ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Applying for tier 2

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:08 pm

Hello everyone

I am applying for tier 2 sponsor my previous leave was PSW. Then I applied for entrepreneur visa and appeal refused at the moment I am waiting for upper tribunal decision of hearing should be heard or not. And I haven't got my passport.

1. I want to know can I apply on same day service for tier 2 sponsor? And I have seen 10 days priority service? Can I go for that?
2. Do my sponsor need to do RMLT? Or any market search to offer me a job?
3. And please suggest me, on which points I have to look so that my visa will not be refused this time?
4.what is this about salary requirement? As my sponsor is saying he will offer me 22000, how I need to calculate it with my job title?

Please reply me

Thanks

kevb2014

Re: Applying for tier 2

Post by kevb2014 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:25 pm

Aliabbas12330 wrote:Hello everyone

I am applying for tier 2 sponsor my previous leave was PSW. Then I applied for entrepreneur visa and appeal refused at the moment I am waiting for upper tribunal decision of hearing should be heard or not. And I haven't got my passport.

1. I want to know can I apply on same day service for tier 2 sponsor? And I have seen 10 days priority service? Can I go for that?
No, because unfortunately ur case isn't a straight-forward one.
2. Do my sponsor need to do RMLT? Or any market search to offer me a job?
RMLT is required unless job is in shortage list. You can try jobserve.com (mainly for IT professionals)
3. And please suggest me, on which points I have to look so that my visa will not be refused this time?
Sponsorship certificate 30 pts; Maintenance 10 pts; English Language 10 pts
4.what is this about salary requirement? As my sponsor is saying he will offer me 22000, how I need to calculate it with my job title? Find out what's the most appropriate SOC for your offered position and compare it with your working hours per week. Minimum salary is usually based on 37.5 hrs per week

Please reply me

Thanks

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:15 am

Thanks for your reply

My last leave was PSW do I still need to go through RMLT test? As I have seen on forum people are saying that its not required for those whose last leave was PSW?

Any suggestions!!

arshed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arshed » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:38 am

Dear Allabbas12330

As you stated your tier1 enterprenure application was refused and FFT appeal also dismissed ...., as you couldn't qualify for enterprenure so you are on psw status ...., so definitely you don't need RMLT test ...and second thing .., yes you can use priority service within 10 working days decision category .. Your case is not complicated ..., its simple .., you attempted first application which was refused .., now you going for second fresh application within 28 days grace period ... Wish you good luck ....

Thnx
Arshed

kevb2014

Post by kevb2014 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:21 am

OP was given right of appeal for his Tier 1 refusal which indicates that his PSW visa has expired and therefore will not benefit from the exemption. I believe that he's now covered on 3C/3D leave.

Since he does not have his passport, there is a high risk of being refused entry at PEO but he can still give it a go and in worst case scenario, he'll still be within the 28 days grace period and send the application by post.

Perhaps the experts can shed some light here.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:10 am

@Aliabbas12330
what is the T2 job you are hoping to be sponsored for? Jobs in restaurants are unlikely to qualify.

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:03 am

Hi manci job will be above NQF level 6 but its in a restaurant. As my sponsor have got license on his restaurant.
Will it broke if my job title will be above level 6?

Another question all my educational documents are with home office. To send a new application what I should do to get my passport and educational documents back?

Regards

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:13 am

Please seniors tell me can I use premium service after withdrawing my appeal?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:24 am

Aliabbas12330 wrote:Hi manci job will be above NQF level 6 but its in a restaurant. As my sponsor have got license on his restaurant.

A PhD level job in a restaurant?

Will it broke if my job title will be above level 6?

Another question all my educational documents are with home office. To send a new application what I should do to get my passport and educational documents back?

Regards

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:03 pm

No I have done BA hons in business. And my job title will be from nqf level 6 in a restaurant. Will it b ok? Need your suggestions.

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:13 pm

Please anyone reply me

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Any my job title will be business development manager or PR or marketing manager both are above level 6.. Please guys need your suggestions!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:51 pm

not knowing details of the restaurant or your job description and SOC code, it is difficult to tell but it is very doubtful that this is a genuine NQF level 6 job. The Home Office are more than likely to pay the restaurant a visit.

hermosa
Newly Registered

Post by hermosa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi,

I would like some help urgently.

I applied to switch from tier 4 to tier 2 on the 21st of January. My tier 4 visa expired on the 23rd of jan. I just received a letter saying my application was refused due to inappropriate salary because my CoS states that my prospective employment most closely corresponds to SOC 2110. It also says that my passport has been retained and a decision to remove me from the UK has also been made. My current BRP which expired on the 23rd has been destroyed as it is invalid.

Turns out my employer put the wrong SOC code even though there is an SOC that directly matches my application. However that is because the home office worker who advised him only provided limited information on the codes. The letter also says I have the right to appeal under the stated grounds which would mean the home office made the mistake. However since it was my employer who put the wrong SOC code, then I don't really have grounds for an appeal. Nonetheless, I have read in other forums where people in similar cases appealed to allow them remain in the UK while they got a new CoS assigned, then withdrew the appeal and reapplied.

I have a number of questions:

1-even if I appeal, in the hopes of reapplying with a new CoS, how can I do that as my current leave has expired, the BRP has been destroyed and I do not have my passports

2-Since my current leave has expired, will I be able to reapply from within the UK, since they have said a decision to remove me from the UK has been made

3-If I can reapply within the UK, within the 28 day period, will I be classed as an overstayer and if so what will be the implications of this

4- Alternatively what if my employer was willing to increase my salary to the appropriate level for the 'incorrect' SOC code, what can I do. ie -Will I need to reapply, if my employer informs the HO of this, that in error they put the wrong SOC but is willing to
increase my salary appropriately, therefore meaning I meet the requirements
- If I do need to reapply, can I use the existing CoS and RLMT for which the CoS was attained, as they are still valid,
- will a sponsor's note added saying that my salary will actually be the appropriate salary as opposed to the one initially
put on the CoS suffice with a Cover letter explaining this or saying they erroniously put the wrong salary

Please get back to me ASAP, I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks