ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Applying for naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brunocavalcanti

EU Applying for naturalisation

Post by brunocavalcanti » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi guys,

My partner is an EU National and he is planning to apply for Irish Citizenship, we just have a question regarding the proof of residency. It says:
"If you are an E.U. citizen for more than five years please submit proof of residence in the State amounting to for a total of five years in the last nine years, to include the year prior to application. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing name and address for this period. **"

How does it work? Does he need to give the PRTB letter for every place he's lived at? Or only different types of proof of address such as bank statement, utility bills and etc.? And what happens if he is not able to provide 3 different proof of address? For example, while he was living here in 2012 or 2013 and he doesn't have 3 different kinds proof of residency? Would it be declined?

Thanks!

jeupsy

Re: EU Applying for naturalisation

Post by jeupsy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:43 pm

Utility bills / banks statements /official letters from governement agencies are all acceptable. No need for PTRB registration.

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:30 am

jeupsy wrote:Utility bills / banks statements /official letters from governement agencies are all acceptable. No need for PTRB registration.
Hi Jeupsy,

Thanks a lot for your reply. But do you know what happens if he doesn't have 3 in one specific year to prove?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:35 pm

So you are saying he has 3 proofs, but all of the same kind? (3 bank statements for exemple)

If it is the case and only occurres for one or 2 of the 5 years, I think it should be fine (I am pretty sure for one of the 5 years I used 2 bank statements and only one other kind of proof of address and it was ok). The wording on the form is not very clear though ... So you can always email them to double check.

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Yeah! Maybe I will email then, just in case. And when he gets the naturalisation do I have to tell the immigration that he has become Irish citizen or can I just apply being in a civil partnership with an Irish Citizen? I am not sure about that because I hold a Stamp 4 EUFAM, and I don't know how that would be.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:02 pm

You don't have to tell them anything in particular.

As soon as he becomes Irish and if you fulfil the conditions, you can apply straight away.

As far as I know, there is no issue to keep your Stamp 4EUFam in the meantime as you were already exercising treaty rights before he became Irish.

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:31 pm

That is exactly what I thought! Thank you very much Jeupsy!!! :D :D :D