ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with Old Passport with BRP Card and Citizen Certifica

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

edilamb
Newly Registered

Travel with Old Passport with BRP Card and Citizen Certifica

Post by edilamb » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Dear all,

I became a British citizen last year. May I ask if the citizenship automatically invalids the BRP card? If I travel with my old passport, the BRP card and my citizen certificate, would UK Border Agency let me enter the UK when I am back? I note some of the threads said that the fingerprint info. would be removed from the Home Office database once one becomes a British citizen. If you had a similar situation recently, could you please very kindly share your experiences with me?

Thanks a lot!

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: Travel with Old Passport with BRP Card and Citizen Certi

Post by akhurshid » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:23 pm

edilamb wrote:Dear all,

I became a British citizen last year. May I ask if the citizenship automatically invalids the BRP card? If I travel with my old passport, the BRP card and my citizen certificate, would UK Border Agency let me enter the UK when I am back? I note some of the threads said that the fingerprint info. would be removed from the Home Office database once one becomes a British citizen. If you had a similar situation recently, could you please very kindly share your experiences with me?

Thanks a lot!
UK citizens can enter UK without any issue or UK passport since they have right to abode. You can use your BRP to exit from the country you are visiting. Citizenship certificate is not travel document and is pretty much useless when it comes to travel.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:29 pm

There were posts here from people saying that when they entered UK and showed their BRP card there was no record of their BRP cards meaning that the records got deleted some time after they became British citizens.
I am sometimes wrong.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:59 pm

milan69 wrote:There were posts here from people saying that when they entered UK and showed their BRP card there was no record of their BRP cards meaning that the records got deleted some time after they became British citizens.

Why use BRP card when you have your British passport on you? .
Be proud to present your passport anytime you travel and archive your BRP card please.
I have done this to mine and proudly appreciate my British passport which I treasure knowing how much i struggled to achieve getting this.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:43 pm

@Jayson65
The tenor of the OP's question suggests that he has not had the time (or perhaps resources) to apply for a British passport and hence is inquiring about traveling on his non-British passport.