE THE CORRECT AND LATEST VERSION OF APPLICATION FORM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION 2.
C6. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?
Yes document enclosed, passport/travel document number is
COMMENT: I HAVE 3 PREVIOUS PASSPORTS AND 1 CURRENT AND IN ABOVE QUESTION JUST ONE BOX FOR THE PASSPORT NUMBER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION 3
D3. Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and
returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences
however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and
enclose it with your application.
COMMENTS: I KNOW MY ENTRY DATES FROM THE STAMP ON PASSPORT BUT HOW WOULD I ESTABLISH MY DEPARTURE DATE?
I CAN SEE THE DATES I ARRIVED IN PAKISTAN FROM ENTRY STAMP BUT THAT COULD BE NEXT OR SAME DATE I DEPARTED FROM UK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION 4
Have you provided your current passport(s) or travel document(s) and all
other relevant documents specified in section C and are they originals?
(We also require photocopies of the same).
COMMENTS: WHAT PHOTO COPIES WILL I NEED TO SEND I.E ONLY PAGES WITH STAMPS OR ALL PAGES????
[/quote]
Last edited by msk8 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Thanks msk 8
Can you also tell me about question about
Ties
With the country born,nationality or lived for 5 years
What sort of info should I fill and should this include uk as I have lived 10 years
Thanks again
msk8 wrote:Question1, Yes but double check on ukvi.
Question2:The last passport used for travel or/and immigration(Up to the best of my knowledge)
Question3: You can enter the entry dates from your passport and the exisit dated could be a day early as PIA reaches next date, I think
Question 4: Photocopies of all the documents, It would be good if you copy even blank pages of yr passport. I recon
Thanks
Jan

imi99999 wrote:Need Few Answers, Just filling Up SET(LR)
QUESTION 1.
SET (LR) Application Form (version 12/2014)
Comments: IS ABOVE THE CORRECT AND LATEST VERSION OF APPLICATION FORM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION 2.
C6. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?
Yes document enclosed, passport/travel document number is
COMMENT: I HAVE 3 PREVIOUS PASSPORTS AND 1 CURRENT AND IN ABOVE QUESTION JUST ONE BOX FOR THE PASSPORT NUMBER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION 3
D3. Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and
returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences
however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and
enclose it with your application.
COMMENTS: I KNOW MY ENTRY DATES FROM THE STAMP ON PASSPORT BUT HOW WOULD I ESTABLISH MY DEPARTURE DATE?
I CAN SEE THE DATES I ARRIVED IN PAKISTAN FROM ENTRY STAMP BUT THAT COULD BE NEXT OR SAME DATE I DEPARTED FROM UK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION 4
Have you provided your current passport(s) or travel document(s) and all
other relevant documents specified in section C and are they originals?
(We also require photocopies of the same).
COMMENTS: WHAT PHOTO COPIES WILL I NEED TO SEND I.E ONLY PAGES WITH STAMPS OR ALL PAGES????
[/quote]

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:57 pm

You r welcome
You can tell them where you born and your nationality, they knew it don't they? So write it. also if your parents are here or there, tell them or if your family(wife or kids) tell them where they are. also you can write that your friends are here(UKI) or there(Pk) It will tell if there is any ambiguity or about your honesty I think, My opinion I could be wrong
Last edited by msk8 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Spread sheet is live,

sa428
Newly Registered

Post by sa428 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Friends
After waiting for 5months, I had my documents today but I was refused for my long stay. The following is my story:

According to them I have 85days breaks. I applied for Tie4 in 2009 and after waiting for two months , my application was rejected because one of my dependent fees was declined. I submitted the same application again within 28 days and this time , my application was again rejected after a month that the old application has been used. I was advised to resubmit with new edition of the application . At last I was granted a Tier 4 in 2010. I am confused .

At the moment I still have one month visa as a student . What should I do.

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Dear members and readers of this forum,
I am reader of this forum for the last 2 months, I am visiting it at least once a day.
I am thankful to the creator and moderators of this site. Also the participants. I think its a value addition in social life and should stay alive. The google spread sheet is a bonus on top.
Wow! a kind of intelligence, integration and awareness.
Many thanks
Jan

Blessed2015
Newly Registered

Post by Blessed2015 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:45 pm

msk8 wrote:Spread sheet is live,
Thanks msk8 but I keep getting the same error message from Google Drive. I have tried everything and this spreadsheet has kept me sane. I applied on Nov 2014

I just tried again using my laptop and it worked. Probably because I have been using my phone all along.
Thanks so much everyone. Really appreciate it

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:57 pm

sa428 wrote:Friends
After waiting for 5months, I had my documents today but I was refused for my long stay. The following is my story:

According to them I have 85days breaks. I applied for Tie4 in 2009 and after waiting for two months , my application was rejected because one of my dependent fees was declined. I submitted the same application again within 28 days and this time , my application was again rejected after a month that the old application has been used. I was advised to resubmit with new edition of the application . At last I was granted a Tier 4 in 2010. I am confused .

@sa428, Dear (1)recheck, when your dependent fees was declined, was there enough money in your bank account to establish it was your fault or their fault. If the money was there in your bank but they could not take them, then your case is 99% solved. If not, then go to a good solicitor and give the reason why you could not pay, a reason could be a writing mistake, you should know that. (2) the second point is dependent on the first one, If the first point is your fault then the second will be considered as yours.
All these are my opinions, I suggest get an expert opinion. Also senior members should comment on it , I hope!!

sa428
Newly Registered

Post by sa428 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Thank. i was not given right to appeal which means i have to reapply .

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:12 pm

meghankit wrote:
mazeen1910 wrote:Hi all,

I got some news finally :D

I have got my ilr at last. Bit more information:

Approval date - 08.02.2015 (Sunday)
Documents received - 11.02.2015
BRP card received - 11.02.2015

I have missed both couriers so I only collected both today and got back home late - sorry for the delay in letting you guys know.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum(past and present) for being very active and being close to each other.

This forum is a great asset so let's make sure we maintain this and handover to the next lot and this thread goes on beyond 2000 pages.

I am not going to run away, I am planning to login atleast once a day and respond to any questions which I can help.

Finally good luck to all the people who are waiting.

congratulations
as you know the tracker is not working properly
could you please let us know the details.
application date: 03.10.2014 (HO mentioned they got it on the 7th of October and that's when the counter for 6 months start)ack date:
bio invite date: 29.10.2014 (letter dated 24.10.2014)
bio enrol date:01.11.2014
approval date: 08.02.2015
docs receipts date: all docs received

it will be great help to people like me who are still waiting for the approvals

regards

Please see response above in red

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:23 pm

sa428 wrote:Thank. i was not given right to appeal which means i have to reapply .

I think reapply will not make the difference. Therefore get an expert opinion as it will take another 4 months and the possibility of the same out come. In my opinion write a letter to the case worker with some kind of facts to establish that you should be given the grant than the refusal. I heard if the right of appeal is not there, still there is a right of the appeal. It's UK not tumbaktoo!!!
I hope this will help

sa428
Newly Registered

Post by sa428 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Can MP help me

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:00 pm

sa428 wrote:Can MP help me
Use all options like social forums, MP, solicitors, I think even case worker will give you the right of the appeal if your visa is finishing next month if he wants to stick with his refusal than to grant you a visa .
Wish u good luck , be hopeful, I know its easy said than done, But I also believe U will get it as every one does

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:43 pm

please Can some one enter my time line ?
msk
applied on 12/11/14, acknowledgment 16/11/14, bio inv 27/11/15 bio done 27/11/15

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:24 pm

hi mate
i had exactly the same problem.
a ditto copy of urs even same year and mine was 91 days GAP

i got my ill this week alhamdulliah with first attempt

if u need any help
email me on animotors@outlook.com and i will give u my phone number and ill tell u exactly what u need to do

sa428 wrote:Friends

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:44 pm

shoaibsuleman wrote:
K4 wrote:

Got letter today saying that can't expedite my application as they have to do further enquiries. Is regarding English language requirement as media coverage for abuse of English language requirement and we have to hold some applications they For further enquiries and invite for an interview shortly.

Has anyone else had an interview. What would they ask, I had my masters degree from university of east London and also provided marks sheet. very worried please advise I think few members had issues with toiec but I have nothing with toiec.

Thanks in advance Ali
hi Allesheikh

Did you use toeic when you applied for masters degree?? I am in the same situation tho I haven't receive any letter yet I used toeic in a extension
Well well well, I submitted the my application only last week and I got the UEL degree(2 semster from college and done dessirtation from university) as well, I attached the transcripts as well. you made me slightly worried as well mate...
Hi Shoaib,
My case is eactly same 2 semesters exempted on the basis of previous education and got admission in dissertation only. Please can you send your number i can call you to discuss further.
Thanks

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:52 pm

veekas wrote:
Dec17 wrote:

Thanks in advance Ali
Hi mate if you don't use toiec why they holding your file ?
Hi mate I couldn't get that if you have a master degree from UEL ? Still query about you English very strange , shall I ask you one thing if you don't mind you studied at UEL directly or you got your degree from UEL while studied in any other institute ? .

Best wishes and Regards
Hi

Thanks for quick response from you guys. I dont know why there are holding my file on the basis of english language. I have studied directly from UEL and got degree. But ive done dissertation only at UEL. My first two semesters were exempted because i had 2 bachlors degree, 2 advance diplomas and previous work experience. Has anyone eles got interview recently? What will they ask? I have no history of toiec and never used toeic in any applications. I was thinking to withdraw application and submit again with fresh english language course. I spoke to one solicitor as well but he said dont withdraw, i can take your case from here and would write a letter and prepare for interview. No sure what to do these solocitors are after money end of the day. Please any suggestion. I called my uni today and asked them to send me letter confirming my course and degree which is on its way now. Please help guys.

Thanks Ali

dynamicdude
Newly Registered

Post by dynamicdude » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:59 pm

dynamicdude wrote:Long Wait for the visa!!!

Hello my fellow brothers who are also in the waiting game like me and congratulations to those who has received their Visa...
Here is my timeline for the visa application

visa posed: 7 October 2014
application letter recd: 9 October 2014
Biomatrix Letter: 29 October 2014
Biomatrix Done: 29 October 2014

Guys I have received my visa and biomatrx yesterday. Thanks for support and advice.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated....
Wish you all very best of future...

veekas
Newly Registered

Post by veekas » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Allesheikh wrote:

Hi

Thanks for quick response from you guys. I dont know why there are holding my file on the basis of english language. I have studied directly from UEL and got degree. But ive done dissertation only at UEL. My first two semesters were exempted because i had 2 bachlors degree, 2 advance diplomas and previous work experience. Has anyone eles got interview recently? What will they ask? I have no history of toiec and never used toeic in any applications. I was thinking to withdraw application and submit again with fresh english language course. I spoke to one solicitor as well but he said dont withdraw, i can take your case from here and would write a letter and prepare for interview. No sure what to do these solocitors are after money end of the day. Please any suggestion. I called my uni today and asked them to send me letter confirming my course and degree which is on its way now. Please help guys.

Thanks Ali

Hi Ali
mate I think you don't need to withdraw, because of another institution reputation you got call in for interview. If you had full time finished your masters @ UEL then they won't call you for interview, although it's very ambiguity, because most of the applicants sending University Masters Degree, I think it's acceptable not heard so far any complain. Regarding solicitors its your call. Related your preparation for interview check this link http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... applicants t170059.html.

regards, Veekas

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:28 pm

@Bigboy Thanks for sharing your experience and this valuable information on the forum.

This will definitely help lots of people on the forum. As I mentioned earlier I had pretty similar situation back in 2009 while applying for student extension. Visa was expiring 30-12-09. Submitted in time application. In Feb 2010 just found out the my college is no more on the list. H.O returned my application and documents on 09-03-10 as invalid not because of the college got de listed due to the payment issue as the cheque I did submitted with the application wasn't signed. Re Submitted my application again with new college got visa in June 2010.

I have already sent my ILR- LR without knowing the fact that this issue could cause a problems as you mentioned you have checked with several experts. I have already requested my S.A.R. Luckily i do have all the bank statement for that period when my application was returned as invalid and i have sufficient funds in the account. I do not in case if my ILR get rejected not sure if i will be able to use those statement back my case.

Just praying these days let see what will be outcome. I should have prepared my case like yours in advance.

Anyways Thank you once again for sharing this information with us.

Congratulations to all who recently got approvals.

Bigboy86
hi guys as promised i am here to answer any question about the gap

@Smir
your first question
in 2009 first in june they sent my whole application back saying that my payment hasn't gone through and if i want to apply then apply again using correct payment method. they didn't give me any time scale within which i have to apply back.

secondly
i didn't appeal for my case in 2009. what actually happened was that i applied 2 days before my visa was expiring on 28th june. i got all my application back saying that the fee was not deducted on 17th july. WHAT MY MISTAKE WAS THAT I REAPPLIED WITH NEW BANK STATEMENT WHICH DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY INIT after 2 days of receiving the application back. on 15th august they refused it saying that i didn't score 10 points for maintenance. they sent my passport to local removal services and they told me to leave the country asap, i didn't have right of appeal. then i went to a solicitor and he suggested that i should apply with new application and not to go to appeal because it will cost more and take more time too. so i reapplied through solicitor on 21st august with correct statement and correct fee and got the visa.

i have visited so many solicitor before my ilr application to find out if it was a gap. i even went to a first tier tribunal judge who charges £250/10 mins to find out. and everyone told me that it is a GAP.

so then i started to get every thing together.

my solicitor was Bukhari chambers and my personal solicitor was MRs Bailey. they are really very good and very cost effective.

if you have anymore questions about anything i can help with then please contact me on danish9886@icloud.com. i will be more then happy to answer every questions. including if you want to know how much the solicitor cost and what exactly u should do before or after you sent the application.

ONE THING I FORGOT TO ADD IS THAT I ALSO WENT TO SEE MY MP AND TOLD HIM TO WRITE A LETTER TO HOMEOFFICE ASKING THEM TO USE SOME DISCRETION. HE RECEIVED REPLY BACK FROM HOME OFFICE SAYING THAT THEY WILL DO EVERY THING THEY CAN.

REGARDS

smir wrote:Thanks

Can you please throw light thAt did they returned documents and application

Or did they sent you letter that application is invalid and apply again ?

Please throw some light

Also was you case with tribunal or any appeal pending ?

Thanks
Also if able to provide with details of consultant so that we too can get important info please
Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:Many Congratulation brother Very happy for you.

I have almost a same case have gap due to invalid application - Payment issue the only difference is I wasn't aware of this that the invalid application counts as a gap in your legal residence until I joined this forum.

So let see what will be the outcome of my application.
Bigboy86 wrote:AlHumdullilah
by the grace of allah the only merciful

i have received phone call from my solicitor confirming that my ILR has arrived.
I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM FOR ALL THE HELP THEY HAVE PROVIDED.

MY CASE WAS NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD, I HAD A GAP OF 91 DAYS IN TOTAL DUE TO PAYMENT NOT BEEN TAKEN FROM HOME OFFICE IN 2009 FOR MY TIER 4 APPLICATION. I REALISED IT SOON ENOUGH BEFORE APPLYING FOR MY ILR AND PREPARED MYSELF FOR IT.
I WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT I DID TO PREVENT THE HOME OFFICE FROM REFUSING YOUR APPLICATION.

1. First of all i received my SAR report which told me exactly where my GAP was.
2. then i called my bank and asked them for my bank statement from that time when my visa was refused due to home office not been able to take the payment.
3. i highlighted the relevant time when home office should have taken the payment but they didn't to show that i had enough money in my account and it wasn't my fault.
4. then i went to a first tier tribunal judge who sits in London and gives consultant. he cost a lot but he gave me confidence that i have a possibility of winning it. (you don't have to do it)
5. then i went to my solicitor and gave all the papers to them.
6. they made the case and gave a reference of BASNET VS SSHD which is very good precedent for all the cases who have gap due to payment issues in past.

i received my documents today and the date on the letter was 7th feb.
please update the spreadsheet.

i will be checking my this account every week for any questions anyone have.

regards.
[/quote]

ali98149
Newly Registered

Post by ali98149 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Hi all,

i got my approval today but didn't get what i expected, actually the HO gave me 3 years discretionary instead of ILR, my solicitor called me to let me know he has received my documents today.

The letter stated that i had a gap of 56 days on one of my student extension back in 2008, but the fact is, i never had a gap because my student visa was expiring on 28th November 2007 back then i applied for extension on 25th November 2007, they sent my documents back asking for some information and giving me 28 days to reply, however i sent the information requested by 3rd December 2007.

they are saying after that there was another refusal sent to me in January 2008 which took me 56 days to reply, but there was no such thing like that, after i sent them the required information, within a few months i got my visa there was no second refusal.

My solicitor has asked me to get my SAR report to check if this is the case, as he said to me that if the SAR report is different then the decision can be challenged in the high court up to 90 days when you receive approval.

The funny thing in all this is my current visa was due to expire on 12th February 2015 and the home office made the decision on my application the 12th February only, don't know if its coincidence or deliberately done.

Application Sent: 8th Aug 2014
Ack received: 27th Aug 2014
Biometric Done: 25th September 2014
Approval Date: 12th February 2015 ( Given 3 years discretionary leave)

searoze

Post by searoze » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:00 am

Hi everyone
I applied SET (LR) application on 5th of Feb 2015. HO received 6th Feb. Payment on 10th Feb. Ack letter received today 13 Feb 15.
Could any moderator add me into Google drive please
Regards
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong