ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My application for EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitcher

My application for EC

Post by stitcher » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:30 am

I applied for EC at the British Consulate Hong Kong. on the 18-Nov. They had asked me to bring bank statements, HSMP letter, proof of accomodation and passport. I got a call the same day from the officer requesting me to submit my original work experience and degree certificates, which I did on the 19-Nov that is today. Infact I submitted all marksheets and diploma certificates also.

I was told I would be called. I did not recieve any call so I mailed them. They replied saying no decision has been made yet.

Though most of the cases in HK are delt with the same day and since only one other applicant was present today, I am getting a little worried :( ..
any idea what they are wondering about ???

- A Worried Stitcher :(

stitcher

Post by stitcher » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:36 am

and btw my passport is valid from 1997 - 2017 .. so the officer asked me if this is my second passport and asked me to submit the old passport. I said this is my one and only passport. When I got a call the officer again repeated the same question and when I submitted the documents again today I was asked the same thing again .. i think they are a little doubtful that I have another passport ..

bani

Post by bani » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:12 pm

good luck, stitcher! it seems to me that, because you are not a hong kong national, they are trying to verify the validity of your passport. and this is probably taking time. i hope it is not such a long wait.

btw, is the EC sticky thread meant to be frozen? i tried to post my EC application experience there but it is locked. too bad, because i found to be a helpful thread when i went for EC.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:24 pm

bani wrote: btw, is the EC sticky thread meant to be frozen? i tried to post my EC application experience there but it is locked. too bad, because i found to be a helpful thread when i went for EC.
I have unlocked it so you can post your experience there

Checkmate
On Behalf of the Moderators
Where there is a will there is a way.

stitcher

Post by stitcher » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:32 am

got a call today morning at about 11:10
the caller said my "entry is cleared"
i'll go and collect my documents n my passport
today evening .. for the benefit of other members
I shall write about my experience in detail

bani

Post by bani » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:24 am

hi stitcher, what happened? did you get the EC no problems? hope so :), when do you leave for the UK?
stitcher wrote:got a call today morning at about 11:10
the caller said my "entry is cleared"
i'll go and collect my documents n my passport
today evening .. for the benefit of other members
I shall write about my experience in detail

stitcher

Post by stitcher » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:35 am

yea it's done .. no problem : )
i will be going to london around the first week of feb
so when ru leaving ? if i remember correct you should be leaving
this week end ..

have a nice trip.