ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding divorce with eea partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamcompletelymad

Regarding divorce with eea partner

Post by iamcompletelymad » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi all, Can any one help me and advice what ground should i use for applying for divorce so that it doesnt affect my ror application. My eea partner had 2 years of employment in uk but 14 months of it was after we started living separately. So i dont know if to use the reason for 2 years separation for grounds of divorce. And what if the some of the months of required one year employment for ror falls in those 2 years< would it affect my application?? or would they not consider any of that??

I am very confused.

Any advice will be helpful/ Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Regarding divorce with eea partner

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:21 pm

Well the grounds of divorce is based on the area of the UK in which you reside and the reason for filing divorce, a stranger on the forum, who don't know about you or your relationship, will have difficulties advising you on the best step.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi,

Don't try to mess everything up please.

Firstly,your relationship need with Eea has to be together for 3 years before the divorce proceeding and your eea partner must be working till you receive your divorce cert.

secondly,yourself has to be in full time employment before and after you received your divorce cert in other to be grant Retained Right of Residence.

However,as per divorce like obei said it depends where you live,try manchester if you stay around it takes about 4 month to get your divorce cert.I was once like yourself but now i was given ROR due to what i submit with my application i have lean a lot from this forum.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:01 am

I don't know much about ror but I think none of the divorce reason only can affect ror. Usually the most usable reasons for divorce are 1) unreasonable behaviour 2) adultery. But if you are living in Scotland then can apply divorce on the basis of 12 months separation but if you live in England then can't as because it should be either 2 or 5 years.
But most important thing that both parties must be ready to agree on divorce reason and ideally the divorce petition when written then both read it before sending it to court.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

rise
Newly Registered

Post by rise » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Wise wrote:Hi,

Don't try to mess everything up please.

Firstly,your relationship need with Eea has to be together for 3 years before the divorce proceeding and your eea partner must be working till you receive your divorce cert.

secondly,yourself has to be in full time employment before and after you received your divorce cert in other to be grant Retained Right of Residence.

However,as per divorce like obei said it depends where you live,try manchester if you stay around it takes about 4 month to get your divorce cert.I was once like yourself but now i was given ROR due to what i submit with my application i have lean a lot from this forum.
Hi wise, The relationship has lasted 3 years but my eea partner is in her home country since october and currently working there. I am in full time employment and i am located in london.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi Rise can you confirm if you are the original poster, as members are not entitled to have 2 user name.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors